Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by benny08
I have 3 offers overlapping one of another. Will they combine my purchases to meet the requirements for all 3 offers? Or I have to individually meet the requirement for each one?
25x on utilities
12500 bonus for spending $2000
Up for 25000 bonus for spending at least $1500 on grocery/gas every month
Yup, all of the offers stack so your spend can count towards multiple offers at once.
benny08 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:58 am

With the 25x on utilities, is that per bill? It says min $100 Spend to get the 25x. Last month my electric bill was less than a hundred so had to pay extra to make sure I got the 25x. This month same with the electric ($60) but I have the water bill as well. Both combined will be over $300. But not sure if they do them separately or if it will be the total of the two...So not sure if I should round up the electric again ..
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:48 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

No More Conversion to Sears TY?

We called and tried to convert out new Sears MC card. But the rep said there is no more conversion path to TY card. Is this something new?

We already have two Sears TY cards. One receives good TY promotion, but the other has received nothing. Not sure how to get the 2nd involved. Would some new spending activate the TY promotions?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
.... no more conversion path to TY card. Is this something new?
There was discussion in August. Scroll back to about post 267 and read forward.
RedSun likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
With the 25x on utilities, is that per bill? It says min $100 Spend to get the 25x. Last month my electric bill was less than a hundred so had to pay extra to make sure I got the 25x. This month same with the electric ($60) but I have the water bill as well. Both combined will be over $300. But not sure if they do them separately or if it will be the total of the two...So not sure if I should round up the electric again ..
The offers are for the total of all the bills in that month as long as they show up in the right category in your account activity. So you should get the points back on the $300 and no need to spend extra unless you want to max out the offer.

Last edited by yepperoni; Oct 18, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:55 pm
Suspended

No TY Promotion Email

We have one Sears TY card. But this card has never received a single promotion email. Is there anyway to trigger it? Or put on some spending activities?
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:37 pm

We have one Sears TY card. But this card has never received a single promotion email. Is there anyway to trigger it? Or put on some spending activities?
How long has the card been open? I have the SYWR version but the cards are otherwise very similar. I think they send the offers via snail mail unless you opt for paperless. Not sure if there is any pattern to it but I only started getting offers after having the card open for a while (it was around 9 months for me). I did a little spending for the initial sign up bonus, a few dollars the next two months, then stopped using it completely for a while as I wasn't getting any of these good offers. Then I got a random email offer for something like "Spend $50 get $10" so I did that and since then have been getting new promos every month or so.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
My only data point is that relative didn't even have an online account on card. After signing up for an online account, person started to receive email offers.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yepperoni
How long has the card been open? I have the SYWR version but the cards are otherwise very similar. I think they send the offers via snail mail unless you opt for paperless. Not sure if there is any pattern to it but I only started getting offers after having the card open for a while (it was around 9 months for me). I did a little spending for the initial sign up bonus, a few dollars the next two months, then stopped using it completely for a while as I wasn't getting any of these good offers. Then I got a random email offer for something like "Spend $50 get $10" so I did that and since then have been getting new promos every month or so.
This Sears TY card was opened in Mar-2019. Did some early spending and have not had much use since May-2019. Another card was opened at about the same time. And this card received most of the TY promotions. We called Citi and they only told me to wait....

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
My only data point is that relative didn't even have an online account on card. After signing up for an online account, person started to receive email offers.
That card owner has other Citi cards and online account.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:39 am
Suspended

We just called Citi and had the CL increased from very low limit. Hope this give a shot to the arm....
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Totals need to be over $100.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I just got a new promo - spend 2k between 10/20-12/18 to get 12,500 TYP.

previously I would get spend 1k between 60 days to get 7,500 TYP

so I guess after doing that a few times they are raising the stakes, and reducing the relative rewards for me

still handy as i have a lot of non bonus category spend coming up
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Singapore Airlines Kris Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I just got a new promo - spend 2k between 10/20-12/18 to get 12,500 TYP.

previously I would get spend 1k between 60 days to get 7,500 TYP

so I guess after doing that a few times they are raising the stakes, and reducing the relative rewards for me

still handy as i have a lot of non bonus category spend coming up
Received the exact one yesterday.....I hate to say it boys but I feel the days of easy peasy reward is gone
Old Oct 21, 2020, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by yepperoni
The offers are for the total of all the bills in that month as long as they show up in the right category in your account activity. So you should get the points back on the $300 and no need to spend extra unless you want to max out the offer.
Thanks. My total between the both is just over $300 so will leave the payments as is. Glad they extended it until 12/31 so I will have a chance to get some gift cards for family and friends.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mistermalibu
Received the exact one yesterday.....I hate to say it boys but I feel the days of easy peasy reward is gone
Considering overlapping promotion for 10x and this one is 6.5x this is total of 16.5x, yes it's not 30x, but it's not bad.
akr1970akr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.