Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Features of Citi Priority Account announced [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Features of Citi Priority Account announced [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA-1k, AA-gold, Hyatt - glob, HH - Gold, Marriott -Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage
BoA Preferred Rewards seems to offer more at 50k min cash/investments
(30-100 free ETF/equity trades a month, 50-75% credit card bonus, refund of atm fees domestically only-not internationally, so you'll still want schwab)

any particular reason for going Citi Priority?
the Citi Prestige AF reducer might seem tempting, is it $200 off ($450->$250)?

Just another FYI... (someone already mentioned that the Citi prestige is $100 off not $200). Citi Prestige card going through a big downgrade in the near future.

Link to the discussion on this forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...23-2017-a.html

In the last 2 years (I think) the citigold requirements have changed several times. Also the citi prestige benefits have changed twice.

IMO all these changes and I'm thinking that Chase has a lot more value to me.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
citigold relationship bonus

Whats happening with the citi prestige + citi gold relationship bonus now? This year I kept $50k in a citi checking account so i could get the 15% bonus on my annual points earn with my citi prestige card...now with changes to both the gold+prestige wondering if this will exist in some modified form still? or just completely gone?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ZackVLion
Whats happening with the citi prestige + citi gold relationship bonus now? This year I kept $50k in a citi checking account so i could get the 15% bonus on my annual points earn with my citi prestige card...now with changes to both the gold+prestige wondering if this will exist in some modified form still? or just completely gone?
Since official changes have been announced to the public, you should consider the benefit as non-existence if it is no longer mentioned.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:12 am

I had a CPWM account with 50K in an IRA there for Citigold. The commissions are $20 a pop, along with annual account maintenance fees that are waived for Citigold / Citi Priority now. There is also a $95 full transfer fee if you ever decide to leave. If you're ok putting in 50K and never touching it (like a true boglehead), I think you can ignore the fees since you're never trading.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ACK1
Just another FYI... (someone already mentioned that the Citi prestige is $100 off not $200). Citi Prestige card going through a big downgrade in the near future.

Link to the discussion on this forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...23-2017-a.html

In the last 2 years (I think) the citigold requirements have changed several times. Also the citi prestige benefits have changed twice.

IMO all these changes and I'm thinking that Chase has a lot more value to me.
Chase already has my mortgage, my UA credit cards and a reasonably sized savings account. Citi is in the mix because of Gold, which I'll lose in November. What are your thoughts on moving to Chase?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:03 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Does anyone else have Citigold via a Business relationship package? I've had CG for as long as I can remember - probably around a decade ago they offered a package where you got Citigold with a linked CitiBusiness package. I've had that account, and Citigold not subject to a minimum balance, ever since (there is a minimum balance on the business side). https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/pands...eferredBanking

Turns out it is still on the website, though I'm not sure if it is still offered.

The question is: Does this account type keep Citigold, get moved to Citi Priority, or lose everything entirely. Anyone know for sure?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by daveland
The question is: Does this account type keep Citigold, get moved to Citi Priority, or lose everything entirely. Anyone know for sure?
Per the link you provided, Citigold is here to stay for now.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:04 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by garykung
Per the link you provided, Citigold is here to stay for now.
That would be great - though seems unlikely that long term one could have an account that requires $200k balance for just $15k in business balance. I think it is very possible that page gets updated in November when people sigh up and are only granted CP.

That said, business customers are obviously attractive in a different way with different revenue streams and provides a consolidated business/personal banking relationship for Citi to nourish - so maybe. I'll see what happens in November! FWIW, I did get the CitiPriority downgrade letter in the mail, but with Citi I don't put a ton of stock in that being the end all be all of it.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
O
EDIT: I just checked out BofA at $50k. Only reimburses 12 ATM withdrawals domestically, annually (less than CitiPriority which has no domestic cap).
CitiPriority will not offer any reimbursement of 3rd party ATM fees. This was confirmed to me on the phone just today.

I'm Citigold with $50K and told the conversion to Priority will happen on November 6. I'm traveling abroad on a 3 week trip starting November 13.
This is a silly move by Citibank.

Fortunately, my Fidelity Cash account still reimburses all ATM fees worldwide, with no limit, and $0 minimum balance.

As far as the $100 discount on the annual fee on the Prestige, I just spoke to both the banking side (Citigold) and the credit card side. Neither one could confirm that the $100 annual fee discount would still apply for Citi Priority customers.

Each side told me to speak to the other side. The banking side told me that questions about that should be directed to the credit card side. The credit card side told me that the $100 discount is paid by the Citigold banking department.
I gave up trying to obtain this information.

Is there anything in writing anywhere from Citi about the $100 annual fee discount on the Prestige for Priority customers ?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by madbrain
Is there anything in writing anywhere from Citi about the $100 annual fee discount on the Prestige for Priority customers ?
The $100 reduction is confirmed available to Citi Priority clients.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:45 am

Thanks. How were you able to find out ?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I wonder then if the grandfathered waived AF for the Citi AA card will also continue to apply? Guess I'll find out at some point in the next 12 months
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:32 pm

FYI, the local branch banker who signed me up for Citigold called me today and said she still didn't have the definitive info re: the prestige $100 fee discount for Citi Priority.

She also mentioned that since I signed up for Citigold very recently, in mid-september, my account might not get converted to Citi Priority on November 6, and I should get at least one year of Citigold before the conversion to Priority.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See here:

https://banking.citibank.com/cbol/ci...e/pdf/FAQs.pdf

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I wonder then if the grandfathered waived AF for the Citi AA card will also continue to apply? Guess I'll find out at some point in the next 12 months
Always assume this - unless explicitly mentioned, the benefit will no longer apply to you.

FYI, the local branch banker who signed me up for Citigold called me today and said she still didn't have the definitive info re: the prestige $100 fee discount for Citi Priority.

She also mentioned that since I signed up for Citigold very recently, in mid-september, my account might not get converted to Citi Priority on November 6, and I should get at least one year of Citigold before the conversion to Priority.
I incline not to trust this banker for 2 reasons:

1. The banker apparently knows nothing despite Citi's document confirms $100 AF reduction to stay. The document has been available for some times.

2. It is a systemwide issue. It is not something a banker can stop (to upgrade your existing account to Citigold, a person with signature authority must request the upgrade and sign a form).
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So after some analysis, I am downgrading to the Citibank Account Package. I really see no difference between this level which requires a $10k balance and the Citi Priority level which requires $50k. With current interest rates at just over 1% that's a $400 annual difference to keep Citi Priority. Both do not reimburse foreign ATM fees. Citi Priority offers free checks - but I will order checks before I downgrade and that should last me more than 10 years (I mean who writes paper checks any more?). I likely lose the waived $95 AA annual fee either way - and even if I didn't that's still over $300 in annual interest I'd save by earning elsewhere. Oh and I suppose I lose a few Thank You points too. No big deal there for me.

Anything I'm missing here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.