Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by jbong
Can the benefit be applied to sandals resorts (specifically st lucia grande)?

I don't think there's a way to check the eligible list without the card, correct? I'm considering applying for the card, but if it's no go with the property, then I won't bother.

Much appreciated, thanks!
I was looking at booking a Sandals (not that one) and they quoted me prices and indicated it was eligible for 4th night credit.

I did not actually book it so can't verify that I actually got a credit, but I don't see why not since the agent was ready to book it and quoted me the 4th night credit
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by seawolf
If you want the credit, pay with the prestige.

The have been enforcing rules more this year than previous years. In previous years, I've had several 4th night credits posted for reservations I cancelled (directly with hotel). They have been looking at folios this year prior to posting the credit.
The exact terms seem to be missing from the website now -- they don't load up. Can you pay for incidentals with a different card? (trying to use the AMEX Ritz offer as well)
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by jbong
Can the benefit be applied to sandals resorts (specifically st lucia grande)?

I don't think there's a way to check the eligible list without the card, correct? I'm considering applying for the card, but if it's no go with the property, then I won't bother.

Much appreciated, thanks!
The 4th night free can be used on all-inclusive resorts (done it before, but not at that resort).

However, if there is a not all-inclusive rate available you will not be able to use the benefit on the all-inclusive rate.

In other words, for each room type the benefit applies only to the lowest BAR (or any other rate type that is LOWER than the BAR). So if the lowest BAR is all-inclusive you can get the 4th free, however, if the lowest BAR is only with breakfast that is the rate you can get.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Question on potential overlapping stays.

Say i book a 4th night benefit in one hotel and due to late flight I check out at 6pm of the 3rd night (which is basically chargeable for 4th night.

I take a flight land and check in to the new hotel at 2am (basically 8 hrs after checking out. Would this second stay be accepted as a 4th night free booking?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I was looking at booking a Sandals (not that one) and they quoted me prices and indicated it was eligible for 4th night credit.

I did not actually book it so can't verify that I actually got a credit, but I don't see why not since the agent was ready to book it and quoted me the 4th night credit
I booked with Beaches (Sandals) in November through the conceirge. Eligible. They said the 4th night would be credited shortly after when the reservation is paid in full...I think that’s 45 days prior to the first day of the stay, 11/1 in my case. So on/around 9/16 if my calc is correct. Will report back if/when it happens.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by kesco
I booked with Beaches (Sandals) in November through the conceirge. Eligible. They said the 4th night would be credited shortly after when the reservation is paid in full...I think that’s 45 days prior to the first day of the stay, 11/1 in my case. So on/around 9/16 if my calc is correct. Will report back if/when it happens.
I too stayed at Beaches twice using the fourth night free, and have an upcoming stay there, as well under the fourth night free. I booked through the Concierge, and the credit showed up a couple of billing cycles later.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Does anyone have any experience paying for the hotel with a different card at checkout? Did you still get the credit? What about a partial payment?

I know technically not part of the rules
I mentioned this upthread, but I've done it twice this year, and gotten credit both times.

Both booked before the changes via email. The first was a Fairfield, I used my SPG Amex out of habit, realized my error while on the flight home. The second was a Holiday Inn, when I arrived I realized my Prestige was sitting on my desk at home; I think I used a Chase Sapphire instead. After my mistakes, I wasn't expecting credit for either one, so it was a surprise when it posted as usual.

That said, I think I just got lucky. It's not something I'd count on or expect, And I won't intentionally take the risk, the relatively smaller benefits offered by other cards would be dwarfed by losing the free night.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by swag
... Fairfield......Holiday Inn...
Relatively low rates and small credits? Wonder if they only audit stays that cost more than a threshold amount?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have to say that the response rate via e-mail is getting to be extremely good. I've made couple of requests via e-mails, though very simple, they were both booked and confirmation received within the hour.
Guess I've jinxed myself.

Latest request has stated turn around time of 6 days. Other requests were booked for the wrong rate (luckily this is in one of the major chains - so I can see it for myself), as well confirmation stated for the wrong days.

Sigh.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by mia
Relatively low rates and small credits? Wonder if they only audit stays that cost more than a threshold amount?
Both were between $100-150.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:09 pm

Sorry if it's been asked before, but does anyone know if I can put my wife's spg loyalty # using my prestige card? We will be traveling together for the stays.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by endy
Sorry if it's been asked before, but does anyone know if I can put my wife's spg loyalty # using my prestige card? We will be traveling together for the stays.
Prestige will book in primary card member name only. You can put your spouse's SPG number on profile but whether hotel will recognize it and credit points is beyond the scope of this thread. Try asking in SPG thread.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Has anyone ever booked 4 nights, 1 night off, 4 more nights, but stayed in the same hotel the off night?? Paying cash or a different credit card? I have a room booked at a near by hotel on the "night off", but would rather not move. Could check out and pay after 4 nights, check in again with cash or another credit card, then the next day check out and check with prestige card again. What do ya think?

Last edited by kalo93406; Sep 1, 2017 at 2:22 am
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by kalo93406
Has anyone ever booked 4 nights, 1 night off, 4 more nights, but stayed in the same hotel the off night?? Paying cash or a different credit card? I have a room booked at a near by hotel on the "night off", but would rather not move. Could check out and pay after 4 nights, check in again with cash or another credit card, then the next day check out and check with prestige card again. What do ya think?
Depends... hotel computer might combine this into one reservation which would potentially screw the reimbursement... what might work better is if you are traveling with someone else and book that off night in their name...

FDW
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
You want to make sure front desk does not proactively combine your reservations especially if you are staying in same room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.