Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mhdena
Got another TYP offer today!
10X bonus TYPs at Gas, Grocery and Restaurants
$2000 or more made each month 7/01/18 - 09/30/18 up to a total of 30,000 bonus points each month!!

I don't know what you get with SYW but I'm glad I'm onto the TYP gravy train!
I converted my card to TYP after first charge, and it was a mistake, because the promo 5-3-2-1 doesn't apply to TYP, but only to SYWR. I've got $150 cashback after spending $1500, though. For new users I'd suggest spending $1500 in order to get $150 cashback and $75 in SYWR (if you spend your MSR at gas stations), and then converting the card to TYP. They sent me a new card with different design, which mentions TYP on the back, after converting. The card number, expiration date and CVV stayed the same.
I have not got any TYP offers yet. I was reading Miles to Memories blog, and some users told me that the offers started coming after about 1 year.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:42 pm

My offer is a little different. It's 10% cash back on groceries, gas, and restaurants with a minimum spending of $800 and maximum spending of $2500, per month. So that's $80 to $250 cash back per month, from 7/1/18 to 9/30/18. My card is NOT TYP. I had the card for 14 years and the offers started about 2 years ago or a little longer. Credits are applied as a statement credit to my account. I love the offers and I don't want to change the card to TYP as the offers may stop!!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
$2000 or more made each month 7/01/18 - 09/30/18 up to a total of 30,000 bonus points each month!!

I'm 2/3rds of the way through the above offer and another 10X TYP offer arrived today, spend $700 - $1000 on travel 8/1 to 9/30. Get 7K to 10K TYPs.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I'm 2/3rds of the way through the above offer and another 10X TYP offer arrived today, spend $700 - $1000 on travel 8/1 to 9/30. Get 7K to 10K TYPs.
Holy c***! I really need to pick this up...
Tips on getting targetted?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by moe8555
Holy c***! I really need to pick this up...
Tips on getting targetted?
Do you have the Sears MC?

I posted this back a couple of page back,

"I switched my earnings to TYPs in early 2017,
the first offer (April -May 2017) was for 100 bonus TYPs per $1 up to 2500 TYPs.
Oct-Dec 2017 was 10X on $300 -$900 up to 9000 TYPs per month.
March-April 2018 $500 = 5000 bonus TYPs
April - June 2018 10X on $500-$1500 up to 15000 TYPs per month.

After June I'll have earned 79.5K TYPs
I have a Citi Premier and this Sears MC is the Best TYP card I have."

Add in the current 30K per month x3 offer .
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Do you have the Sears MC?

I posted this back a couple of page back,

"I switched my earnings to TYPs in early 2017,
the first offer (April -May 2017) was for 100 bonus TYPs per $1 up to 2500 TYPs.
Oct-Dec 2017 was 10X on $300 -$900 up to 9000 TYPs per month.
March-April 2018 $500 = 5000 bonus TYPs
April - June 2018 10X on $500-$1500 up to 15000 TYPs per month.

After June I'll have earned 79.5K TYPs
I have a Citi Premier and this Sears MC is the Best TYP card I have."

Add in the current 30K per month x3 offer .
I do not have the card. Do standard Citi application guidelines apply 1/8 2/65 etc.?
I also have the Premier and make good use of it.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Citi Sears Mastercard Questions

For those rare people who have a Citi Sears Mastercard....

a) are you able to manage the card from a normal Citibank / Citicards login ? or does it have its own Citi Retail Card Services log in? Or even worse, is from DNSB?
b) how bad is the customer service? can one get CitiCards help? or use a chat function?

If Sears goes into Chap 11 this wknd, and gets liquidated (as creditors are pushing for), there may be no more opportunities to get this odd ball card.

Citi asserted to investors again this morning that they will be very aggressive in retaining these Sears card customers, and I have envied the TYP offers I hear people get for ongoing spend on this
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
For those rare people who have a Citi Sears Mastercard....

a) are you able to manage the card from a normal Citibank / Citicards login ? or does it have its own Citi Retail Card Services log in? Or even worse, is from DNSB?
b) how bad is the customer service? can one get CitiCards help? or use a chat function?

If Sears goes into Chap 11 this wknd, and gets liquidated (as creditors are pushing for), there may be no more opportunities to get this odd ball card.

