Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by rdong002
I just made a 5 night booking through the Concierge for a hotel in London. Process was relatively easy as I walked her through exactly what I wanted and had the room type, rate etc... all online while I was talking her through it. She found everything I wanted and quoted me back the same exact room rate, taxes etc... that I had. I got an email confirming everything a couple of days later with everything we discussed including the total room cost.

However, the email also lists out the "4th Night Credit" which is not 1/5 of the room rate before taxes. I can't figure out how the 4th Night Credit was calculated. Is this common that they will include a placeholder until the bill is settled at the end of the stay (I did NOT book a pre-paid rate) or should I call to get this figured out. My stay isn't until next Summer.
Could it be the average of the first 4 nights before taxes? Anyhow, call to figure out would be best.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:44 pm

No, the 4th night credit rate is less than any other single night. Perhaps if the nightly rate includes VAT and they're taking out VAT for the 4th night credit. I'll call and find out.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Rumast21
Does anyone know if 4th night benefit would work at the US Grant hotel in San Diego with the breakfast and fourth night free package? How does this work when you pay the full price of the stay and the fourth night is credited upon check out?

DP: I stayed at the strings intercontinental in Tokyo and I received roughly 25% off the entire stay including taxes. Might have been due to being prepaid in a foreign currency.
If this package is showing up on the hotel website, then it should work fine with the new system. The new system is the "equivalent" of the 4th night minus taxes, therefore it's really just 25% off the first four nights, or in your case, the first 3 nights. The old system was the ACTUAL 4th night including taxes, and therefore you would have gotten nothing.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
If I get another CITI Prestige card for an authorized user, can a hotel booking get the 4th night credit for free under this authorized user's name? Or does the primary cardholder need to be the person whose name is on the booking?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Man, that's a good question ... I literally got off the phone with them five minutes ago, and the (very firendly and efficient) agent did make clear that the cardholder had to be staying on the reservation. Begs the question of who is "the cardholder." My sense, however, is that it's only with Amex that AUs are in any way independent cardholders. So my first guess would be that this might not work for you.

But -- the concierge folks are answering quickly and do seem knowledgeable, so you might as well give them a call and see what they say.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Only the primary cardmember is eligible for this benefit, and must be the traveler on the hotel reservation. A cardmember can book a stay on behalf of another individual, but that stay will not qualify for the Complimentary 4th Night benefit.
https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/fa...4th-Night-Stay
seawolf likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
This perk definitely takes a little extra time every time I book a hotel, but it has to be my favorite across all my cards.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:07 pm
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
Just used this benefit for the first time at the Pontchartrain Hotel in New Orleans. I'd found a very good (non-refundable) rate a few weeks ago of around $150 a night and called the Citi concierge. He was not able to get that rate but I weirdly was able to book the non-refundable rate online at the Citi/ThankYou travel portal and it granted me the 4th night free benefit. Wasn't expecting that. Excellent hotel stay.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by rdong002
No, the 4th night credit rate is less than any other single night. Perhaps if the nightly rate includes VAT and they're taking out VAT for the 4th night credit. I'll call and find out.
Did you get this resolved? My experience in London earlier this month was:
1) Booked through concierge. Was quoted a reasonable pre-tax credit.
2) No hold or tentative statement on my card. Hotel was post-paid.
3) Credit showed up within 2 weeks at the full (with VAT) rate.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
They have previously reimbursed the VAT for the past couple of months because hotels don't itemized VAT during booking. Recently they have decided to exclude VAT as per program terms of not including taxes.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Apologies if this has been asked in the past, but are Citi Prestige agents able to book Hilton Honors exclusive rates (i.e. the discount that Honors members are entitled to) given that you need to be logged into your Honors account to actually book these, as far as I know?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Apologies if this has been asked in the past, but are Citi Prestige agents able to book Hilton Honors exclusive rates (i.e. the discount that Honors members are entitled to) given that you need to be logged into your Honors account to actually book these, as far as I know?
For Hilton, I'm unsure. However, I did have a Prestige phone agent book a Marriott Rewards elite-only Marriott rate for me. The agent was having great trouble finding the specific room type I wanted to book in her system and, so, the agent called Marriott directly and when the agent fed Marriott my MR #, Marriott found the room and the lower, elite-only rate.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
They can, but will need to call it in.

It would be easier if you'll just explain it upfront to the agent so they can start with calling and not try and find a rate that they cannot see online.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:39 pm

Can I book a 4th night free booking using my name and add a second guest to the reservation and the second guest checks in without me present at checkin?

Last edited by uclacolumbiaunc; Nov 25, 2017 at 9:53 pm
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Can I book a 4th night free booking using my name and add a second guest to the reservation and the second guest checks in with me present at checkin?
Depends on hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.