Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
That's a fine distinction you are making, and the agents via email don't accept that.
Well, the agents via email don't often respond in a time-appropriate manner to actual queries. However, I like email much better than phone cause sometimes it can take them 45 minutes to make one reservations (obviously depends on who you get).
It is much easier to get a "no" via e-mail. Much more difficult when the customer is on the phone and it is not forbidden by the rules. Lately it is not easy, but doable.

The whole idea of refundable reservations is to have options.

I know it costing them money, but that is how the designed the system. Again, all will be irrelevant in couple of months anyway. Though I will be intrigued to see how it is hard coded into the booking system (i.e., they will have to account for reservations that have been cancelled and not count them toward the limit - or the card will become really useless).

P.S. I always find it the best to call around 7 am EST. Usually no wait time and really fast booking.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’m looking at some hotels in Europe that have an add-on fee of around $30 for a child in our room (2 adults, 1 child). With some it shows up as total room cost (so no problem there) but others shows up as a separate “fee” like a tourist tax does. Will Citi include this fee in reimbursement?
I’ve got an additional, related question. What does Citi do with hotels that charge per person?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Geez.....finished a stay on Dec 3 and they STILL haven't posted my freakin 4th night credit!

THREE billing cycles now!!!

I have NEVER had it take longer than 1 billing cycle and I use the 4th night free at least 2 times per month.

I have stayed at more hotels 5 times since Dec 3 and none of those have posted either.

They kept telling me to wait 2 billing cycles, its in the queue, blah blah blah....

I finally sent them a message today after my 3rd billing cycle and asked them for an exact date it will post and they replied that it will post by the next billing cycle.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 355F1
Geez.....finished a stay on Dec 3 and they STILL haven't posted my freakin 4th night credit!

I have NEVER had it take longer than 1 billing cycle and I use the 4th night free at least 2 times per month.

I have stayed at more hotels 5 times since Dec 3 and none of those have posted either.

They kept telling me to wait 2 billing cycles, its in the queue, blah blah blah....

I finally sent them a message today after my 3rd billing cycle and asked them for an exact date it will post and they replied that it will post by the next billing cycle.
So other than complain, what are you actually planning to do?

Regards
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime

Me too. And this was even prepaid back in Oct/Nov, 60 days before the stay. They have really dropped all support for this.

Maybe that's a conscious decision to deter customers from using this (expensive) perk
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:59 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Me too. And this was even prepaid back in Oct/Nov, 60 days before the stay. They have really dropped all support for this.

Maybe that's a conscious decision to deter customers from using this (expensive) perk
They have definitely changed something internally because this didn't start happening until this stay.

It really sucks because they used to be so quick with their 4NF credits.

I use this about 2 times per month so it's just adding to my "have to keep track of all of my stays for much longer now."
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:57 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

finally got the “your credit is on its way” email today.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Had a stay on 11/9/2018, just received my email today that I should see the credit with 10 business days. So it looks like it take around 100 days to receive the credit now. Terrible compared to what it used to be.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:01 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mustang281man
Had a stay on 11/9/2018, just received my email today that I should see the credit with 10 business days. So it looks like it take around 100 days to receive the credit now. Terrible compared to what it used to be.
Absolutely agree. !!!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Does the property need to be bookable online or Aspire concierge can make reservations by calling the property? Rate is published on the property's website but there are no option to book online.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:57 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Does the property need to be bookable online or Aspire concierge can make reservations by calling the property? Rate is published on the property's website but there are no option to book online.
As long as the hotel has a website the concierge can book through the hotel’s website directly.

Not sure about the calling thing.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
In my experience, if there was any issues with booking online (rates don't match, unable to get confirmation), the concierge had no problem calling the property directly. You should be fine.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by mustang281man
I completed a stay at the end of November, and my credit posted last week, so ~75 days for me. Not sure why there's such variance in posting times.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
In my experience, if there was any issues with booking online (rates don't match, unable to get confirmation), the concierge had no problem calling the property directly. You should be fine.
They’ve called for me, too. In this event, can concierge get special rates “only bookable directly with the hotel”?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: status free since 2017

As long as the hotel has a website the concierge can book through the hotel’s website directly.

Not sure about the calling thing.
Not every website allows booking. Some come with "call for making reservation"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.