Citi asserted to investors again this morning that they will be very aggressive in retaining these Sears card customers, and I have envied the TYP offers I hear people get for ongoing spend on this
a) It has its own login, Citi Retail Card Services.
b) Customer service has always been fine; same as other Citi cards as far as I know.

I will miss this card if it goes away. Last year I got the 10x TYP on up to $4500 each month for 3 months. Earned way more on this than I have on my Premier, including the 60,000 bonus.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:28 pm

Got the same 3rd quarter 10X offer this week for Oct, Nov, Dec. up to 30K TYPs per month.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:03 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
With today's bankruptcy announcement, is there Any way to convert a Sears Citi Card to another type?

This is my 2nd oldest account (20yrs) and would prefer to leave it on my credit profile even though it sits in my sock drawer 364 days a year.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by 355F1
With today's bankruptcy announcement, is there Any way to convert a Sears Citi Card to another type?

This is my 2nd oldest account (20yrs) and would prefer to leave it on my credit profile even though it sits in my sock drawer 364 days a year.
Sears Card is not your typical Citi card, like the Costco Anywhere. So conversion ability will be limited.

Having that in mind - you should wait and see the outcome of Sears' bankruptcy. AFAICT, Citi is not affected by this yet. So it is not yet a moment to be panic.
355F1 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:48 pm

How to max out a grocery spending category

So I own one of the highly coveted sears mastercard that earns me 10x the thank you points on gas groceries and restaurant categories every so often. My problem is that I usually have to spend at least 800 a month to get the bonus and even with a family of 4 and 2 drivers I find it tough to reach that. My question is does anyone know of any grocery stores that sell 3rd party gift cards that I can purchase with a credit card? My local shoprite and stop and shop won’t let me. Im in ny btw
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @Champy.

Please follow the redirect as we relocate your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by garykung
Sears Card is not your typical Citi card, like the Costco Anywhere. So conversion ability will be limited.
To add to Gary in his response to 355F1, (YMMV,) but from talking to reps and the experiences of others in this thread & on various blogs, you can only convert your card amongst Sears card products that Citi manages. The brand-managed division is different than the regular Citi division, and this blocks conversions with regular citi cards of any sort. The active cards in the Sears card arena that you can convert amongst is (by my understanding) - the Sears store (only) card, the Sears Platinum Mastercard, the Sears SYW Mastercard, and the Sears TY Mastercard. If you look at the sears website, you'll see graphics for 3 of the 4 cards. The credit card frontpage shows the black SYW card, the little credit card bit at the very bottom shows a graphic for 2 cards - the black SYW card is on top, and underneath is the grey Sears Platinum mastercard, and lastly, if you click apply, it will show you the blue Sears store card. The Platinum card is just a basic credit card - I don't know of a way to apply for it directly, I actually ended up with it by having my sears store card converted. As others have indicated, you probably can PC to the TY card - but not from the Sears store-only card based on what I've been told by a rep.

Edit - If you have the Sears Platinum card, it appears like you may be able to enroll in either one from their website. Top right - I Want To - drop down has options for both the Thank You program and the SYW program to enroll for me. I have no idea if it will trigger a new card or not - this is interesting. There also appears to be 2 different Sears TY cards in reviewing the linked T&C for the programs - one that just earns 1 TY point everywhere, and one (Select) that earns 1 TY point everywhere and 2 TY points at Sears, Kmart, supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations. Does anyone reading this have the Select, was product changed to it, or know anything about it?

No idea on how it would count against anything. I suppose I should call to ask, I've been wanting to convert it to a TY card, but never got around to doing so.

I suspect Citi is prepared for a Sears failure. They probably wouldn't hand over $400ish million to keep the business without some protection clauses, especially when Sears decline and bankruptcy has all but been guaranteed for far longer than this most recent renegotiation's timeline. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if the recent card conversion they did to turn the regular sears store cards into mastercards was them taking advance action to help reduce a large backlog of conversion work happening in the event of a bankruptcy terminating the contract in some way.
akr1970akr likes this.

Last edited by brajalle; Oct 16, 2018 at 5:36 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:09 pm

Got the same 3rd quarter 10X offer this week for Oct, Nov, Dec. up to 30K TYPs per month.
I received the same 3rd quarter offer for my SSYW card. It was 10x cash back (statement credit) up to $250 credit per month. Did not receive the offer for 4th quarter though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.