FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1784306-citi-aa-plat-gold-bus-cards-august-2016-1-personal-1-business-bonus-24-months.html)

fredc84 Aug 11, 16 9:03 pm

Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.

Well, this is interesting. Looks like #1 in the wiki is going out the window. Only one personal AA Citi of any type and one biz AA Citi per 24 months. I just hope DoC is wrong.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-ci...lton-citi-typ/

dealsphotog Aug 11, 16 10:06 pm

New Citi Rules Limit You To One Bonus Per 24 Months Per Brand (AA, Expedia, TY)

Originally Posted by fredc84 (Post 27052191)
Well, this is interesting. Looks like #1 in the wiki is going out the window. Only one personal AA Citi of any type and one biz AA Citi per 24 months. I just hope DoC is wrong.

I hope he is wrong too. But looking at the application page, it clearly mentions that. :(:(
I really wanted to get those 25k AA miles for Gold card.

italdesign Aug 11, 16 10:06 pm

Wow. Instant denial for AA biz (which is apparently one of the few cards now without the new language [reported by DOC a few hours ago]). Used link from wiki. Never had biz card before. 6 apps on EX in last 6 months.

First such occurrence ever with Citi.

"Thank you for applying for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®.

After careful consideration, we are unable to approve your application. You will receive written notification with the reasons for the decision.

Thank you for considering Citi."

vfdfs2 Aug 11, 16 10:08 pm

DoC is right with the term about just one card of any type per 24 months with no opening or closing account. Initially i didn't believe it, but if you click on the 50K application link above, apply now, the terms does state, "American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi®/AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness®/AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months."

darthbimmer Aug 11, 16 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by vfdfs2 (Post 27052395)
DoC is right with the term about just one card of any type per 24 months with no opening or closing account. Initially i didn't believe it, but if you click on the 50K application link above, apply now, the terms does state, "American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi®/AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness®/AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months."

Well THAT just made it a lot easier for me to hit Chase's 4/24 limit. :(

vfdfs2 Aug 11, 16 10:34 pm

This is very sad news, seems like Citi is following Chase credit card apply limit.

walterj Aug 12, 16 3:33 am

I doubt this will affect mailers. I guess we'll see when a new crop of mailers get sent out.

I assume that this new language on a specific link will only apply to applications made using that link, as citi has done in the past.

beltway Aug 12, 16 4:50 am

Well, this is interesting. Looks like #1 in the wiki is going out the window. Only one personal AA Citi of any type and one biz AA Citi per 24 months.

:mad::mad::mad:

Wiki has now been overhauled. New warnings & updated guidance added; also pruned a few more dead links.

Originally Posted by walterj (Post 27053099)
I doubt this will affect mailers. I guess we'll see when a new crop of mailers get sent out.

I just checked my last valid mailer code & the app still has the trivial "new accounts only" language--ergo, still good on that front. For now.

I assume that this new language on a specific link will only apply to applications made using that link, as citi has done in the past.
It is a very good assumption that when you apply for an offer, the terms that control that application are the ones for that specific offer.

Tiberius123 Aug 12, 16 6:06 am

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select

Hi,

I signed up for the 30,000 for $1k spend within 3 months but i would like to instead change it to the 50,000 for $3k spend. any idea how to go about doing that? I called them just now and the rep said he was unable to do so and left a message with supervisor.

Advice appreciated thank you!

italdesign Aug 12, 16 6:20 am

Any tips on how to get mailers? Other than buying them on the black market. I never seem to get any useful targeted offer.

fredc84 Aug 12, 16 6:38 am

Since this just changed yesterday (the one TYPE of card per 24 months), I personally wouldn't assume mailers will still work. Any mailer received prior to this change could be subject to it and we won't know until someone tries it going forward. I hope it isn't, of course, and it will be interesting to see what language future mailers have on them.

beltway Aug 12, 16 6:53 am

Originally Posted by fredc84 (Post 27053566)
Since this just changed yesterday (the one TYPE of card per 24 months), I personally wouldn't assume mailers will still work. Any mailer received prior to this change could be subject to it and we won't know until someone tries it going forward. I hope it isn't, of course, and it will be interesting to see what language future mailers have on them.

As I just posted a couple of hours ago, my mailer offer is unaffected.

It's the language on one's specific offer, not any new offer terms being rolled out elsewhere, that applies.

mia Aug 12, 16 7:14 am

Moderator action

I have split the thread to coincide with Citi's new bonus terms. If there are specific posts that you would like moved from the previous thread into this one, please notify me by PM.

I have summarized my understanding of the new terms in the thread title, subject to length constraint. It may be revised over the coming days.

I have copied the most recent version of the Wikipost into this thread. Older versions of the Wikipost are still accessible in the previous thread. Nothing has been lost.

NTP9766 Aug 12, 16 7:50 am

We already knew about the CitiBusiness 24-month change, no? It sounds like the only change is that Gold and Platinums are effectively treated the same with regards to the 24-month limitation.

mia Aug 12, 16 7:56 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 27053855)
... Gold and Platinums are effectively treated the same with regards to the 24-month limitation.

Gold, Platinum & Executive. See THIS post.