Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige Metal Card?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Nick92
Oh still using the old Mastercard logo. I never noticed that about JPMR, but when a friend showed me his Prestige the crooked name stood out. So is the "3D Effect" back?
I guess it sort of looks like it's back. I definitely wouldn't say it was like the original Prestige design back in the day though.

I posted about the JPMR card number justification in this post in the JPMR thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28028663-post1343.html
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:15 pm

Did everyone get their new metal card? There used to be a status tracker on the app - but that has disappeared and I still do not have a new metal card.

Not that I am complaining - I am perfectly fine with the plastic - I have too many metal cards anyway and want to keep my wallet light.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by SFNDFan12
Did everyone get their new metal card? There used to be a status tracker on the app - but that has disappeared and I still do not have a new metal card.

Not that I am complaining - I am perfectly fine with the plastic - I have too many metal cards anyway and want to keep my wallet light.
Nope, but Im in the same boat, I dont care.

I just dont want the package delivered to anyone else!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAvantage, TAM, Flying Blue, others...
I’m on the same boat as you guys. The only time I ever hand my card over to anyone is at a restaurant, and I really don’t feel the need to impress the waiter with a shiny metal card, but I was concerned about the tracker suddenly disappearing.

I’m glad to know it wasn’t just me. I’ll try to contact them later to make sure everything ok anyway, but it sounds like they were trying to replace too many cards too fast and the tracker was playing against them in terms of expectations.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SFNDFan12

I noticed the tracker had disappeared but didn't have time to worry about it. On Saturday, the new card appeared in my mailbox. So keep checking your mailboxes.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:42 pm

So, I received a new Citi Prestige metal card yesterday in a nice boxed volume. The only thing is, I closed out the account a month and a half ago.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the update. Guess I'll be on the lookout for a new card!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RandyLAXSGV
So, I received a new Citi Prestige metal card yesterday in a nice boxed volume. The only thing is, I closed out the account a month and a half ago.
I reported my card lost 6 weeks ago and they overnight a metal card with new card number. A couple of weeks later they sent a nice box with a metal card embossed with the lost card number.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Just received the new "metal" card and it doesnt really feel metallic at all.
Doesnt feel "prestigious".

Font has changed and the font color is now white instead of the current grey.
Everything else seems to look the same.

Citi should have made this card really feel metallic and heavy like the original CSP.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:37 pm

Mine arrived as well, packaged with the second card for my AU.

The package itself is very well done. Better than when I first signed up Id say.

The "terms and conditions" are expertly hidden. Reminds you youre dealing with a nasty bank.

The card itself is certainly heavier, but the outside feels the same.

Unfortunately, there is a notice that my plastic card will expire in January. This sucks, now I have to call and request a new plastic card.

And deal with multiple changes in exp date and the back of card code.

Thanks for wasting my time Citi.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:38 pm

Had to wipe my phone and all my cards were removed to the wallet. Upon adding the back my original prestige wouldn’t take and I had to try w the new “metal” card’s specs
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:30 pm

Got my metal card yesterday. Not sure if maybe they corrected their quality issues (and hence the 3 month wait) but I am more pleased with the card than what I have read here.

Now only if they somehow get us Admirals lounge access again.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by RandyLAXSGV
Thanks, I wondered if that had happened to anyone else. I closed mine in early August, and got the metal card last week.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:25 pm

Personally i prefer the old version. The metal card lacks the 3d effect the plastic version has
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAvantage, TAM, Flying Blue, others...
Originally Posted by betterthanlast
I’m on the same boat as you guys. The only time I ever hand my card over to anyone is at a restaurant, and I really don’t feel the need to impress the waiter with a shiny metal card, but I was concerned about the tracker suddenly disappearing.

I’m glad to know it wasn’t just me. I’ll try to contact them later to make sure everything ok anyway, but it sounds like they were trying to replace too many cards too fast and the tracker was playing against them in terms of expectations.
I forgot to update this, but I did talk to Citibank and they said everything was well, and that I could expect to receive the card in November or December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.