Citi Prestige Metal Card?

Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by ocbrody
Cards were delivered today and man are they crappy. My name on the front is crooked, "world elite" on the back isn't lined up, and they don't seem metal at all. I appreciate the fact that they're lighter than the CSP or amex plat, but it isn't much of an improvement over the plastic version.
I agree...not very premium at all! Never has been though...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I got mine today... I'm not sure why they bothered... the card does not look or feel metal. It's so light, and when you hold it in your hand, whatever finish they put on it causes it to feel like plastic. My name is also printed crooked on the front, though the back is okay.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Likewise, I have no idea why I received new card. No change at all to card # or expiration or CVV. Metal my ... - fridge magnet doesn't stick to it AT ALL, and it sticks to Marriott card just fine.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by italdesign
Metal my ... - fridge magnet doesn't stick to it AT ALL, and it sticks to Marriott card just fine.
You do know that not all metals are ferromagnetic, right? If they made your card out of pure titanium or even gold, a magnet would not stick.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:31 am

I got my metal card yesterday. It's awful. First, it came in a box with a hardbound booklet describing the benefits - didn't need that, it's just more trash. But more importantly, the card itself looks terrible, and they spent money on this that presumably could have been used on benefits instead.

The printing looks cheap, it's crooked, etc.

I know this is ridiculous to complain about, but is there a good contact to provide feedback regarding this? If anything, I just want it clear from a customer perspective that I'd prefer benefits over a poorly executed metal card in an expensive mailer. It's not going to change anything, but someone at Citi thought this was a good idea to spend money on, and IMHO it wasn't.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
... It's not going to change anything...
It may, they replaced a previous Prestige design (with the magnetic stripe on the front) because there were widespread complaints.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by ocbrody
Called up on Saturday and asked where the card was since the citi app said it was "processed" back on July 26th. Rep replied they were going to be delivered on August 10th, then realized it was already past that date and said she would expedite a metal card.

Cards were delivered today and man are they crappy. My name on the front is crooked, "world elite" on the back isn't lined up, and they don't seem metal at all. I appreciate the fact that they're lighter than the CSP or amex plat, but it isn't much of an improvement over the plastic version.
Never understood how the reps can be so unaware of what date it is. Surely they must have it right in front of their face on the computer.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:12 pm

Maybe I got lucky and my replacement metal card seems perfect? Did some people have unrealistically high expectations for the metal replacement? I'd say it's better quality than an old CSP I have lying around.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings
Maybe I got lucky and my replacement metal card seems perfect? Did some people have unrealistically high expectations for the metal replacement? I'd say it's better quality than an old CSP I have lying around.
Post a picture of your perfect card, so we can see what one looks like. Here, myfico and reddit all have people saying the same as here. So maybe you got an updated batch, which is what has happened with previous redesigns.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Nick92
Post a picture of your perfect card, so we can see what one looks like. Here, myfico and reddit all have people saying the same as here. So maybe you got an updated batch, which is what has happened with previous redesigns.
What point would that serve? Is it really that incredulous that my name is spelled correctly, is level, and the card was unblemished? Mine looks just like the standard mockup that has been going around, but with my name and account number instead. I received my replacement last Thursday.

Why not post a picture of your defective card instead since that would be a much more unique thing? I can't find a picture of anyone's card with their name rotated 5 degrees or whatever to the edge of the card.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:57 am

What point would that serve? Is it really that incredulous that my name is spelled correctly, is level, and the card was unblemished? Mine looks just like the standard mockup that has been going around, but with my name and account number instead. I received my replacement last Thursday.

Why not post a picture of your defective card instead since that would be a much more unique thing? I can't find a picture of anyone's card with their name rotated 5 degrees or whatever to the edge of the card.
I haven't seen any misspelled names being reported. What point would be served posting yet another image depicting a crooked name, misaligned World Elite font, peeling Mastercard foil logo to name a few? This thread has two and the MyFico has an additional three images posted. On the other hand, no one has posted or confirmed the cards are being printed correctly until you. No need to be so defensive, I believe you but was also curious if for example the potentially fresh batch feature the new Mastercard logo.

