FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1856309-citi-sears-cards-2014-2023-a.html)

355F1 Jun 30, 2019 1:35 pm

Wow...

Just got a 15x TY Points offer for $750 spend on any TRAVEL—hotels, airfare, and more!

Definitely taking advantage of this!!!

3sgtekb Jul 2, 2019 12:20 am

Anyone have tips on how to get targeted for these spending offers? I’ve had the card 8 months now and it already is set to earn thankyou points.

yugi Jul 2, 2019 8:49 am

Originally Posted by 3sgtekb (Post 31260595)
Anyone have tips on how to get targeted for these spending offers? I’ve had the card 8 months now and it already is set to earn thankyou points.

You need to wait another few months.

3sgtekb Jul 2, 2019 10:10 am

Originally Posted by yugi (Post 31261651)
You need to wait another few months.

OK great, thanks. I don't suppose putting more spend on it would help?

355F1 Jul 2, 2019 11:26 am

Originally Posted by 3sgtekb (Post 31262009)
OK great, thanks. I don't suppose putting more spend on it would help?

I have had my card for 20 years and never put any spend on it except maybe $5 every year or so just to keep it active.

They seem to have gotten very aggressive with these offers since the beginning of 2019, perhaps to entice spend because Sears itself is slowly killing itself.

I will keep using the offers to accumulate points, though!

AlexTheMan Jul 2, 2019 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1 (Post 31262333)
I have had my card for 20 years and never put any spend on it except maybe $5 every year or so just to keep it active.

Same here. Offers started 3 years ago for me. However, my card has not been switched to Thank You points. All the offers I receive are statement credits. I am currently working on an offer for spending $1000 (any category) between 6/1/19 and 7/31/19, to receive $100 statement credit.

rog92 Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am

Fulfilling two offers at the same time?

Hi! Does anyone know if I can trigger two offers at the same time?

I have those concurrent offers: 1) spend 1000 on travel and get 15000 points, 2) spend 1000 on anything and get 10000 points

So if I spend 1000 on travel (which technically also fulfills the second offer), would I receive 25000 points as a results? Thanks!

AlexTheMan Jul 29, 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by rog92 (Post 31354874)
Hi! Does anyone know if I can trigger two offers at the same time?

I have those concurrent offers: 1) spend 1000 on travel and get 15000 points, 2) spend 1000 on anything and get 10000 points

So if I spend 1000 on travel (which technically also fulfills the second offer), would I receive 25000 points as a results? Thanks!

Positive. Based on my experience with the card, bonuses for concurrent offers with same spending worked OK. However, last concurrent offers I had were about a year ago so YMMV

rog92 Aug 5, 2019 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan (Post 31355382)
Positive. Based on my experience with the card, bonuses for concurrent offers with same spending worked OK. However, last concurrent offers I had were about a year ago so YMMV

Thanks!

yugi Aug 27, 2019 2:41 pm

I've got another offer after few months break today. Get 10k after spending $1k anywhere. Strange that it came towards the end of the month.

luv2vacay Aug 28, 2019 8:21 am

I got an email offer again today for
" $100 statement credit when you activate this offer and make eligible purchases totaling $1,000 or more with your Shop Your Way Mastercard® between 8/27/2019 - 10/25/2019 "

Basically 10% cash back. Nice.

Renard Sep 1, 2019 11:04 am

I've had this card for years. Getting the cash back offers which is awesome. I'm interested in the option of earning TYP with this card. I have no interest at all in SYWP. What is the general wisdom on this? Keep the cash back and use only with offers? Convert to TYP and use with offers? I can't imagine really using this too much unless there is an offer since I have the CSR and earning UR is better for me than TYP when all else is equal. Can you just call and request to change to TYP (and not SYWP)?

wanaflyforless Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Renard (Post 31479656)
I've had this card for years. Getting the cash back offers which is awesome. I'm interested in the option of earning TYP with this card. I have no interest at all in SYWP. What is the general wisdom on this? Keep the cash back and use only with offers? Convert to TYP and use with offers? I can't imagine really using this too much unless there is an offer since I have the CSR and earning UR is better for me than TYP when all else is equal. Can you just call and request to change to TYP (and not SYWP)?

Yes, that works.

royallyflushed Sep 24, 2019 8:14 pm

So I noticed one of these offers last month for the first time (probably got many before but deleted :() in my Gmail Promotions tab:

"Activate this offer now to earn 15% back in statement credits** on eligible purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants for total eligible purchases of $500 or more made each month 7/1/2019 - 9/30/2019 up to a total of a $100 statement credit each month."

I might have done something really stupid but hopefully I can at least provide a few DP's. Because it was already 8/20 or so when I noticed the offer and there was no way to meet minimum spend organically, I went to a grocery store and bought VGC. The card portal is crap. Pending transactions don't show and there's no way to see if my spend qualified for the offer (or that I was even successfully enrolled), so I called customer service.

