Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 9, 19, 7:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 4, 18, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Jonesdds View Post
Recently booked the Montreal Ritz Carlton for the Formula 1 race weekend. I'd already booked the Sofitel also using the Citi Prestige concierge. Both qualified for forth night free and she allowed both to be booked for same time period, I just have to cancel one of them. This weekend is super expensive and difficult to book, I'd originally been told the Ritz only had a few large suites but more recently space was opened. Still pricey, $1000+ per night but with 4th night free........

The way I found out the hotel had opened up space is by emailing a contact I had from the last visit there. When she followed up I told her I was able to book with Citi for the 4th night free, that I was taken care of. She emailed me back saying she was concerned about my reservation, that they weren't having any promos and that I shouldn't count of that 4th night free.

I'm not sure how the benefit is seen or if it's seen at all so I assume she's not familiar with it. I have a confirmation showing the 4th night free from Citi Prestige concierge should I be at all concerned this won't be honored?
Yikes. At least the tickets are cheaper than COTA (so I hear).
Old Jan 5, 18, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, PC Ambassador Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries View Post
Anybody else dealing with this?

Like a lot of people, I got a Citi Prestige retention offer that gives back $50 (at statement close, as it turns out!) each month, for seven months, in which I spend at least $1,500.

Well, at least I think it is spend. Does anyone know what happens when a fourth-night-free charge back shows up in a given month? I.e., does that offset spend, in the same way that I assume spend would be discounted if you bought something at Macys, then returned it? If so, how does one deal with this, because -- at least in my experience -- the point at which the fourth night is rebated is hard to predict with precision.
I would say no effect - the 4th night rebate is given as a sort of "payment" - i.e., for example it does not remove the points associated with the rebate part of the stay as a return will. Return void the transaction completely, the 4th night rebate (like the airline rebate) does not. That leads me to believe that it should count. But have not experienced it first hand, I don't know for sure.
Old Jan 5, 18, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WoH Glob, HHonors (faux) Diamond
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer View Post
I would say no effect - the 4th night rebate is given as a sort of "payment" - i.e., for example it does not remove the points associated with the rebate part of the stay as a return will. Return void the transaction completely, the 4th night rebate (like the airline rebate) does not. That leads me to believe that it should count. But have not experienced it first hand, I don't know for sure.
Ah, good distinction -- I hadn't noticed the points thing.
Old Jan 6, 18, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu View Post
That stinks. I was able to book Amanyara pavilions in the past but never tried for any of their tented resorts.. are you attempting to visit Amanbagh as well?

Good luck
FDW
FYI, i made another call to Citi Concierge few days ago, and this time, another agent told me the tent-style resort at Aman-i-khas is not eligible for 4th night based on what she could see in the room description and photos, but she would open a case for her supervisor to approve this for 4th night credit. Yesterday, they sent an email reply saying this has indeed be approved for 4th night credit, so i called back and booked the tent-style room with 4th night credit.

HUCA works sometimes. This saves me $1200.

By the way, i was able to book amanbagh with 4th night credit in my first attempt since the room style is eligible.
Old Jan 7, 18, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Can the Citi 4th night free benefit be stacked with the Intercontinental Ambassador free weekend night certificate? Has anyone booked a four night stay at an Intercontinental including a weekend, chosen ambassador weekend certificate, and had the concierge successfully book it so that 2 of the 4 nights are free?
Old Jan 10, 18, 1:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
Can the Citi 4th night free benefit be stacked with the Intercontinental Ambassador free weekend night certificate? Has anyone booked a four night stay at an Intercontinental including a weekend, chosen ambassador weekend certificate, and had the concierge successfully book it so that 2 of the 4 nights are free?
I emailed the concierge. They say I can't combine 4th night free with the intercontinental ambassador weekend certificate. Two reasons. 1. The weekend certificate rate is not a publicly available rate. 2. When using 4th night free benefit, all charges must be paid using Citi card, you can't use a certificate.

That said, I wonder what would happen if I just booked it as 4th night free and then called IHG and tried to get ambassador certificate use added to reservation.
Old Jan 10, 18, 3:03 am

Does anyone have any recent data points on whether booking 4th night free through the website portal generates loyalty points and member benefits (like free wifi) for chains like Hilton, IHG, Club Carlson, Marriott, etc.