And no one will show their name, which is why you don't see that but people have confirmed the crooked name printing.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:26 am

I haven't seen any misspelled names being reported. What point would be served posting yet another image depicting a crooked name, misaligned World Elite font, peeling Mastercard foil logo to name a few? This thread has two and the MyFico has an additional three images posted. On the other hand, no one has posted or confirmed the cards are being printed correctly until you. No need to be so defensive, I believe you but was also curious if for example the potentially fresh batch feature the new Mastercard logo.

And no one will show their name, which is why you don't see that but people have confirmed the crooked name printing.
I wasn't being defensive at all. I was just confused as to how a card that looks the way it's supposed to look would be such a noteworthy thing to post a picture of. It would be like me saying I have a five-toed cat: no one would care to see a picture. Now, if I were to say I had a six-toed cat (Hemingway), then a picture would be useful.

Anyway:
1) My name is spelled correctly
2) All the information on the front and back of the card is level and not crooked. I even went ahead and verified it by measuring.
3) The white text for the name and numbers are not peeling/fading and feel raised in a similar fashion to the text on a Sapphire Reserve
4) The Mastercard logo is not peeling

Will this card probably scratch/scuff/whatever in the future? Sure, but then again so do my JPMR and Centurion.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:33 am

I wasn't being defensive at all. I was just confused as to how a card that looks the way it's supposed to look would be such a noteworthy thing to post a picture of. It would be like me saying I have a five-toed cat: no one would care to see a picture. Now, if I were to say I had a six-toed cat (Hemingway), then a picture would be useful.

Anyway:
1) My name is spelled correctly
2) All the information on the front and back of the card is level and not crooked. I even went ahead and verified it by measuring.
3) The white text for the name and numbers are not peeling/fading and feel raised in a similar fashion to the text on a Sapphire Reserve
4) The Mastercard logo is not peeling

Will this card probably scratch/scuff/whatever in the future? Sure, but then again so do my JPMR and Centurion.
It's a fair point but Citi Prestige seems to always have first batch issues. I can think of problems with every new design initially but they were always corrected later. I even mention this in a previous comment that I suspect the next batch will be corrected. I'm glad the issues have been fixed and so will request my card. Does it have the new Mastercard logo or still the old?

I have the same experience with JPMR and Octave, don't have Centurion
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:50 am

It's a fair point but Citi Prestige seems to always have first batch issues. I can think of problems with every new design initially but they were always corrected later. I even mention this in a previous comment that I suspect the next batch will be corrected. I'm glad the issues have been fixed and so will request my card. Does it have the new Mastercard logo or still the old?

I have the same experience with JPMR and Octave, don't have Centurion
It has the same mastercard logo/sticker as appearing on this card: http://upgrd.com/images/upload/image...9.59.06-pm.png

A little off-topic, but even our JPMR's don't have the card number centered and justified either. If we can't even have our PB cards flawless, then why would we expect a mass market one to be?

The Prestige I have seems to be a well-made, sturdy card. I didn't really bother commenting on the, "3D Effect," of the two men insignia in the middle since that's more of a personal preference thing.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:55 am

It has the same mastercard logo/sticker as appearing on this card: http://upgrd.com/images/upload/image...9.59.06-pm.png

A little off-topic, but even our JPMR's don't have the card number centered and justified either. If we can't even have our PB cards flawless, then why would we expect a mass market one to be?

The Prestige I have seems to be a well-made, sturdy card. I didn't really bother commenting on the, "3D Effect," of the two men insignia in the middle since that's more of a personal preference thing.
Oh still using the old Mastercard logo. I never noticed that about JPMR, but when a friend showed me his Prestige the crooked name stood out. So is the "3D Effect" back?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.