Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your Credit Home page, and find Available Credit at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says Request Increase to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Old Nov 25, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Singapore Airlines Kris Gold
The former.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by jags86
I have to say Im at a bit of a loss. It seems my wifes card has stopped working. She gets the same targeted offers I get, we activate at the same time, we make the same purchases, but I am getting the statement credits and she isnt. This issue started around the time she received new cards with new numbers, unprompted by us. My card still has its original numbers. Has anyone else run into this problem?
So you have 2 separate citi accounts with 2 authorized users on both or 1 account with 2 users with diff numbers that are getting separate offers? Im trying to figure out how this relates to my situation as ive got 1 card with 2 users and they just sent 2 new cards both with separate numbers.. offer emails kept flowing as usual and show my card numbers last 4.... Do your offer emails correlate to the l4 correctly? How long have you had the new card numbers.. which card exactly do you have? (you mentioned statement credits)
Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by profitone
So you have 2 separate citi accounts with 2 authorized users on both or 1 account with 2 users with diff numbers that are getting separate offers? Im trying to figure out how this relates to my situation as ive got 1 card with 2 users and they just sent 2 new cards both with separate numbers.. offer emails kept flowing as usual and show my card numbers last 4.... Do your offer emails correlate to the l4 correctly? How long have you had the new card numbers.. which card exactly do you have? (you mentioned statement credits)
I am primary on SYW1. Both primary and AU have same card numbers
DW is primary on SYW2. Primary and AU have different card numbers.

We only use the primary card for both accounts.

to prior poster who asked if I called, no I didnt. The reason I didnt is twofold:

1) its my wifes account that doesnt work but she wont play the game/call, etc. I cant reasonably call and pretend to be her.
2) all of my purchases are through the Curve card so they would undoubtedly blame that as the reason.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 5:38 pm

Can anyone confirm whether eBay purchases qualify as an online spend? I see that eBay seller fees count, but haven't seen anyone report that actual purchases qualify.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by mistermalibu
I've finally applied for Citi Premier and had max out this year's point sharing quota of 100k TYP. Are there other ways I can transfer TYP? Despite my lil mortgage payment maneuver and 100k point sharing, I still have 260k just sitting there...
Would appreciate guidance on this. I'm earning faster than I can spend/transfer out LOL

How to move Sears TYP to regular Citi TYP after max out 100k/yr point sharing?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:33 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mistermalibu

How to move Sears TYP to regular Citi TYP after max out 100k/yr point sharing?
Is it not possible to merge the Sears TY account with the Premier TY account?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Beechy
I received my new Sears Thank you cards for myself and P2. I did call today about the missing TYP info on the website and they said they put in a ticket to get this fixed. Sounds like it is a common problem/bug that went in with the updates. As a side note I did see that I now have some of my points with expiration dates for 2025 & 2026. Need to plan to get another Citi card that will offer me some better transfer options.
Did you get your "missing TYP infor" problem solved? I got the new card with different account number and is missing TYP info too before activating the new card. I am wondering shall i go ahead and activate the new card?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:52 am

Does anyone use their SYW card with the Curve card to trigger online spend? I have noticed that it has stopped working in the last 2 weeks. Curious if anyone has gotten paid an online spend bonus since the 11/15-12/14 offers went out.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 2:04 pm

Was hoping to double-dip with the restaurants/online, but not sure if it'll take a few more days or not. Did $1,100 of gift cards (3 different restaurants) online (but they use Shopify or something for the processing). I did get the $80 statement credit for restaurants. 2 of the 3 merchants show (both on the SYW Mastercard site where you pay your bill, etc. and the Shop Your Way site where you redeem your points) as: Merchant Category: Eating place, restaurant, even though the NAME on the charge is say: ACME Online.
May wait a few more days to see if the SYW points shows up, or chat with a rep to see about the "online" category.

Either that or see if my online taxes will count (official payments?)
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by mia
Is it not possible to merge the Sears TY account with the Premier TY account?
Let me give TYP a call. The online portal doesn't show "combine accounts" where it should...
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:50 pm

Does anyone use their SYW card with the Curve card to trigger online spend? I have noticed that it has stopped working in the last 2 weeks. Curious if anyone has gotten paid an online spend bonus since the 11/15-12/14 offers went out.
Any luck? I had to wait 7 days for the online spend credit to post this time, when I've never been above 5 days before and was getting worried. I don't use curve or had any recent changes to my card tho.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by libralibra
Any luck? I had to wait 7 days for the online spend credit to post this time, when I've never been above 5 days before and was getting worried. I don't use curve or had any recent changes to my card tho.
Yes, so I think I have cracked the code. Somewhere along the line Citi stopped counting certain purchases I do as qualifying online spend towards the promotion. For example, despite the T&C saying things like "insurance payments" and "professional services" did not count towards the online spend promotion, they historically did for me if I made them through Curve. In fact, all spend through Curve always counted towards online spend component up until about 45 days ago. Either Curve has changed how these transactions are passing through or Citi has gotten better at enforcing its T&Cs.

Last edited by jags86; Dec 8, 2023 at 2:08 pm
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:53 pm

Does anyone know if T-mobile wireless payment is counted for utilities? I got 10% back in statement credits for utilities purchases of $450.
I know that both Xfinity mobile and Xfinity internet do count.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:56 pm

Yes, so I think I have cracked the code. Somewhere along the line Citi stopped counting certain purchases I do as qualifying online spend towards the promotion. For example, despite the T&C saying things like "insurance payments" and "professional services" did not count towards the online spend promotion, they historically did for me if I made them through Curve. In fact, all spend through Curve always counted towards online spend component up until about 45 days ago. Either Curve has changed how these transactions are passing through or Citi has gotten better at enforcing its T&Cs.
that's good news. imo this card is taking too much mental energy for me. I thought I'd just put everything on this card and not have to deal with swapping cards anymore, but I'm constantly checking when I will meet the min thresholds. Hopefully I'll work out a routine soon and then not have to think about it so much. For GGR I'm set. For Online, I'm changing every month so it's a headache.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by nilknarf
Can anyone confirm whether eBay purchases qualify as an online spend? I see that eBay seller fees count, but haven't seen anyone report that actual purchases qualify.
Came back to answer my own question. I can confirm that eBay purchases do qualify for online spend. Also, Chipotle ordered through the app qualified.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.