Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum invitation to upgrade to AA Executive (no bonus)

Citi AA Platinum invitation to upgrade to AA Executive (no bonus)

Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
anyone know if the prorated thing works when you have paid for your admirals club with MILES and not cash? I need to have authorized users (my kids who are over 18) be able t enter the club for holiday trip, and will go ahead and apply for the card. Just wondering if they'll rebate some miles since the club membership won't have yet expired. Called Citi and AA and reps I spoke with said they didn't know due to miles being used for the previous club membership renewal.

Maybe I missed this but at one time, AC could be purchased with Miles? I doubt this is still a thing?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:58 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by gumercindo
.... AC could be purchased with Miles? I doubt this is still a thing?
Still offered:
Attached Images  
gumercindo likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Product Change: AA MC to AA Executive MC

I currently have the AA World Elite MC card ($95 AF). I'm considering switching to the Exec MC ($595 AF, includes AAdmiral membership). Would this include a credit check (hard or soft)?
Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:23 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Post 7, from 2017, reports no hard pull. Post 9 makes the point that you will have the opportunity to consent any inquiry during the process.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Post 7, from 2017, reports no hard pull. Post 9 makes the point that you will have the opportunity to consent any inquiry during the process.
I contacted Citi and confirmed that no credit checks are performed for this product conversion. They'd send me a new card, and I'd be charged the AF during the following billing cycle.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I contacted Citi and confirmed that no credit checks are performed for this product conversion. They'd send me a new card, and I'd be charged the AF during the following billing cycle.
I did the product conversion today, and I didn't incur either a soft or hard pull. The website and the app already show the upgraded product, and I was told to expect new cards in the mail within ten business days.

I did ask the rep when the benefits would start, including earning rates on bonus categories (like 10x on hotels booked through the AA hotel portal) and he said "right away". For those who've done this product conversion, has this been the case? I'm about to book a hotel stay through the portal and the 10x bonus would be great to have.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.