Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Has anyone had their SUB post for this card? The statement credit offers post almost immediately after hitting spend but I was supposed to get $40 after spending $50 on a SUB that never came from back in November and my wife signed up for the $225 for $1500 and it’s been about 3 weeks and nothing yet.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:09 am

A quick question. I got an email for Shop Your Way Mastercard promotion. The terms is below:
"Earn a $75 statement credit for every $500 spent, up to $225, on eligible purchases* made wherever Mastercard® is accepted in the first 90 days after you are approved for a new Shop Your Way Mastercard®++. Valid on new accounts opened 5/8/22 - 1/28/23."
I checked sears website (https://www.sears.com/en_us/hybrid/c...apply-now.html). It looks a normal signup bonus. Is this card worth a 5/24 slot? Can this card be converted to Citi Sears (Thankyou points) card? Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:28 pm

2022 - options...

Presume there is a path to still get the Sears card? Always seeing promotions of interest....is this card worth adding to the quiver?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Presume there is a path to still get the Sears card? Always seeing promotions of interest....is this card worth adding to the quiver?
You can’t get the ThankYou version anymore, but you can can still get the Shop Your Way version. Points can be redeemed at Sears/Kmart or for various gift cards from Raise via the SYW portal. I’ve been redeeming for Walmart GCs for a while now.

You can sign up here, there’s currently an excellent $225 sign up bonus offer going on: https://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/19375/l/card

The main draw of this card is all of the crazy 5-20x bonus offers that they give you. The offers usually post as statement credits, but I’ve been getting a few for bonus SYW points as well recently. These offers stack if you have more than one at a time, and they also stack with the regular 5x/3x/2x categories.

Only thing is I’ve seen some people say they signed up and haven’t got any offers for a couple months. When I signed up I did the $40 sign up bonus then stopped using it for a while. Then after like 8 months they started sending me a bunch of offers for various categories and they haven’t stopped since.

Edit: More info on the $225 offer from DoC https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...th-1500-spend/
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by bulletin2007
A quick question. I got an email for Shop Your Way Mastercard promotion. The terms is below:
"Earn a $75 statement credit for every $500 spent, up to $225, on eligible purchases* made wherever Mastercard® is accepted in the first 90 days after you are approved for a new Shop Your Way Mastercard®++. Valid on new accounts opened 5/8/22 - 1/28/23."
I checked sears website (https://www.sears.com/en_us/hybrid/c...apply-now.html). It looks a normal signup bonus. Is this card worth a 5/24 slot? Can this card be converted to Citi Sears (Thankyou points) card? Thanks!
AND - do vgc count?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by yepperoni
You can’t get the ThankYou version anymore, but you can can still get the Shop Your Way version. Points can be redeemed at Sears/Kmart or for various gift cards from Raise via the SYW portal. I’ve been redeeming for Walmart GCs for a while now.

You can sign up here, there’s currently an excellent $225 sign up bonus offer going on: https://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/19375/l/card

The main draw of this card is all of the crazy 5-20x bonus offers that they give you. The offers usually post as statement credits, but I’ve been getting a few for bonus SYW points as well recently. These offers stack if you have more than one at a time, and they also stack with the regular 5x/3x/2x categories.

Only thing is I’ve seen some people say they signed up and haven’t got any offers for a couple months. When I signed up I did the $40 sign up bonus then stopped using it for a while. Then after like 8 months they started sending me a bunch of offers for various categories and they haven’t stopped since.

Edit: More info on the $225 offer from DoC https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...th-1500-spend/
Thank you...great summary.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
I just received 10% back gas, groceries, restaurants, up to $1500 spend a month, July-September. $450 max cashback.

Hope the $50 for $1000 spend offers continue every month as well. Those don’t show up until the 15th usually.
stookesthat likes this.

Last edited by jags86; Jun 30, 2022 at 1:25 pm
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:18 pm

I got 15x GGR, up to $600 per month Jul-Sep
jags86 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:01 am

I also received GGR - 10x, July-Sept, $1000 min spend, max of $1500 (15k points bonus).

Just curious, anyone have a data point on how Kroger Boost's online grocery purchase/delivery codes when ordering groceries?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:57 pm

New today is a 2nd offer - 20x on Home Improvement. Max of 25k points ($1,250 spend), must spend more than $1k. Between 7/1 and 8/31. This is NOT a monthly thing, it's the entire time period.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Singapore Airlines Kris Gold
Originally Posted by brajalle
New today is a 2nd offer - 20x on Home Improvement. Max of 25k points ($1,250 spend), must spend more than $1k. Between 7/1 and 8/31. This is NOT a monthly thing, it's the entire time period.
Any brilliant idea maximizing this offer short of renovating my kitchen or replacing washer and dryer?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
How is this card still going? There are like 3 Kmarts left in the domestic United States and less than 30 Sears left in the domestic United States. When you go into these few still open stores they no longer push the credit card and the last Sears I went to didn't even have any applications.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by storewanderer
How is this card still going?....
Many brands outlive their original owners. Citi securitizes cards, and they make money on the process of bundling, selling, and managing the revolving credit lines.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:19 am

You should be able to buy visa gift cards at Lowes if you can use the $$ for general spending
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by mia
Many brands outlive their original owners. Citi securitizes cards, and they make money on the process of bundling, selling, and managing the revolving credit lines.
I think it is great... I just find it so odd.

Unless many people who actively charged up this card when Sears still had a lot of stores, are still paying down balances and this is to keep them engaged. It has to be a strategic move by Citi to keep this going.

Also thinking without this card, the entire Shop Your Way thing would be a dead program at this point so maybe from Sears point of view (since Shop Your Way is something they still own and operate) they are looking at this as a reason to keep it going.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.