Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige Metal Card?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
I reported my card lost 6 weeks ago and they overnight a metal card with new card number. A couple of weeks later they sent a nice box with a metal card embossed with the lost card number.
Got a letter form Citi today related to a card# compromised in August. Turns out it was an inside job and they have terminated the employee. The letter also offered offering 12 months of ProtectMyID Alert
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:32 pm

Anyone having issues with recurring charges since receiving the metal card? I hadn't updated a few of mine with the new expiration date (old one was still valid) and they started failing. I've since updated them with the new exp and security code and a few, but not all are failing and being declined by Citi. They said on their end it looks like I'm still trying to use the old plastic card, even though I deleted the cards at the merchant and re-entered. USAA kept trying and never got it to go through, they don't even use the security code. Citi is sending me a new card, but I'm not very hopeful it will change anything, since the card number isn't changing.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This sounds like a problem with the merchants' systems. I would try paying with another (unrelated) card for a month or two, then re-enter the Citi card.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
Anyone having issues with recurring charges since receiving the metal card? I hadn't updated a few of mine with the new expiration date (old one was still valid) and they started failing. I've since updated them with the new exp and security code and a few, but not all are failing and being declined by Citi. They said on their end it looks like I'm still trying to use the old plastic card, even though I deleted the cards at the merchant and re-entered. USAA kept trying and never got it to go through, they don't even use the security code. Citi is sending me a new card, but I'm not very hopeful it will change anything, since the card number isn't changing.
May be a bit of a pain since you would have to change your card number everywhere and you'd be without a card for a few days, but I would just report the card lost so that you can get an account number change. The new account number should flush everything out everywhere. Whenever I have similar issues with the card issuer and the merchant telling me that everything is fine on their end I stop going in circles and just get a new account number.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You could try a virtual card number:

Services > Credit Card Services > Mobile & Digital Wallet > Virtual Account Number

https://online.citi.com/US/NCSS/vanran/flow.action
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
Anyone having issues with recurring charges since receiving the metal card?
Yes!

Just got off the phone with Citi. Apparently they have "expired" the old cards, despite them still having a future expiry date on them, so now only the expiry date/CVV on the new metal cards is valid.

This caused me to cop a $42 fee from my power company due to the "bounced" credit card payment - despite having the same charge successfully going to the card every month for the past 3 years. They gave me 5,000 TY points as compensation, but I still think this will be enough of a trigger to get me to cancel the card once I've used the $250 airline credit for the year. Issuing a new, un-requested card and then cancelling the old card without notice simply doesn't fly...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:01 am

Has Citi began issuing these cards with the new World Elite Mastercard logo?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by docbert
Yes!

Just got off the phone with Citi. Apparently they have "expired" the old cards, despite them still having a future expiry date on them, so now only the expiry date/CVV on the new metal cards is valid.

This caused me to cop a $42 fee from my power company due to the "bounced" credit card payment - despite having the same charge successfully going to the card every month for the past 3 years. They gave me 5,000 TY points as compensation, but I still think this will be enough of a trigger to get me to cancel the card once I've used the $250 airline credit for the year. Issuing a new, un-requested card and then cancelling the old card without notice simply doesn't fly...
I got my 'new' cards in the mail today, with the exact same account number, expiration and security code as the new metal card I got last year. Which is the one failing, for some merchants. I had updated my expiration date to the new card, but not all merchants use the security code. Frontier and USAA failed. I still have a few charges scheduled though, supposedly with the new card number. What good these new cards will do, none I am sure. I think I might have to do the suggestion to get another account number. I do have the Premier card and can switch charges to it for Thank You Points, but wanted to keep everything on the Prestige for the anniversary bonus.

Last edited by voodoogirl; Mar 6, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I've been using the metal card since it came out. No issues at all until last week when things started getting declined even on small charges. I spoke with Citi on this and the problem is Citi system did not record the metal card ever being activated on their end despite months of usage against the metal card. Go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.