Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Features of Citi Priority Account announced [USA]

Features of Citi Priority Account announced [USA]

Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
The new higher-requirement Citigold does; the old Citigold definitely had multiple tiers and the lower tier (now replaced by Citi priority) did not reimburse.

The only thing that's changed is that there's no $50k-200k of Citigold anymore.

Other banks and ATM service providers may charge you a fee when you conduct a Citibank deposit account transaction using their ATMs. In any eligible statement period, when you use another bank’s ATM to conduct an ATM withdrawal from your Citibank deposit accounts you will receive reimbursement from Citibank if your Citigold Account Package had a combined average monthly balance of $200,000 or more in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts for the calendar month prior to the ATM transaction. If the combined average monthly balance in your Citigold Account Package was not equal to or greater than $200,000 for the calendar month prior to your ATM transaction, then Citibank will not reimburse you for ATM fees charged by other banks or other ATM service providers when you conduct a Citibank deposit account transaction using their ATMs. This ATM reimbursement is only available in the Citigold Account Package and is limited to consumer accounts. Reimbursement of other bank ATM fees is not available in the first month in which your account is opened in The Citigold Account Package. to footnote reference 5
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by nkedel
The new higher-requirement Citigold does; the old Citigold definitely had multiple tiers and the lower tier (now replaced by Citi priority) did not reimburse.

The only thing that's changed is that there's no $50k-200k of Citigold anymore.
Exactly! The old 200k+ Citigold tier also had free outgoing international and domestic wire transfers, which the new Citigold has now too, but not Citi Priority.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer
I had a CPWM account with 50K in an IRA there for Citigold. The commissions are $20 a pop, along with annual account maintenance fees that are waived for Citigold / Citi Priority now. There is also a $95 full transfer fee if you ever decide to leave. If you're ok putting in 50K and never touching it (like a true boglehead), I think you can ignore the fees since you're never trading.
After the rout in bonds recently I decided to do this... since I just let this $50k sit there anyway solely to qualify, I might as well be earning some yield on it. For $20 easily worth it imo. Will be nice to see that $50k doing something for me finally.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by nyjoe4
Yes, that is what I was told by a Citi Rep, but it doesn't sound like it worked for the poster above.

I used the online chat feature the second time so I would have it in writing about paying "no fees now if you paid none in the past". I will test it out myself and post my own experience.

Curious as to other experiences as well, especially with customer service.
To follow up on my own experience, I have NOT been charged any fees at any point over the last four weeks of travels, which is the same as when I was Citigold. So it seems that the customer service reps were correct in telling me that I my benefits were grandfathered into CitiPriority...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: All the programs!
These last few weeks a new message has popped up upon login.

"To avoid a change in your Citigold package please increase your combined average monthly balance to at least $200,000."

The change to Priority may happen soon.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nyjoe4
To follow up on my own experience, I have NOT been charged any fees at any point over the last four weeks of travels, which is the same as when I was Citigold. So it seems that the customer service reps were correct in telling me that I my benefits were grandfathered into CitiPriority...
CitiPriority waives all foreign transaction fees so nothing unusual there. Now if you were reimbursed foreign ATM fees that would be news.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I wonder then if the grandfathered waived AF for the Citi AA card will also continue to apply? Guess I'll find out at some point in the next 12 months
Originally Posted by garykung
Always assume this - unless explicitly mentioned, the benefit will no longer apply to you.
Well as it turns out I saw a line item on my cc for $0 for my AA cc membership fee a few days ago. Looks like it remains grandfathered for now under Citi Priority. That is excellent news for me - I would've cancelled without that waiver. Works for Citi too I'd imagine as I didn't downgrade from Citi Priority as I awaited this info.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:11 pm

Any clarity on the $100 AF reduction for non grandfathered? Do Priority users get that or do you need Gold which is now 200?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
Any clarity on the $100 AF reduction for non grandfathered? Do Priority users get that or do you need Gold which is now 200?
$100 is here to stay.

It was announced even before Citi Priority has been made available.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
$100 is here to stay.

