Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone figured out a way to do this online and to get a Hyatt number into the reservation?

I added my Hyatt number to my profile, but it didn't carry over to the reservation (which makes me wonder why they have that option in your profile at all).

The confirmation email I received doesn't show anything that works on the Hyatt site as a confirmation.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone figured out a way to do this online and to get a Hyatt number into the reservation?

I added my Hyatt number to my profile, but it didn't carry over to the reservation (which makes me wonder why they have that option in your profile at all).

The confirmation email I received doesn't show anything that works on the Hyatt site as a confirmation.
OK - spent way too much time on this today, between the impossible ThankYou site and the terrible phone support.

I think I just have to cancel, and when I spend down my TY points, I'll likely cancel the card also.

I finally gave up on the BS that all of the departments at Citi were spewing at me, and I simply called Hyatt. Shockingly, they:

-answered quickly, with a modest and working phone tree
-understood the issue
-put my Hyatt number in the reservation

But the problem is, they show that the reservation was made through Expedia, so it won't qualify for elite credit for nights or spend. I fully understand that these are the rules, but yet Citi always claims that their bookings do fully qualify, and that has been my experience in the past also.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If you want hotel credit you should just book by calling or emailing. I wouldn't even bother with the website.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Gimlei
Great. Thanks a lot. I've called the hotel and added the loyalty number - it now shows up in my SPG profile without details "[D]ue to a complex rate or a rate from a different booking source associated with your reservation". Let's see what happens - will report back at the end of the week, once the nights post / don't post.
How did you do this? I've been on hold for citi connextions for 20 mins, and they still cant figure out how to do this. they can't even give me my marriott confirmation number, only the expedia one... i don't have high hopes that i'm going to get points for this...

i booked it cuz it was easier/wanted to try it out, but the time it takes to get the rewards# figured out has already blown any time savings away that I had by booking online. So freaking frustrating...
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
If you want hotel credit you should just book by calling or emailing. I wouldn't even bother with the website.
I wish I saw this thread before I did this.... wouldn't have bothered to try it out.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I finally got my online reservation canceled! So that's progress. Only took a few phone calls and maybe 45 minutes.

Not sure if I'll put more time into this one to make the phone reservation.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Just to clarify (per concierge)

Thankyou bookings online are done through connexions (which uses expedia) and you are NOT guaranteed points, benefits, etc

Aspire - the phone agents - have to book with the hotel directly so you do get all the benefits.

IMO it is EXTREMELY dishonest for them not to disclose this upfront to ALL their customers
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good info. Thanks.

All in all, seems like the online booking, while tempting, is really the sucker bet.
estnet likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I have to say that the response rate via e-mail is getting to be extremely good. I've made couple of requests via e-mails, though very simple, they were both booked and confirmation received within the hour.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Does anyone have any experience paying for the hotel with a different card at checkout? Did you still get the credit? What about a partial payment?

I know technically not part of the rules
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Does anyone have any experience paying for the hotel with a different card at checkout? Did you still get the credit? What about a partial payment?

I know technically not part of the rules
It was a no go for me.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
It was a no go for me.
credit didn't post?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
credit didn't post?
Correct. Credit didn't post. Was told because I used Visa instead of MasterCard
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If you want the credit, pay with the prestige.

The have been enforcing rules more this year than previous years. In previous years, I've had several 4th night credits posted for reservations I cancelled (directly with hotel). They have been looking at folios this year prior to posting the credit.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:12 pm

Can the benefit be applied to sandals resorts (specifically st lucia grande)?

I don't think there's a way to check the eligible list without the card, correct? I'm considering applying for the card, but if it's no go with the property, then I won't bother.

Much appreciated, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.