Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Trouble formatting dates on Citi ThankYou travel site

Old Apr 5, 17, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler

I'm trying to look up flights to use Thank you points, but I can't figure out how to format the arrival and departure dates. No calendar pops up. So I enter dates as they have identified (MM/DD/YY) or 02/05/18 and it continually tells me that I don't have the correct date format. Anyone know how can I enter dates to check flights? Thanks
Old Apr 5, 17, 7:03 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
If the page is working correctly a calendar is displayed. The date format is MM/DD/YY. The rejection is probably another symptom of the same problem. If the problem persists I would try a different browser.
Old Apr 5, 17, 12:52 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Originally Posted by vandykes44 View Post
I'm trying to look up flights to use Thank you points, but I can't figure out how to format the arrival and departure dates. No calendar pops up. So I enter dates as they have identified (MM/DD/YY) or 02/05/18 and it continually tells me that I don't have the correct date format. Anyone know how can I enter dates to check flights? Thanks
02/05/18 is too far in the future, you need to call citi to make these reservations. When I tried that date, there was a relatively clear message indicating this. Although something tells me the dev did not understand the requirement correctly:

Error: Please enter a departure date no later than (append today's date +270 days including year).

Pretty sure the "(append today's date +270 days including year)" part should be a calculated value. Sometimes devs get lazy and/or take things literally.

To get the calendar to pop up, you need to click on the icon that is left justified inside the date input box.

It's a pretty mediocre site.

Last edited by joachimm; Apr 5, 17 at 12:53 pm Reason: edit to add emphasis to solution
Old May 17, 17, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Hyatt
I thought I was the only one having this problem. And I am not looking so far into the future either. Thank You's response was that I should call if this happens. Well, I like to search various dates, and I don't think a person on the phone will find that much fun. So I am effectively stopped from booking flights at thankyou.com
Old Jul 4, 17, 9:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Hyatt
The problem continues for me. I cannot book any flight because they will not accept and date format that I input. So today I sought the help of online chat, who expressed sorrow at my dilemma but then provided no help at all. If you want to search various possibilities for travel, you have to be able to do this without the aid of a telephone agent. They will probably look up one or two itineraries for you, but then you are done. My points come from a Prestige card, which I definitely do not plan to renew.
Old Jul 6, 17, 4:42 pm

This is a browser compatibility issue.

The page works on Microsoft EDGE and Internet Explorer 11.
Does not work on Firefox (the no calendar / wrong data format error).
Old Jul 17, 17, 3:24 pm

Try internet explorer. Seems to work for me in that browser, but not in firefox or chrome.

Search this Thread