Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:53 pm

The posting of bonus pts keeps getting longer. They just posted bonus pts earlier this month from an offer ended in December.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I received the following offer yesterday
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by yugi
I received the following offer yesterday
I got the same. Lots of offers on my cards right now I'm thinking maybe 5? Many are unusable though like travel category or $2k/mo on grocery.

Last edited by mia; May 6, 2020 at 5:58 pm Reason: Remove quoted image.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Singapore Airlines Kris Gold
Lucky you! Stuck with 20x grocery, restaurant, gas min. 800/mo & 1k for 7500pts which I already met last month.

The current climate I prefer cashback than pts~
Old May 7, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mistermalibu
Lucky you! Stuck with 20x grocery, restaurant, gas min. 800/mo & 1k for 7500pts which I already met last month.

The current climate I prefer cashback than pts~
Just cash them out.
Does anybody know if online ordering from GCM, Simon or GC.com counts as online on this card?

Last edited by yugi; May 7, 2020 at 8:40 am
Old May 9, 2020, 3:46 am

Just cash them out.
Does anybody know if online ordering from GCM, Simon or GC.com counts as online on this card?
gcm counts
so probably the rest counts

what worries me is that an obvious online retail purchase sometimes dont count, and you dont find out until it's too late. but if you stick to the usual suspects (amazon etc) then those are guaranteed to work.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 11:44 am

Received a letter informing me that my 20 years old Sears card will be automatically enrolled in TYP unless I opt out by 6/15. I have been enjoying the cash back offers for almost 4 years now. Although I have a few TYP citi cards, I like keeping this one out of TYP and getting all the offers as statement credits.

BTW, I was able to opt out online using a unique code included in the letter.

Last edited by AlexTheMan; May 9, 2020 at 11:57 am
Old May 10, 2020, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
Received a letter informing me that my 20 years old Sears card will be automatically enrolled in TYP unless I opt out by 6/15. I have been enjoying the cash back offers for almost 4 years now. Although I have a few TYP citi cards, I like keeping this one out of TYP and getting all the offers as statement credits.

BTW, I was able to opt out online using a unique code included in the letter.
what is ironic is that some people who have gotten sears cards recently have been unable to convert them into TYP cards
hurnik likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 12:15 pm

On my Citi SYW card, I got the same offer now - 10% statement credit for online purchases in excess of $300 ($150 max). I also got a 10% for grocery purchases in excess of $2000 per month ($250 max), and a one time $75 credit for more than a $1000 purchase between May and June. I also recently got the credits for the 20% when you buy grocery in excess of $1000 for Jan-Apr (sweet $600 in credits total). I am ending up in gift card hell - but the offers are too good to pass up.

And separately, I get the 2% SYW points as well for the grocery purchase which are worthless since Sears and Kmart have nothing useful to buy. Few hundreds there...maybe should just buy an appliance and get it over with.
Old May 23, 2020, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
gcm counts
so probably the rest counts

what worries me is that an obvious online retail purchase sometimes dont count, and you dont find out until it's too late. but if you stick to the usual suspects (amazon etc) then those are guaranteed to work.
Paypal and Plastiq worked for me for Citi Preferred offer, so I guess it will work as well for Sears, so I splitted my charges between Plastiq, Paypal and GCM. Let's see what's gonna happen.
Old May 25, 2020, 2:58 pm

unf you don't find out til a few months later. i'm leaving plenty of the table with sears right now. i'm thinking card co's are going to be slashing limits/lines as defaults start creeping up. a lot of balances are in no pay mode already at the industry level , if you watch the credit card master trusts and how many are in 'forbearance'
Old May 27, 2020, 8:42 pm

Couple of questions on 2 different promotions:

- 5X at gas stations, grocery stores, & restaurants between 12/01/19 - 3/31/20 (up to a maximum total 20,000).
These points usually post after about 2 months and it's been more than 2 billing cycles. Did anyone get their points for this promotion yet?

- For the current (5/1/2020 – 7/31/2020) online purchases 5X bonus, would paying rent online directly with the property management work? Fees are very minimal and the rent will take care about $1K in "online" spending.

Thanks folks!
Old May 28, 2020, 1:59 pm

I received the final 20k from Oct-Mar promo of 20x for gas/grocery/restaurant yesterday, (total of 120k from this promo alone) and here are my findings. Postdated activation works. I activated in November, but I spent $1k at "gas station" in October, doing another promo, and I've got my 20k. Walmart purchases, which coded as a grocery store also worked, despite being excluded in terms and conditions as follows: "Grocery or food purchases made at convenience stores, gas stations, warehouse clubs, supercenters and discounts stores are not eligible."

Last edited by yugi; May 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Old May 28, 2020, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
unf you don't find out til a few months later. i'm leaving plenty of the table with sears right now. i'm thinking card co's are going to be slashing limits/lines as defaults start creeping up. a lot of balances are in no pay mode already at the industry level , if you watch the credit card master trusts and how many are in 'forbearance'
I tried to increase my CL over the phone from $4500 to $13500 and got declined with the following reasons:
• Too many inquiries last 12 months
• Length of time accounts have been established
• Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
• Time since most recent account opening is too short
Old May 29, 2020, 12:09 pm

I received the final 20k from Oct-Mar promo of 20x for gas/grocery/restaurant yesterday, (total of 120k from this promo alone) and here are my findings. Postdated activation works. I activated in November, but I spent $1k at "gas station" in October, doing another promo, and I've got my 20k. Walmart purchases, which coded as a grocery store also worked, despite being excluded in terms and conditions as follows: "Grocery or food purchases made at convenience stores, gas stations, warehouse clubs, supercenters and discounts stores are not eligible."
walmart can be wonky - depends if its a super center or neighborhood store or what not.....but the sears promo may have their own crazy rule set, and its difficult to 'error trap' how coding is since one just gets strange/large lumpsums months later with no easy way to reconcile.

but given how juicy these are, i can deal with the strangeness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.