I still book mostly through emails to the concierge for fear that I'll miss out on the loyalty benefits if I book through the online portal.
Old Jan 10, 18, 11:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
I emailed the concierge. They say I can't combine 4th night free with the intercontinental ambassador weekend certificate. Two reasons. 1. The weekend certificate rate is not a publicly available rate. 2. When using 4th night free benefit, all charges must be paid using Citi card, you can't use a certificate.

That said, I wonder what would happen if I just booked it as 4th night free and then called IHG and tried to get ambassador certificate use added to reservation.
You can try as long as you understand the results would be YMMV.
Old Jan 10, 18, 12:14 pm
Community Director

I think the odds of being able to do this are minimal. In my experience, the hotel is adamant that the booking be made via the proper link. I had a horrible experience once where I used the link, then found a better price with the link within days of arrival. Staff at the hotel said I hadn't done it properly and put it on my shoulders while checking in to rectify. So much for a luxury hotel experience. I was finally able to pull the link up and show the rate that i had booked but it was the better part of an hour of drama.
Old Jan 10, 18, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I think the odds of being able to do this are minimal. In my experience, the hotel is adamant that the booking be made via the proper link. I had a horrible experience once where I used the link, then found a better price with the link within days of arrival. Staff at the hotel said I hadn't done it properly and put it on my shoulders while checking in to rectify. So much for a luxury hotel experience. I was finally able to pull the link up and show the rate that i had booked but it was the better part of an hour of drama.
Ah, OK. Thanks. Part of me assumed that you could saunter up to Intercontinental front desk counter with a regular booking, show them the certificate, and they would just check points availability or the ambassador weekend rate and say "No problem, you can use it" or "No problem but at a slightly higher rate."

I guess it doesn't work like that though.
Old Jan 11, 18, 3:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc View Post
FYI, i made another call to Citi Concierge few days ago, and this time, another agent told me the tent-style resort at Aman-i-khas is not eligible for 4th night based on what she could see in the room description and photos, but she would open a case for her supervisor to approve this for 4th night credit. Yesterday, they sent an email reply saying this has indeed be approved for 4th night credit, so i called back and booked the tent-style room with 4th night credit.

By the way, i was able to book amanbagh with 4th night credit in my first attempt since the room style is eligible.
I'm glad to hear that... hope you have a great time.. the Indian Amans look stunning... Still have to get there and Sri Lanka.....

FDW
Old Jan 12, 18, 12:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc View Post

Do the rates you booked at Aman-i-Khas / Amanbagh include daily laundry / transfers / food / one activity per stay & upgrade at Amanbagh? In December we booked 3-nights at each place directly through Aman and that is included in their packages. Not sure how much you eat, but if your rates do not include these, you may want to consider it (especially if you want a pool pavilion at Amanbagh!). Either way, we had a great time and hope you enjoy your trip.
Old Jan 12, 18, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by uclabruin82 View Post
Do the rates you booked at Aman-i-Khas / Amanbagh include daily laundry / transfers / food / one activity per stay & upgrade at Amanbagh? In December we booked 3-nights at each place directly through Aman and that is included in their packages. Not sure how much you eat, but if your rates do not include these, you may want to consider it (especially if you want a pool pavilion at Amanbagh!). Either way, we had a great time and hope you enjoy your trip.
We booked 5-night wild-escape package at aman-i-khas that includes all meals, safari, etc. It's the same price as "standard rate", so booking this rate is a no-brainer.

Same thing with Amanbagh, we booked a shanti package that includes breakfast, excursion, etc., and it's again the same price as standard rate, so it's a no-brainer too.

They told us transfer between two resorts is free. It's just airport transfer that costs extra.
Old Jan 14, 18, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, United Silver, Marriott Plat Prem.,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat
Stacking Ritz Club level upgrade with 4th night free

I've booked a 3 night stay already and attached club level cert to the room. But I got to thinking why not add a night and book with the Citi Prestige concierge. Basically it would be the same price. But, I'm wondering about attaching the club level upgrade cert to the room. Would the Citi concierge rep be able to pull that off? Or could I call back and attach it.

Ritz seems to make it so hard to use these and I wonder if they will attach to an existing reservation or have to make a new one which would obviously kill the 4th night free benefit.

Curious if anyones done this and how.
Old Jan 14, 18, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, United Silver, Marriott Plat Prem.,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat
Just realizing stupid question, have to use the Ritz card for upgrade. Was able to book the corporate rate, though, with Citi so that would often be a good way to go and just book club level. Most the time it's cheaper than regular rate and using upgrade cert, unfortunately not at the MDR property.

Search this Thread