Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as Complimentary 4th Night Eligible, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ralphs
Sure would be nice if Citi communicated clearly, directly to its customers, instead of through a credit card referral blog.
I simply decided to play it safe, and e-mailed the concierge to book my upcoming stay. Frankly, given how the Citi travel site kept erroring out, I doubt booking online is much faster than shooting an e-mail to the concierge.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nesnith
Nothing official on Citi's website. The information was reported by The Points Guy though:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/750...-prestige-faq/

Better to contact Citi directly regarding your booking. I hope the Citi Concierge can step in, and add the loyalty number for you.
TPG has added the following:

Update 8/1/17: Citi has clarified that some stays booked online may not be eligible for hotel elite benefits and credit, though stays booked through the Concierge will continue to be eligible. If booking online, its always worth adding your loyalty account number just in case, by calling the chain after booking or by asking an agent to add your number at check in.
Any idea how we could tell which stays booked online are eligible for points and benefits? Seems incredibly vague.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Debonaire
TPG has added the following:

Any idea how we could tell which stays booked online are eligible for points and benefits? Seems incredibly vague.
I would interpret that as none of the stays booked online are eligible for points and benefits. Much discussion when this "benefit" was announced that this would happen. The Citi Online Advertising Agency (aka The Points Guy) assured everyone that it wouldn't be a problem....sounds like he's backpedaling fast now.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like a reason to just continue booking via the Concierge.

I booked my first 4th night free reservation this week and was impressed how easy it was, and that they were able to book me at the Hilton discount member rate.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:53 pm

Property specific.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Sounds like a reason to just continue booking via the Concierge.

I booked my first 4th night free reservation this week and was impressed how easy it was, and that they were able to book me at the Hilton discount member rate.
Agreed. The agent I spoke to recently was very pleasant and efficient. Not sure if I just got lucky but the concierge seems a lot better than it was a year or two ago.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:06 pm

Agreed. The agent I spoke to recently was very pleasant and efficient. Not sure if I just got lucky but the concierge seems a lot better than it was a year or two ago.
So far, I have had quite a bit of luck when it comes to booking through Citi Concierge. All the phone agents I have spoken with were all very competent. I have had no issues so far booking 4th night free with corporate rate, conference rate, etc.

In a few occasions, the agents were also able to complete hotel best rate guarantee claims on my behalf (with my instructions). So far so good! ^
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
So far, I have had quite a bit of luck when it comes to booking through Citi Concierge. All the phone agents I have spoken with were all very competent. I have had no issues so far booking 4th night free with corporate rate, conference rate, etc.

In a few occasions, the agents were also able to complete hotel best rate guarantee claims on my behalf (with my instructions). So far so good! ^
Agreed! Calling Citi Concierge (in the wiki above) result in better rates than those shown on the Citi TYP website, offers the ability to loyalty account information, in addition to special rates, as stated above. When calling the number on the card, be sure to be connected to Citi Concierge, as the standard TYP reservation agents appear to be limited to the website information.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:02 am

So far, I have had quite a bit of luck when it comes to booking through Citi Concierge. All the phone agents I have spoken with were all very competent...
It's a bit sad that competency is such a pleasant surprise, but I'll take it nonetheless.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Since the program revamp, has anyone had any luck getting a post-paid booking made with the 4th Night Free?

When I query my hotel, it shows only the prepaid rate online - with me paying Citi's travel agent directly. The hotel also has a regular (no deposit, 24-hour cancel) rate available. I want to book that, pay the hotel, and receive my refund later, as it was under the former system.

Anyone know if this is still possible via the email route? (e.g., *not* using the online portal)
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Since the program revamp, has anyone had any luck getting a post-paid booking made with the 4th Night Free?

When I query my hotel, it shows only the prepaid rate online - with me paying Citi's travel agent directly. The hotel also has a regular (no deposit, 24-hour cancel) rate available. I want to book that, pay the hotel, and receive my refund later, as it was under the former system.

Anyone know if this is still possible via the email route? (e.g., *not* using the online portal)
I have made post paid rate booking after the change (took advantage of 4th night free in the hotel itself). It was done via e-mail + phone to follow-up, although I assume just regular post-paid rate will be processed quickly via e-mail.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have made post paid rate booking after the change (took advantage of 4th night free in the hotel itself). It was done via e-mail + phone to follow-up, although I assume just regular post-paid rate will be processed quickly via e-mail.
Perfect: I'm going to submit such a request today. Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
I was just told by the Citi Concierge that Safari lodges do NOT count for 4th night free.

I am looking at booking one for January.
Just tried the new booking portal for the first time and I actually found an African Safari Lodge that is eligible for the 4th night free. ^^
Attached Images  
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:05 pm

Marina Bay Sands Rate?

I am thinking of getting the Citi Prestige Card for the 4th night benefit. I am probably going to wait until the end of the year to apply. I wish there was a way to check available rates. I just want to make sure it is going to be worth it. Is someone with the card willing to check the available rates for Marina Bay Sands in Singapore from 1/11/18 and check out on 1/16/18.

I am am interested in a premier room base rate or the city view rate. Anybody willing to help me out? I figure if I can get the fourth night free it will pay for itself with this booking.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dustin Carter
I am thinking of getting the Citi Prestige Card for the 4th night benefit. I am probably going to wait until the end of the year to apply. I wish there was a way to check available rates. I just want to make sure it is going to be worth it. Is someone with the card willing to check the available rates for Marina Bay Sands in Singapore from 1/11/18 and check out on 1/16/18.

I am am interested in a premier room base rate or the city view rate. Anybody willing to help me out? I figure if I can get the fourth night free it will pay for itself with this booking.
Premier King $495 from the website. In my experience, it would be very easy to call in and request a quote. If necessary, describe where you found your preferred rate. This should be a no brainer. I have used it probably a half dozen times in last two years.
Also, if you apply in time, you can receive your airfare credit for 2017. Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.