Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your Credit Home page, and find Available Credit at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says Request Increase to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:17 am

A few offers on my Sears card recently. First $100 credit after spending $1000 between 7/26 and 9/26. Then again same offer but for period of 10/6 to 12/4. Also, just received an offer for 10% credit on all travel expenses up to $60 per month for October through January.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
A few offers on my Sears card recently. First $100 credit after spending $1000 between 7/26 and 9/26. Then again same offer but for period of 10/6 to 12/4. Also, just received an offer for 10% credit on all travel expenses up to $60 per month for October through January.
Got the same offers as this. Was really hoping for grocery/restaurant/gas with the oct through Jan offer though. 2400 on travel is a bit much. My plan is to do 600 airline gift card in oct and 400 in November and knock out 2 birds with one stone.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Champy
Got the same offers as this. Was really hoping for grocery/restaurant/gas with the oct through Jan offer though. 2400 on travel is a bit much. My plan is to do 600 airline gift card in oct and 400 in November and knock out 2 birds with one stone.
Received a very nice offer this weekend. 20% credit for gas, groceries, and restaurants from 10/1 through 12/31. Maximum $150 credit per month.
355F1 and akr1970akr like this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I got the TYP version of the offer today, 20x bonus TYPs for $800 to $1000 10/1/19 to 12/31/19 (27 days late but enough time to do Oct)

Best TYP card!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:46 am

My TYP offer - Spend over $200 ($300 limit) each month Oct-Dec. Earn an extra 5x TYP (6 total) at Gas, Grocery, & Restaurants. Pretty much an easy 4500 extra TY points.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:02 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Ive had this card for over 20 years.

they are SURE making it extremely valuable this past year with all of these bonus offers!!!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:14 am

Does anyone know of a successful conversion to the TU pts for the "Shop Your Way" Citi MC? Got in June and the 6+ times I've called, they've said not possible.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by lochquel
Does anyone know of a successful conversion to the TU pts for the "Shop Your Way" Citi MC? Got in June and the 6+ times I've called, they've said not possible.
I called in and it was done in one single phone call. This was early in the year.

Where are you calling? Try calling the TYP desk.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:42 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I called in and it was done in one single phone call. .
How long had your card account been open when you called?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by lochquel
Ask for a US supervisor
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by mia
How long had your card account been open when you called?

Hmmm. Maybe a few weeks?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:56 pm

Is the card no longer available for new app? I only see application for Sears store card and SYW Mastercard.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:50 pm

I just received a mailed invitation to switch my Sears MC to TYP. However, I have been receiving many great offers on my card as is and all of them were for a cash credit instead of TYPs. I believe I will leave it the way it is rather than messing up the offers.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
I just received a mailed invitation to switch my Sears MC to TYP. However, I have been receiving many great offers on my card as is and all of them were for a cash credit instead of TYPs. I believe I will leave it the way it is rather than messing up the offers.
I am also wondering about this. I often get 10% cash back offers on online spending or groceries, dining, gas. I was just offered to convert my card to TYP. The welcome offer is 30,000 points on $3,000. Have others recently converted? Do the offers keep coming, and are they always in the form of TYP after converting?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by schuaa
I am also wondering about this. I often get 10% cash back offers on online spending or groceries, dining, gas. I was just offered to convert my card to TYP. The welcome offer is 30,000 points on $3,000. Have others recently converted? Do the offers keep coming, and are they always in the form of TYP after converting?
that is pretty cool to get an offer to CONVERT to TYP earning. i didn't get anything when I switched

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.