Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:54 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Took me 3h yesterday to get a booking done. Phew.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I got through after about 2 hours. They confirmed they are using Eastern time, so if you haven’t already called or emailed them, it’s too late.

They have almost 1,200 booking requests in the email queue so it’ll be a little while.

Last edited by javabytes; Aug 31, 2019 at 11:54 pm
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by javabytes
I got through after about 2 hours. They confirmed they are using Eastern time for emails, so if you haven’t already called or emailed them, it’s too late.

They have almost 1,200 booking requests in the email queue so it’ll be a little while.
Only? Wow, so I’m responsible for a full 7.5% of their request queue… 🤣
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by helvetic
Only? Wow, so I’m responsible for a full 7.5% of their request queue… 🤣
Depends, did you send 1 email or 89? 😁
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:27 am

Depends, did you send 1 email or 89? 😁
355F1 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....561 area code is Florida....
It is in the area that is currently under a Tropical Storm Warning in connection with Hurricane Dorian.

The eastern half of Palm Beach County is now under a Tropical Storm Warning due to the approach of Hurricane Dorian. A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm winds are expected in the area within 36 hours. Due to this, mandatory evacuations are being ordered for residential structures in Zone A and Zone B in Palm Beach County, effective at 1 P.M. Sunday, September 1, 2019. The Palm Beach County Emergency Information Center number is 561-712-6400.

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2019 at 8:23 am
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Well it's over folks.... I sent in a few emails the last day or so. Maybe they'll take. Maybe not. I'm not going to sweat it.

I guess I understand why they needed to limit it but I wish they still allowed booking with the concierge.

I know one thing. I'll be putting no-non 4th night free hotel spend on my prestige. Not that they'll care. The CRS, Hyatt Card, USBank Altitude (maybe Marriott) are all arguably better cards for this than the Prestige (assuming paying at the property). Longterm I'm not sure what my future with the card will be
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Renard
Well it's over folks.... I sent in a few emails the last day or so. Maybe they'll take. Maybe not. I'm not going to sweat it.

I guess I understand why they needed to limit it but I wish they still allowed booking with the concierge.

I know one thing. I'll be putting no-non 4th night free hotel spend on my prestige. Not that they'll care. The CRS, Hyatt Card, USBank Altitude (maybe Marriott) are all arguably better cards for this than the Prestige (assuming paying at the property). Longterm I'm not sure what my future with the card will be
If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say it was operationally easier for them to limit 4th night credits when bookings went through a single channel. But I am also sad we can’t continue to use the Concierge.
355F1 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Renard
As long as you emailed before the deadline, they'll get the booking done. If they need any more information, they'll contact you, and even if it takes a couple more days, they'll get completed.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:53 pm

As long as you emailed before the deadline, they'll get the booking done. If they need any more information, they'll contact you, and even if it takes a couple more days, they'll get completed.
I think they are over-worked and not able to process correctly. In response to my email they asked for my credit card info. Addressing it to the authorized user.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:34 pm

What happens to all the people working at Aspire after this goes away? Citi won't really be needing them anymore ...
355F1 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Aspire is in many businesses with a wide range of clients. Contract concierge services add/lose clients all the time.

https://www.aspirelifestyles.com/en#capabilities

They are hiring:

https://www.aspirelifestyles.com/en/careers
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Anyone know which time zone they are using for the Sep 1 cutoff?
not that it matters now, but I was told 5:59am Eastern/11:59pm Hawaii
355F1 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:56 am

Is anyone still waiting for an email reply for a booking (s)? I didn't get anything and I sent it Saturday afternoon, Pacific time. Maybe I'm just out of luck?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:21 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by magic168
Is anyone still waiting for an email reply for a booking (s)? I didn't get anything and I sent it Saturday afternoon, Pacific time. Maybe I'm just out of luck?
lol....I sent in 4 hotel requests on Saturday and still haven't heard on any of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.