FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1859873-citi-prestige-4th-night-free-hotel-benefit-july-2017-august-2019-a.html)

s0ssos Mar 24, 2019 9:13 am

Originally Posted by moe8555 (Post 30923494)
There really isn't any process to explain... I sent a brief email listing the hotel, dates, guests, and desired room type and that was it.

A half an hour later, I received a reply confirming the rate and rebate amount, with a phone number to call if I wished to proceed with the booking.

I called, they reconfirmed the details, gave my card info and it was booked with confirmation number given on the spot. This was around 3PM Eastern time...

Ok, I have literally never had that happen. Responding within half an hour? Calling and having someone do something quick and easy? Wow! YMMV

moe8555 Mar 24, 2019 10:00 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 30923689)
Ok, I have literally never had that happen. Responding within half an hour? Calling and having someone do something quick and easy? Wow! YMMV

I'll chalk it up to beginner's luck: it was my first-ever 4NF booking.

mia Mar 24, 2019 10:08 am

Originally Posted by moe8555 (Post 30923811)
.... beginner's luck....

More likely you write well, and organized the information in a way that facilitated a prompt reply.

akr1970akr Mar 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555 (Post 30923811)
I'll chalk it up to beginner's luck: it was my first-ever 4NF booking.

Once a tiger has tasted the sweet flesh of man, it no longer craves its natural prey, always looking for pay 2 stay 3, or other stackable deals.

stallion114 Mar 26, 2019 9:00 pm

I never have issues with them booking stays immediately on the phone. I typically book a few days before my Stay.

waiting on 8 4nf credits to post though. Earliest booking from Jan 20 so sounds like this is par for the course

355F1 Mar 26, 2019 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by stallion114 (Post 30933783)
I never have issues with them booking stays immediately on the phone. I typically book a few days before my Stay.

waiting on 8 4nf credits to post though. Earliest booking from Jan 20 so sounds like this is par for the course

i also have 8 4nf credits waiting to post! :D

helvetic Mar 28, 2019 6:11 am

Originally Posted by stallion114 (Post 30933783)

Very similar situation for me.

I will sorely miss Citi 4NF when it dies soon.

shutter41 Mar 28, 2019 7:11 pm

Have an upcoming 7 night stay at a Sheraton and may reserve night 1 as a Marriott award, nights 2-5 as a 4NF reservation, and nights 6-7 as another Marriott award (I'm basically cherry-picking the cheapest cash nights). Is this likely to cause any issues with reimbursement? If the hotel combines everything into one stay, would Citi use that to deny my credit?

baroqen Mar 28, 2019 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555 (Post 30921821)
They do book on the spot, but only after you send that initial e-mail. In their response (which came within 30 minutes), they request that you call in to complete the booking.

My stay was for late August, and I know it was booked on the spot as I was given a confirmation number and snagged the last room available for my dates (availability on hotel's site immediately changed from 'last room remaining' to 'none' as soon as the room was booked).

This is pretty amazing. Not that they booked on the spot, but that you got an email response in anything less than 24 hours, haha. Emailing first is a good idea, with EXACT details, including any promo or special codes. If you don't specify that you want the cheapest rate, even if it's non-refundable, they will always book you the "best flex" level rate.

Phone calls typically are 30 minutes at the minimum for me, but a recent issue (Citi card not working on the Banyan Tree website) caused me something like 12 hours of total grief... however... I found a ridiculously good stackable deal where I got 38% off and THEN the 4th night free for a villa at a Banyan Tree that we really wanted to visit... so I toiled through it.

baroqen Mar 28, 2019 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr (Post 30925021)
Once a tiger has tasted the sweet flesh of man, it no longer craves its natural prey, always looking for pay 2 stay 3, or other stackable deals.

Funniest thing I've seen here in a long time....

And so true... My most recent one was even better. I started with a pay 2 stay 3 promo but a week later there was a 38% off. Cancelled the first and jumped onto the second... That was bliss! We are leaving this weekend for the stay and I can't wait!

abcx Mar 29, 2019 12:42 am

Originally Posted by baroqen (Post 30941692)
Funniest thing I've seen here in a long time....

And so true... My most recent one was even better. I started with a pay 2 stay 3 promo but a week later there was a 38% off. Cancelled the first and jumped onto the second... That was bliss! We are leaving this weekend for the stay and I can't wait!

Pray, tell - what Banyan Tree property?

helvetic Mar 29, 2019 12:52 am

Originally Posted by shutter41 (Post 30941147)
Have an upcoming 7 night stay at a Sheraton and may reserve night 1 as a Marriott award, nights 2-5 as a 4NF reservation, and nights 6-7 as another Marriott award (I'm basically cherry-picking the cheapest cash nights). Is this likely to cause any issues with reimbursement? If the hotel combines everything into one stay, would Citi use that to deny my credit?

Just to be safe you can ask for separate folios from the hotel. In my experience, this would not be an issue, and you should get reimbursed fine.

baroqen Mar 29, 2019 2:30 am

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 30941756)
Pray, tell - what Banyan Tree property?

It's gone now. The rate was available for a few days right around International Women's Day (It was an IWD celebration promotion). I'm going to Banyan Tree Yangshuo, but there was a list of pretty much most of teir properties in Asia participating. It was also for specific room types, in the case of my property it was only the villas.

My apologies, but I did forget to post about it. However, I did post about (on the AccorHotels thread), and there continues to be availability for, another stackable buy 2 stay 3 with a good number of BT properties. This promo also comes with breakfast, wifi, and a 20% discount to the spa. You need to use the promo code MASTERCARD, and it just so happens that the Prestige is a Mastercard. Once again, limited to specific room types, but the promo goes to the end of the year. Here's the link with details.

https://www.banyantree.com/en/offers/mastercard-offer

This second promo is not restricted to one free night per stay. So if you combine it with the Citi 4th night, you could get maximum value at 2 out of 4 nights free or 3 out of 6 nights. These promos appear to only be available directly through Banyan Tree, I didn't see them via Accor so it doesn't seem like you'll be able to double dip on promotions (ie. Accor's bonus points promo via their website). It also has a 14 day cancellation policy, which was nice.

Edit:
I found this one as well. Advance Purchase with 35% off select villas. This basically is very close to the first one I got (38% advance purchase) although the selection of properties is slightly smaller:

https://www.banyantree.com/en/offers...orpDisplay_REM

Biggie Fries Mar 29, 2019 9:19 am

You'll be okay ...

Originally Posted by shutter41 (Post 30941147)

Nah. I have done this sort of thing (IC, with a mix of points, Citi 4/3, and FHR) and things were fine. When you are at the hotel, just to be safe, explain that you want to pay for nights 2-5 separately, on a specific card.

carsnoceans Mar 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 30942898)
Nah. I have done this sort of thing (IC, with a mix of points, Citi 4/3, and FHR) and things were fine. When you are at the hotel, just to be safe, explain that you want to pay for nights 2-5 separately, on a specific card.

I have done it too, sort of. Property insisted that I "check-in/ check-out" for the records to stay different. One of them was able to do it without having me leave the room physically and other required me to leave the room. So YMMV... i hope former works for you.