Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sunshineonlieth
Curious if the stay counted for your Kimpton Karma?
Yep. I had to go through Concierge, who actually contacted the hotel to book. So the rate is qualifying.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:53 am

Has anyone used this benefit in conjunction with a travel agent?

I called up Citi Concierge and asked them is I could authorize a travel agent to make a 4th night free booking on my behalf. They said that theoretically it's possible, but it's not something that's common, and that I'd have to be careful not to alter the booking in any way that wasn't through their system. Altering the booking without a Citi Concierge would essentially cancel the 4th night free benefit.

Wondered if anyone had any experience with this?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
Has anyone used this benefit in conjunction with a travel agent?

I called up Citi Concierge and asked them is I could authorize a travel agent to make a 4th night free booking on my behalf. They said that theoretically it's possible, but it's not something that's common, and that I'd have to be careful not to alter the booking in any way that wasn't through their system. Altering the booking without a Citi Concierge would essentially cancel the 4th night free benefit.

Wondered if anyone had any experience with this?
What do you even mean by authorize a travel agent to make a 4th night free booking on your behalf?

If it means travel agent call/email Citi to make the booking, I don't see a problem if travel agent have your relevant information.

If it means travel agent make a booking and somehow you will get to use the 4th night benefit, I don't see how this would be possible.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:53 pm

sounds like an attempted double-dipping scheme, perhaps Virtuoso benefits combined with a 4th night free

i'd say the cleanest way to try to pull this off would be a standard Citi 4th booking, update Citi booking email address to your own email, make an additional Virtuoso booking, then cancel the Citi booking directly with hotel and hope the post-stay verification doesn't validate the confirmation number. maybe 50/50 chances.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:57 pm

Not really interested in double dipping... I just want the travel agent to take care of the planning for me. Virtuoso would be nice, but I’d rather have 4th night free.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Colin
sounds like an attempted double-dipping scheme, perhaps Virtuoso benefits combined with a 4th night free

i'd say the cleanest way to try to pull this off would be a standard Citi 4th booking, update Citi booking email address to your own email, make an additional Virtuoso booking, then cancel the Citi booking directly with hotel and hope the post-stay verification doesn't validate the confirmation number. maybe 50/50 chances.
This will not work. No commission triggered = no credit.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:20 am

you are mistaken
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:32 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
This will not work. No commission triggered = no credit.
This has been proven false due to 4th night benefit being available on non-commission rates such as corporate negotiated rates.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Zeromus-X
I used this a bunch of times prior to the changes. Saved a lot of money. Things have changed.

My first use in the past few months was at a Holiday Inn Express in California on 8/28 for four nights. I booked four nights online on 8/25, and the website said that my rate "with complimentary 4th night savings applied" was $536.30. Great, sounds good. Booked. Checked in, checked out, and received my hotel invoice which was for $564.19.

Day 1: $130.05 + $13.30 in fees
Day 2: $136.85 + $13.90 in fees
Day 3: $136.85 + $13.90 in fees
Day 4: $107.95 + $11.39 in fees

Previously, the hotel bill would show the full rate, which would be charged to my card, and then I'd get a credit for the 4th night. I understand they changed and now take an average of the four nights (which would work to my favor in this situation), and don't pay for taxes. So, my thinking is that I should have been charged $564.19, but then credited back $127.93 (the average of the four nights), for a total spend of $436.26.

$436.26 != $536.30, which is what was charged to my card on 8/26. I feel like I'm owed a hundred bucks but maybe am just not understanding the new system? Figured I'd check here first...
Originally Posted by seawolf
Sounds like the website is the problem. The underlying math is correct under current terms.
I'm also finding that the online portal overcharges by a lot vs. what the hotel website quotes, which wipes out any 4th night saving. Seems that calling in to book is still the better way to go.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:20 pm

I'm trying to combine the Ritz Carlton Tokyo's offer "4 night for price of 3 / Treat you" offer with Citi's 4th night free. Any ideas?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Payment card

Do you have to pay on Citi card to get 4th night free?

I read somewhere last year that this was not strictly enforced.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Do you have to pay on Citi card....
Scroll back to post 85 and read forward. Synopsis: you must pay with Prestige to be assured of reimbursement.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:58 pm
Original Member

It's not enforced until they decide to enforce it.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:41 am

I have had the 4th night reimbursed in the past when I accidentally forgot to use Citi. But I just considered myself lucky and wouldn't count on it happening every time.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dinkoh
I'm trying to combine the Ritz Carlton Tokyo's offer "4 night for price of 3 / Treat you" offer with Citi's 4th night free. Any ideas?
You will have to call Concierge. If you have a rate code for that offer, it will help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.