Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Features of Citi Priority Account announced [USA]

Features of Citi Priority Account announced [USA]

Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Anything I'm missing here?
Have you ever received a bonus for opening a Citibank checking?

If not, if it is not too inconvenient, closing the entire account may be a better choice.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
I incline not to trust this banker for 2 reasons:

1. The banker apparently knows nothing despite Citi's document confirms $100 AF reduction to stay. The document has been available for some times.
That is a good point.

2. It is a systemwide issue. It is not something a banker can stop (to upgrade your existing account to Citigold, a person with signature authority must request the upgrade and sign a form).
FWIW, I logged in to Citibank today and I'm still Citigold, with $51k balance.
The systemwide conversion was supposed to happen yesterday, on November 6. So, it may be that my account was indeed spared the downgrade. Has anyone with less than $200k in assets been downgraded from Citigold yet ?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:21 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by madbrain
Has anyone with less than $200k in assets been downgraded from Citigold yet ?
Yes, see here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...l#post27445758
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thanks, so it looks like my banker was correct, and I was spared because of opening my Citigold recently, in mid-September.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:02 pm

I know people don't really use checks anymore, but here is a comparison of the standard designs for Citi Priority and Citigold.

http://imgur.com/IMgGEeH
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:36 am

ATM fee reimbursement

I was just told by a Citi Priority representative that although I have been downgraded to Citi Priority, my Citigold benefits will remain in effect as long as I keep the account open. This "grandfathering" includes the reimbursement of foreign ATM fees worldwide, at least for now.

Has anyone else been given the same information?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nyjoe4
I was just told by a Citi Priority representative that although I have been downgraded to Citi Priority, my Citigold benefits will remain in effect as long as I keep the account open. This "grandfathering" includes the reimbursement of foreign ATM fees worldwide, at least for now.

Has anyone else been given the same information?
I was told that would not apply now that I was downgraded to Citi Priority. I find the info you received suspect. I'd try another rep
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:54 pm

I was told that would not apply now that I was downgraded to Citi Priority. I find the info you received suspect. I'd try another rep
I spoke with Citibank again today, and they reiterated that all benefits of my Citigold account will still be available to me as a CitiPriority customer. They explained that all new accounts would only be eligible for the current CitiPriority package, but that those of us with a longstanding "relationship" would be grandfathered in with exactly the same conditions.

Has any ex-Citigold client actually been charged an ATM fee internationally since their downgrade?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I spoke with Citibank again today, and they reiterated that all benefits of my Citigold account will still be available to me as a CitiPriority customer. They explained that all new accounts would only be eligible for the current CitiPriority package, but that those of us with a longstanding "relationship" would be grandfathered in with exactly the same conditions.

Has any ex-Citigold client actually been charged an ATM fee internationally since their downgrade?
I seriously doubt that is true.

Worst case scenario - if you end up suing Citibank for that issue, what do you think the judge will believe - the bank's written literature or the employee's testimony?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by garykung
I seriously doubt that is true.

Worst case scenario - if you end up suing Citibank for that issue, what do you think the judge will believe - the bank's written literature or the employee's testimony?
I wouldn't sue them over an ATM fee.

I am just curious, now that I have been told this twice by Citi representatives, if anyone has some actual data points or experience on the issue to offer....
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:47 pm

Made a withdrawal in Australia a couple of days ago and no Citi ATM charge, only the normal charge by an Australian ATM (non Citi). No Fx fee as well.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Fishy
Made a withdrawal in Australia a couple of days ago and no Citi ATM charge, only the normal charge by an Australian ATM (non Citi). No Fx fee as well.
As it should be. Citi Priority doesn't charge a fee for customers using their ATM overseas. But they also (unlike Gold) do not reimburse foreign ATM fee. Poster above is claiming that CitiPriority would reimburse that fee... but I don't believe that to be the case regardless of what the rep told him/her.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:38 pm

As it should be. Citi Priority doesn't charge a fee for customers using their ATM overseas. But they also (unlike Gold) do not reimburse foreign ATM fee. Poster above is claiming that CitiPriority would reimburse that fee... but I don't believe that to be the case regardless of what the rep told him/her.
Yes, that is what I was told by a Citi Rep, but it doesn't sound like it worked for the poster above.

I used the online chat feature the second time so I would have it in writing about paying "no fees now if you paid none in the past". I will test it out myself and post my own experience.

Curious as to other experiences as well, especially with customer service.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:53 pm

Gold reimburses foreign ATM fees? I was Citigold for over a year and made a lot of withdrawals in Australia but never got reimbursed (non Citi aTMs). The fee was always included in the transaction. The only time I don't have to pay any fee here is when I get the money out from Citi ATMs. Unfortunately there aren't many of them around.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fishy
Gold reimburses foreign ATM fees? I was Citigold for over a year and made a lot of withdrawals in Australia but never got reimbursed (non Citi aTMs). The fee was always included in the transaction. The only time I don't have to pay any fee here is when I get the money out from Citi ATMs. Unfortunately there aren't many of them around.
Yes, it does: https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/pands...do?ID=Citigold

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.