Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by yugi
I tried to increase my CL over the phone from $4500 to $13500 and got declined with the following reasons:
• Too many inquiries last 12 months
• Length of time accounts have been established
• Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
• Time since most recent account opening is too short
they have been given me small increases auto matically, its up about 3x since i got the card.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by BUF777
Couple of questions on 2 different promotions:

- 5X at gas stations, grocery stores, & restaurants between 12/01/19 - 3/31/20 (up to a maximum total 20,000).
These points usually post after about 2 months and it's been more than 2 billing cycles. Did anyone get their points for this promotion yet?

- For the current (5/1/2020 – 7/31/2020) online purchases 5X bonus, would paying rent online directly with the property management work? Fees are very minimal and the rent will take care about $1K in "online" spending.

Thanks folks!
sears takes its own sweet time to post things...but i can honestly say i don't think i've been shorted anything by them

what counts as online is pretty murky with sears. i'm not sure they even follow the same rules as the inscrutable ATT card
Old May 29, 2020, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
sears takes its own sweet time to post things...but i can honestly say i don't think i've been shorted anything by them

what counts as online is pretty murky with sears. i'm not sure they even follow the same rules as the inscrutable ATT card
I have recently seen few other cases where sometimes it took nearly 4 months for people to get their points. So I am hopeful I'll see my points in June or the month after.

I took the chance and paid about $500 in rent online - worst case scenario would be loosing 2500 points, but this DP will be useful in the future.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:03 pm

Were you able to get it converted to the TYP-earning version of the card? If so, how did you accomplish this? Did you call the number on back of the SYWR card? Which department did you ask for? Thank you!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
walmart can be wonky - depends if its a super center or neighborhood store or what not.....but the sears promo may have their own crazy rule set, and its difficult to 'error trap' how coding is since one just gets strange/large lumpsums months later with no easy way to reconcile.

but given how juicy these are, i can deal with the strangeness.
It was a supercenter, and coded as a grocery, I put $1k in spend there, later discovering that supercenters are excluded. But it counted anyway.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by chee_hoo
Were you able to get it converted to the TYP-earning version of the card? If so, how did you accomplish this? Did you call the number on back of the SYWR card? Which department did you ask for? Thank you!
It was 2 years ago, I called the number on the back after receiving a card, and was told I need to call after first statement closes, so I did, and was converted to the TYP version.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:23 am

Got three separate promos posted on May 19th, even though they were posted within the past week. Always weird with these promos, but nice to see them hitting finally!
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:40 pm

Hi, has there been any data points on Plastiq working for these Sears offers? TIA!
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:18 am

yes plastiq works for things like general spending requirements

unknown if it counts for 'online'
EZjace likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:42 pm

yes plastiq works for things like general spending requirements

unknown if it counts for 'online'
Most likely it does, since promotions on other Citi cards like Preferred, Prestige, etc do.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:39 am

My "missing" points finally posted in late June
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by BUF777
My "missing" points finally posted in late June
My points from April spend posted end of June, there is 2 months delay right now.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:38 pm

Is the SYW card a cash back card? Can points earned be redeemed as statement credit?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:30 pm

Had the SYW points version of this card for about 2 years now and been getting great overlapping statement credit offers nonstop for the past year. The latest offer expired last month and I still haven't gotten a new one yet. This happening to anybody else, or maybe Citi is just being weird and will send me a promo email/mailer later in the month?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dream of Flying
Is the SYW card a cash back card? Can points earned be redeemed as statement credit?
The SYW card gives points, and the points can only be used at Sears and Kmart. The thing most people find valuable about this card is that it tends to give extremely generous spending bonuses as a statement credit. I've been getting 10-20% back offers for a while now.
Dream of Flying likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.