Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:13 pm

My 6 months of 10x on Utilities up to $500/mo just ended (got it twice for 3 months each).
I still have a $600/mo max 15x grocery/restaurant/fuel until end of March.

Got a new - 15x on Online purchases for 3 months, min spend $700/mo, ($800/max or 12,000 points).
Also got the 0% interest up to 18 months on $549+ outside of sears, thru the end of the year. Hilarious to me that this works on large gift card purchases at the grocery store or such.

Card is ridiculously lucrative. Need to open another a 2nd Rewards+ card or something.
355F1 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
My statement closed yesterday, and according to it I received points, but they were not transferred to my TY account for some reason.
Same here, had a little over 22K points earned last month thru various spending offers (shown on my 1/30/22 statement) but it hasn't shown up yet on my TYP account as well. This is the first time that this has happened to me.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by 355F1
Amazing new offer I’ve never gotten before!

I've got the same offer, but with 15x up to 12k points.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by EZjace
Same here, had a little over 22K points earned last month thru various spending offers (shown on my 1/30/22 statement) but it hasn't shown up yet on my TYP account as well. This is the first time that this has happened to me.
My points posted on 1/31, which is later than usual.
EZjace likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by yepperoni
From what I’ve experienced, I think as long as the transaction codes as “Card Not Present” it will count as an “Online” purchase. I made a post a couple months ago about this. Some stuff that might seem to be obviously “Online” actually aren’t because they’re not CNP.
Actually I just checked my Rewards+ card and Citi seems to have removed the Purchase Method line in the transaction details. Makes it a bit harder to tell what was "online" or not now. Must have been a recent change as I got the last online offer a few months ago and it was there...
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
I just had a spend $1000 get $50 statement credit 1/15 - 2/14, and now I just received a new offer, spend $1000 get $50 statement credit 2/15-3/14.

This card is new, received in November 2021. I have received the first $50 credit, but never received the $40 statement credit bonus (for spending $50 in first 30 days).

Does anyone know how to link your Shop Your Way account to your points? I clicked from the card website to the Shop Your Way portal, signed up for a Shop Your Way account, and was given a different SYW # than what is linked to the card.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:22 pm

So I got an offer today for 150k SYWP (worth about $150) for $2000 spend from 2/15 to 3/14. This is SWYP, not statement credits like the usual offers. Hope this doesn't become a trend because I don't think redeeming points for GC is as good of a value unless they start to give discounts or something.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by jags86
Does anyone know how to link your Shop Your Way account to your points? I clicked from the card website to the Shop Your Way portal, signed up for a Shop Your Way account, and was given a different SYW # than what is linked to the card.
I had a similar issue and searched online.

This worked for me -- "If you have more than one account and you wish to combine your points into one account, please email the Member Care Center at [email protected]. This is the only location with the ability to merge accounts."

I had to contact by email the Member Care Center at [email protected] to request correction to the shop your way member #. None of the customer service associates on phone could get this resolved.

Last edited by mia; Feb 16, 2022 at 7:55 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:13 am

Sorry if this was discussed earlier. Does buying Home Depot gift card on HomeDepot.com count as Online purchase? Wiki states that HomeDepot.com counts as online, but when I try to buy gift cards, it redirects to homedepot.cashstar.com, that's why asking this question. Your response is appreciated.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:42 pm

The Wikipost on the top said Utility payments (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER) count as online purchase. Can anyone confirm that from recent experience as I called sears card, an agent said it doesn't. But I doubt she really knows from the conversation.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by plforbridge
The Wikipost on the top said Utility payments (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER) count as online purchase. Can anyone confirm that from recent experience as I called sears card, an agent said it doesn't. But I doubt she really knows from the conversation.
If you're referring to the latest 15x TYP Online Offer you'll see what is not included on the back of the offer sheet, paragraph two.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:56 am

Thank you and good point. it did say that "Eligible online purchases do not include the following types of purchases in the following categories: subscription, membership or recurring purchases; utilities, cable/satellite and telephone;" which is consist with what agent told me. Maybe Wiki is out of the date for this category counting as online purchase?
hurnik and TyrannicalDuncery like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:17 pm

Dp on latest online offer… filling up at bp gas station with mobile app did not count as online spending according to the spending tracker e mail
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:49 pm

Hmm.. paying my utility counted as an online purchase.

TYPE
sale

POST DATE
03/07/2022

MERCHANT CATEGORY
Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER

See attachments..
Attached Images   
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Got an offer via snail mail for the same promo I had last quarter: 15% statement credits on gas, groceries and dining. $500 min, $600 max. Came with a code to enter for activation. Not sure why it was sent via snail mail vs sent by email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.