It was announced even before Citi Priority has been made available.
thanks yeah i upgraded to priorirty today. gonna put the $ in an ETF or something.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Even their checking account bonuses are weak. BoA and Chase have offered me $300 with pretty much no strings attached. Citi will offer you $300 but you have to put $15,000 in there for 90 days first.

Citi has become ridiculously thrifty.

Last edited by mia; Apr 25, 2018 at 2:05 pm Reason: Portion of post copied from another thread.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The Prestige currently have no sign up bonus to the public. You most likely won't see another 100,000 bonus offer from Citi ever again. The last large sign up bonus on the Prestige was 75,000/7K or something like that, almost a year ago.

Even their checking account bonuses are weak. BoA and Chase have offered me $300 with pretty much no strings attached. Citi will offer you $300 but you have to put $15,000 in there for 90 days first.

Citi has become ridiculously thrifty.
I received 75k bonus from Prestige last year, and a lot of points via ATTAM. Yes, they nerfed Forward, and now ATTAM, but I hope to get a lot of points from their Sears card. Also, I've seen $700 bonus for opening checking/saving accounts, and they pay me 2x975 TYPs each month from banking accounts for doing nothing. Their checking account offerings are better than Chase or anybody else so far IMO. They do lack in cards, but they still have some good ones, such as Premier, Double Cash, Costco, etc They now offer a signup bonus on DC, which is unusual for 2+% cards.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by yugi
Their checking account offerings are better than Chase or anybody else so far IMO.
My Schwab account is hands down better than anything Citi lays out for a checking account in terms of customer service, interest, and fees (such as foreign ATM and overdrafts)... Especially when their closest checking account that competes with my free Schwab account requires a $200,000 balance (which they've raised from $50,000 or $100,000 in recent years).

They do lack in cards, but they still have some good ones, such as Premier, Double Cash, Costco, etc They now offer a signup bonus on DC, which is unusual for 2+% cards.
Not rare at all. Even the Venture has a $500 sign up bonus and a waived AF the first year. Penfed's card has a $100 sign up bonus after spending $1,500. SDFCU's has a $200 sign up bonus, etc.

I have the TY Premier but it's not even in my wallet right now... my main drivers are AMEX Blue Business (2x on all of my purchases), and my USAA Limitless (2.5% back on everything). MR's are useful while Citi's points are generally worthless for domestic travel (Jet Blue is also a MR partner). At least with MR's I can transfer to Jet Blue, Delta, Hilton, SPG/Marriott, etc., whereas Citi has lost Hilton's cards, Hilton as a transfer partner, and has nerfed the Prestige multiple times in the last five years. In fact, it's quite annoying how it looks like they've practically given up with their TY program because they don't want their customers to have any nice benefits.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
My Schwab account is hands down better than anything Citi lays out for a checking account in terms of customer service, interest, and fees (such as foreign ATM and overdrafts)... Especially when their closest checking account that competes with my free Schwab account requires a $200,000 balance (which they've raised from $50,000 or $100,000 in recent years).

Not rare at all. Even the Venture has a $500 sign up bonus and a waived AF the first year. Penfed's card has a $100 sign up bonus after spending $1,500. SDFCU's has a $200 sign up bonus, etc.

I have the TY Premier but it's not even in my wallet right now... my main drivers are AMEX Blue Business (2x on all of my purchases), and my USAA Limitless (2.5% back on everything). MR's are useful while Citi's points are generally worthless for domestic travel (Jet Blue is also a MR partner). At least with MR's I can transfer to Jet Blue, Delta, Hilton, SPG/Marriott, etc., whereas Citi has lost Hilton's cards, Hilton as a transfer partner, and has nerfed the Prestige multiple times in the last five years. In fact, it's quite annoying how it looks like they've practically given up with their TY program because they don't want their customers to have any nice benefits.
Can you show me another no AF 2+% cashback card with signup bonus?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by yugi
Can you show me another no AF 2+% cashback card with signup bonus?
Just pointed them out. $100 for PENFED. $200 for SDFCU. BoA's no AF travel card if you're a preferred rewards client.

Most of the 2% cards have a sign up bonus... The only two I can think of that don't are the Paypal MasterCard and the Fidelity card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.