Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m
Who are you guys emailing to make sure the credit is posting? Aspire?
I reply to the confirmation e-mail. This way they have all the information handy. The e-mail is [email protected]
mia and 355F1 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:01 pm

They Refuse to Make Reservation Because Hotel Website Requires Account

I was trying to make a reservation at and Easyhotel - price was right, and location was perfect for my needs. I call the "concierge" to make the reservation - which they refuse to do. The website requires before paying for a booking that you create an "account" - which is no more than entering a name, email address, and password.

They refuse to use the login credentials for an account I created to make a reservation ("we are not allowed to for privacy reasons") and refuse to create an account ("we are not allowed to create accounts.") So, in other words, they refuse to take the steps necessary to make a reservation.

Seems unreasonable to me - thoughts?
akr1970akr likes this.

Last edited by BigFlyer; Aug 6, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I was trying to make a reservation at and Easyhotel - price was right, and location was perfect for my needs. I call the "concierge" to make the reservation - which they refuse to do. The website requires before paying for a booking that you create an "account" - which is no more than entering a name, email address, and password.

They refuse to use the login credentials for an account I created to make a reservation ("we are not allowed to for privacy reasons") and refuse to create an account ("we are not allowed to create accounts.") So, in other words, they refuse to take the steps necessary to make a reservation.

Seems unreasonable to me - thoughts?
​​​​​​​There's another rule which is that the site must allow a travel agent's code at time of booking, which most likely the site won't accept either, once they use an account.

Most likely, it's not worth the fight.
FindAWay and akr1970akr like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I just booked with the concierge a rate that requires entering a valid AAA membership number, and they were able to do that, no problem. So I guess the cannot-access-an-account problem doesn't extend that far; maybe because there's no password.

Anyway, this was my first 4NF booking in about 18 months. In the past, I did this by emailing desired stay details, along with my name and last 4 digits of card number. This time, they called me back and said that Marriott needed the CVV for the card, which the concierge doesn't save for security reasons. But they said if I add store the card on my Bonvoy account, that's good enough to let them book without needing the phone call. So that's a tip, for anyone booking via the concierge over the final few weeks.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I reply to the confirmation e-mail. This way they have all the information handy. The e-mail is [email protected]
I don't know if it's just me but they've stopped replying to that email. I sent them a message a few weeks before my trip to update the credit card info with the hotel since I had it replaced due to fraud and I never got a response. I had to handle it myself with the hotel.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I don't know if it's just me but they've stopped replying to that email. I sent them a message a few weeks before my trip to update the credit card info with the hotel since I had it replaced due to fraud and I never got a response. I had to handle it myself with the hotel.
I sent them an email on Saturday to that email address regarding a mistake from an over-the-phone reservation and a Concierge representative called me back within a couple of hours. So, seems like maybe it is YMMV.
355F1 and akr1970akr like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

I've got several super quick responses from that e-mail (and some not that quick) several weeks ago. I would suspect it is what you are asking for - I was warned on the phone when completing a reservation though that if there are any changes I will need to call in and not e-mail as once the reservation is complete it is moved to some other department. I don't know how much truth there is in that, but it might be part of the closing down of the services comes September.
akr1970akr and milesforhire like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:16 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about the 4NF. I'm planning to downgrade my Prestige here in the next month (when my AF posts). However, I now am looking at possibly doing a trip in December that I would like to take advantage of the 4NF benefit on. If I book the hotel with the Prestige before downgrading it and before September 1st, will I still get the 4th night free?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:33 pm

you'd get the benefit booking through ThankYou.com because such reservations are pre-paid with the benefit amount applied at time of booking.

you'd get the benefit booking through Aspire if you book a non-refundable rate now, because the benefit would be paid within a few weeks.

i can't imagine you'd get the benefit booking through Aspire on a flexible rate because Citi has to apply the benefit as a statement credit and that would be suspicious on a closed account.

if staying at a Marriott and not wanting a non-refundable rate, a sneaky option would be to have Aspire book a non-refundable rate and then self-service use Marriott's generous 24-hour free cancellation policy to change to a flexible rate.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I've got several super quick responses from that e-mail (and some not that quick) several weeks ago. I would suspect it is what you are asking for - I was warned on the phone when completing a reservation though that if there are any changes I will need to call in and not e-mail as once the reservation is complete it is moved to some other department. I don't know how much truth there is in that, but it might be part of the closing down of the services comes September.
They replied to my inquiry about the credit. Asked me to send them a copy of the folio for faster processing, otherwise it will take 2 full cycles to post. I sent them a copy and they say it should credit before the end of this statement. Will update on when it does!
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by tjh8402
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about the 4NF. I'm planning to downgrade my Prestige here in the next month (when my AF posts). However, I now am looking at possibly doing a trip in December that I would like to take advantage of the 4NF benefit on. If I book the hotel with the Prestige before downgrading it and before September 1st, will I still get the 4th night free?
You have to book and PAY with the prestige card. So if you no longer have the card in Dec and it isn't pre paid - wouldn't qualify
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Booked a stay in NYC, May 23rd - May 27th, 2019.

Finally received reimbursement on August 6th, 2019.

We never contacted them to try and accelerate. This is, by far, the longest we've ever waited for reimbursement, but technically they did meet the terms and conditions (+2 billing cycles after stay)

Regards
akr1970akr likes this.

Last edited by scubadu; Aug 12, 2019 at 11:42 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by scubadu
Book a stay in NYC, May 23rd - May 27th, 2019.

Finally received reimbursement on August 6th, 2019.

We never contacted them to try and accelerate. This is, by far, the longest we've ever waited for reimbursement, but technically they did meet the terms and conditions (+2 billing cycles after stay)

Regards
Nearly identical experience for a stay of nearly the same dates. This was the first one for which I didn't receive the "you're credit is on the way" email...the credit simply appeared in my account. Was that your experience, too?
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Nearly identical experience for a stay of nearly the same dates. This was the first one for which I didn't receive the "you're credit is on the way" email...the credit simply appeared in my account. Was that your experience, too?
Actually, this one was with my wife's card. She had said that she hadn't seen the usual "its on the way" email (I'd asked her to be watching for it), but once the credit posted and I told her, she doubled checked and found the email notice in her junk/spam folder. So yes, it appears they did send the advanced notification.

Regards
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:48 am
Original Poster

They replied to my inquiry about the credit. Asked me to send them a copy of the folio for faster processing, otherwise it will take 2 full cycles to post. I sent them a copy and they say it should credit before the end of this statement. Will update on when it does!
For my last stay in June, I proactively sent the folio and the credit was processed within the same statement period.
akr1970akr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.