Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mia
There's really no need to search. Essentially all hotels qualify. We have a document that mentions the exceptions. I'll look for it.

It's HERE now:
Oh, whoa. So to confirm: the best way to go about things is to say, find the cheapest rate (e.g. via TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, ...) and then email/call in and have a human being at Citi book that cheapest rate instead of whatever the portal quotes you?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Citi's concierge cannot match rates offered by other agencies. It will need to be a rate displayed on the property's own site.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
DP from early October: my 4th night credit posted 1 week before I even checked into the property. It did not include taxes. Seems this is the new tradeoff.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
DP from early October: my 4th night credit posted 1 week before I even checked into the property. It did not include taxes. Seems this is the new tradeoff.
Was it a prepaid reservation? Some of my bookings are prepaid and those credits always post shortly after payment, even months before check in. This was true before the benefit change. My non-prepaid bookings don't post until after check in.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Apparently hotels that are also timeshares are similarly exclude. In my case, that's the Hyatt Residences Maui.
Yeah, timeshares are excluded. The "apartments" bit can be misleading though. Serviced apartments that operate like a hotel can still be booked. The agent needs to call the property directly and get a direct answer from them. If they clarify that they operate like a hotel, then the agent will remark the reservation and book it. Otherwise it risks being cancelled.

I just had this happen last week, which is also when I discovered the exclusions. Haha.

In this case, the phone reservation was probably helpful, and the agent was really awesome.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by baroqen
Was it a prepaid reservation? Some of my bookings are prepaid and those credits always post shortly after payment, even months before check in. This was true before the benefit change. My non-prepaid bookings don't post until after check in.
Yes, it was prepaid.

Maybe this isn't new. My prev experience was with a prepaid reservation booked in Nov '16, for travel in May '17, did not post until June.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
How did you book this? I'm curious if there is any difference when booking via website/email/phone.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:54 pm

Both of my DPs were booked over the phone.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
FWIW, just booked a 4-night stay via the phone concierge. Just called number on back. Phone tree went quickly. When it got to concierge, there was a recording about "due to unusually high call volume..." but no sooner had I sighed and started to fumble for the speakerphone button, a human answered.

This human was pleasant and efficient. Didn't mind having the info fed to her and understood perfectly when I said that I wanted the IHG insider's rate, or whatever it is called. She said that she didn't see my IHG membership number in my profile, asked for it, repeated it back, and got to work. Ended up on hold 2-3 times for 3-4 minutes each time, with one of the in-betweens her checking back in to make sure I was there and pardon the delay.

The price I was quoted was 1% above what I was seeing on IC (IHG) website for insiders (or whatever we lucky few are called), but given that the hotel prices are actually in euros and currencies fluctuate, I'm thinking we're at the same price. She also made clear, without my asking, the "real price," i.e., with the rebate of the four-night average.

Haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail yet, but I can see the reservation at IHG. Not doubting the bad service many of the rest of you seem to have received, and it may be that I will still have to chase down a confirmation e-mail, but based on this experience, I'd certainly continue to give this deal -- and this mechanism, the phone call -- a try.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail yet, but I can see the reservation at IHG. Not doubting the bad service many of the rest of you seem to have received, and it may be that I will still have to chase down a confirmation e-mail, but based on this experience, I'd certainly continue to give this deal -- and this mechanism, the phone call -- a try.
My wife and I have used this benefit several times and have never had a bad experience.

Regards
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Glad you are having good experiences, but it's not always like that. I spent hours on the phone due to probably a glitch on their link to Starwood (or an error on their part) which resulted in a rate I was quoted being confirmed in their email AT A COMPLETELY WRONG RATE (a day later). A totally prepaid rate at that - which was not cancellable (despite their telling me it was less than 24 hours - to which I reminded them that *wood doesn't have a 24 hour cancellation policy!)

No resolution from them despite hours on the phone (and many supervisors) and only when I got my ambassador (thankfully I had one) involved did it get straightened out! I still don't know what caused the problem nor have received any follow up from them despite promises from a supervisor.

Other experiences haven't been this troublesome - but when there is a problem it is not easily resolved!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
For sure ... everyone's experience may vary.

Just a quick follow-up: The confirmation e-mail -- correct in all respects -- showed up almost exactly 24 hours later, just as promised.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:08 pm

Fourth night credited

Does anyone know if 4th night benefit would work at the US Grant hotel in San Diego with the breakfast and fourth night free package? How does this work when you pay the full price of the stay and the fourth night is credited upon check out?

DP: I stayed at the strings intercontinental in Tokyo and I received roughly 25% off the entire stay including taxes. Might have been due to being prepaid in a foreign currency.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I just booked my first Citi Prestige 4th night free (have had the card since August 2017). I called in(dont trust email) and was able to book IHG in London during the flash sale. The booking shows up in my IHG account and I already got the email from Citi saying how much will be credited back.
This is a nonrefundable booking so from what I read here, it should be processed soon, before my trip (in February 2018)
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:39 am

I just made a 5 night booking through the Concierge for a hotel in London. Process was relatively easy as I walked her through exactly what I wanted and had the room type, rate etc... all online while I was talking her through it. She found everything I wanted and quoted me back the same exact room rate, taxes etc... that I had. I got an email confirming everything a couple of days later with everything we discussed including the total room cost.

However, the email also lists out the "4th Night Credit" which is not 1/5 of the room rate before taxes. I can't figure out how the 4th Night Credit was calculated. Is this common that they will include a placeholder until the bill is settled at the end of the stay (I did NOT book a pre-paid rate) or should I call to get this figured out. My stay isn't until next Summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.