CSR was nice and confirmed I was enrolled in the offer. I asked her if the purchase counted since sometimes stores aren't coded correctly. She said she wasn't sure and that it's determined by some back office "eligibility team." Then she noticed I wasn't enrolled in any rewards and asked if I was interested. Without really thinking about it I said sure... She asked SYW or TY? I of course replied TY since I haven't shopped at Sears since who knows when. Only after she read me all the disclosures did it occur to me that adding TY rewards to my card might void the 15% statement credit offer. So I hurriedly ask her if I'm still good to go on the offer and she said yes. I sure hope she's right because if she isn't, I won't know until next statement at the earliest and I would've been earning 0-1 TYP per $ lol.

So a week or two passes and I get a new "Sears TY" card in the mail. Was thinking to myself well ...., there goes my offer. But the card #, exp, even cvv are all the same. So maybe I'm still good. Anyway, I'll report back whether I receive the statement credit or not.

Now I've received a new offer:

"ACTIVATE NOW THROUGH 9/30/19 AND ENJOY: 18 MONTHS SPECIAL FINANCING + 5% BACK AS A STATEMENT CREDIT** (UP TO A TOTAL MAXIMUM OF $50 FOR THE ELIGIBLE SPECIAL FINANCING PURCHASES) ON SINGLE ELIGIBLE PURCHASES OF $549 OR MORE MADE OUTSIDE OF SEARS FROM THE DATE YOU ACTIVATE THROUGH 1/31/20"

No category restrictions. For this I'm thinking about just making a purchase on GCM and calling it a day, lol. Anyone done this before for one of these offers and received credit?

BTW, I had this card sock-drawered for at least 2 years, and it was never cancelled. I can't even remember how I got it. I think it might have been an auto-PC from an old Sears store card I had because I never applied for this one. When I found it in the drawer it wasn't even activated. So yes I got an offer when the card wasn't even activated.

Sorry this post is so all over the place. I hope it helps somebody.

luv2vacay Sep 25, 2019 7:57 am

Originally Posted by royallyflushed (Post 31560546)
So I noticed one of these offers last month for the first time (probably got many before but deleted :() in my Gmail Promotions tab:

"Activate this offer now to earn 15% back in statement credits** on eligible purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants for total eligible purchases of $500 or more made each month 7/1/2019 - 9/30/2019 up to a total of a $100 statement credit each month."

I might have done something really stupid but hopefully I can at least provide a few DP's. Because it was already 8/20 or so when I noticed the offer and there was no way to meet minimum spend organically, I went to a grocery store and bought VGC. The card portal is crap. Pending transactions don't show and there's no way to see if my spend qualified for the offer (or that I was even successfully enrolled), so I called customer service.

CSR was nice and confirmed I was enrolled in the offer. I asked her if the purchase counted since sometimes stores aren't coded correctly. She said she wasn't sure and that it's determined by some back office "eligibility team." Then she noticed I wasn't enrolled in any rewards and asked if I was interested. Without really thinking about it I said sure... She asked SYW or TY? I of course replied TY since I haven't shopped at Sears since who knows when. Only after she read me all the disclosures did it occur to me that adding TY rewards to my card might void the 15% statement credit offer. So I hurriedly ask her if I'm still good to go on the offer and she said yes. I sure hope she's right because if she isn't, I won't know until next statement at the earliest and I would've been earning 0-1 TYP per $ lol.

So a week or two passes and I get a new "Sears TY" card in the mail. Was thinking to myself well ...., there goes my offer. But the card #, exp, even cvv are all the same. So maybe I'm still good. Anyway, I'll report back whether I receive the statement credit or not.

Now I've received a new offer:

"ACTIVATE NOW THROUGH 9/30/19 AND ENJOY: 18 MONTHS SPECIAL FINANCING + 5% BACK AS A STATEMENT CREDIT** (UP TO A TOTAL MAXIMUM OF $50 FOR THE ELIGIBLE SPECIAL FINANCING PURCHASES) ON SINGLE ELIGIBLE PURCHASES OF $549 OR MORE MADE OUTSIDE OF SEARS FROM THE DATE YOU ACTIVATE THROUGH 1/31/20"

No category restrictions. For this I'm thinking about just making a purchase on GCM and calling it a day, lol. Anyone done this before for one of these offers and received credit?

BTW, I had this card sock-drawered for at least 2 years, and it was never cancelled. I can't even remember how I got it. I think it might have been an auto-PC from an old Sears store card I had because I never applied for this one. When I found it in the drawer it wasn't even activated. So yes I got an offer when the card wasn't even activated.

Sorry this post is so all over the place. I hope it helps somebody.

I've not had *that specific* offer, but I think they had one with 5% statement credit on non-sears purchases. I bought a bunch of Carnival Gift cards for my cruise and I did get the credit, among some other things. I know I've bought GC at raise.com, but I don't recall using that card for GCM.