FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1859873-citi-prestige-4th-night-free-hotel-benefit-july-2017-august-2019-a.html)

nekbet Jul 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 28607439)
Is it possible to "test drive' the new web interface without having an account? I'd like to try it out before I decide whether I'll apply for the card

Just plan to call the concierge line for the 4th night free bookings. I made one today, after emailing yesterday and getting a reply with a ticket # but saying it will be done by the 27th (3 days!). In the meantime, the rate disappeared.

I called and they were able to pull up my email quickly and make a booking at a nearby hotel.

I tried the thankyou website but putting in "Boston" showed 23 hotels? Putting in Boston Logan got me a few more, but no way to filter or search or sort like even hotels.com had in 2009. Terrible.

Perk is worth the card, but just plan on calling them in.

swag Jul 26, 2017 8:03 am

I made 3 booking in the final 2 weeks before the changes, all by email, and all 3 were confirmed within an hour.

Admittedly, these were all pretty simple bookings - Marriott & Hyatt hotels in the US, where I was specific on exactly what room type and rate I wanted.

I really hope they don't reduce staff so much that the norm becomes days and not hours. Before I started emailing, when I would call, even knowing exactly what I wanted, I never once managed to complete the call in under 15 minutes. That's still worth it for the savings, but a 2 minute email is so much more preferable.

MD/DC Flyer Jul 26, 2017 9:29 am

Originally Posted by swag (Post 28609777)
I made 3 booking in the final 2 weeks before the changes, all by email, and all 3 were confirmed within an hour.

Admittedly, these were all pretty simple bookings - Marriott & Hyatt hotels in the US, where I was specific on exactly what room type and rate I wanted.

I really hope they don't reduce staff so much that the norm becomes days and not hours. Before I started emailing, when I would call, even knowing exactly what I wanted, I never once managed to complete the call in under 15 minutes. That's still worth it for the savings, but a 2 minute email is so much more preferable.

I agree - I also made several booking before the change and they were really fast (as you indicated an hour was not rare).

I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come, as this is really the only reason to keep this card now. If I'll be pushed for only rates available on the website it would not be worth to keep it, as I almost always book special rates.

nekbet Jul 26, 2017 10:21 am

The lady that helped me on the phone said "bear with us a little while, we're swamped with the new system changes"

So hopefully temporary? It'd be nice if a Prestige or Concierge (Affinity Travel is their contractor for it, I think?) chimed in :-)

pinniped Jul 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Tried using the new interface but couldn't get the refundable rates to show up. If the 4th Night Free requires us to book non-refundable rates, that seriously diminishes the value of the benefit except in very last-minute situations.

This was for a normal Hyatt where I had all of the regular rates up on another monitor. Traditional (cancellable) rates were available.

matrixwalker2012 Jul 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Would the Conrad in Bora Bora be a 4th night free?

I was thinking of going to bora bora with my girlfriend eventually for a dream vacation and was wondering if that Conrad was eligible for a 4th night free with the prestige card? If so, I would be more than willing to jump on the Prestige card. I was hoping to get one of the overwater villas for around $1100/night and a 4th night free would more than pay for the annual fee.

Colin Jul 26, 2017 3:05 pm

why wouldn't it be? odd question

pinniped Jul 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 28611837)
why wouldn't it be? odd question

Because in the past, there have been some room types (like apartments, villas, all-inclusives, etc.) that haven't counted for the 4th Night Free. I can certainly understand why someone would ask, although now with the online portal it seems like you should be able to find out pretty quickly.

I think (hope?) the Conrad will work. Pretty sweet spot to get a 4th night free...

matrixwalker2012 Jul 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 28612182)
Because in the past, there have been some room types (like apartments, villas, all-inclusives, etc.) that haven't counted for the 4th Night Free. I can certainly understand why someone would ask, although now with the online portal it seems like you should be able to find out pretty quickly.

I think (hope?) the Conrad will work. Pretty sweet spot to get a 4th night free...

i don't have the card yet so I don't have access to any portal. I'm considering getting the card.

nesnith Jul 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012 (Post 28611730)
I was thinking of going to bora bora with my girlfriend eventually for a dream vacation and was wondering if that Conrad was eligible for a 4th night free with the prestige card? If so, I would be more than willing to jump on the Prestige card. I was hoping to get one of the overwater villas for around $1100/night and a 4th night free would more than pay for the annual fee.

The Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort and Spa is listed, and is bookable with the 4th night free on thankyou.com.

http://i.imgur.com/Lhc8yQT.png

mia Jul 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012 (Post 28611730)
...hoping to get one of the overwater villas....

Originally Posted by nesnith (Post 28612405)
The Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort and Spa is listed, and is bookable with the 4th night free ...

I know nothing about this property. Is the room type mentioned eligible for the benefit?

callmedtop Jul 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Dear God, if you are willing to pay $1,100 for a room in the Maldives, do not stay at the Conrad.

nesnith Jul 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 28612658)
I know nothing about this property. Is the room type mentioned eligible for the benefit?

That's a good question. I didn't see the overwater villa listed online.

The data points we have so far suggested that the 4th night free benefit either applies to the entire property or it doesn't.

As far as I know, there doesn't seem to be a specific distinction between room types within the same property, where the benefit would apply to some rooms but not the others. :confused:

jeepie Jul 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 28612991)
Dear God, if you are willing to pay $1,100 for a room in the Maldives, do not stay at the Conrad.

Maldives or Bora Bora?

Amex For Children Of Africa Jul 27, 2017 5:36 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 28612991)

Absolutely agree, especially with the FS or 6Senses there. Though if you have Hilton Gold/Diamond status, you could get some extra value out of it. The new St Regis just opened up too.