Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long call wait time Citi card center

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Long call wait time Citi card center

I was on hold for more than 20 minutes and still holding trying to speak to a representative. At a moment, I thought I was calling a domestic airlines.

This is a record for me to reach a CC rep.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
40 min

Originally Posted by neuro0
I was on hold for more than 20 minutes and still holding trying to speak to a representative. At a moment, I thought I was calling a domestic airlines.

This is a record for me to reach a CC rep.
Took 40 min last Thurs - and before that it hung up on me after 32 min.
Very frustrating
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The rollout of the Costco VISA has not gone well.

The entire retention department has been closed and reassigned to handle Costco calls. Read the last several posts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...all-cards.html
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yet my 2 calls to Citi in the past week have been ~10 mins hold time, but that was to fraud prevention and to the applications phone lines, not the general CSR line. I've been avoiding the general line for a month but I need to call to cancel a card so I need to bite the bullet.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Yet my 2 calls to Citi in the past week have been ~10 mins hold time, but that was to fraud prevention and to the applications phone lines, not the general CSR line. I've been avoiding the general line for a month but I need to call to cancel a card so I need to bite the bullet.
If you actually want to cancel (not looking for a retention offer), you can do it via secure message.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canyoncar
If you actually want to cancel (not looking for a retention offer), you can do it via secure message.
Can I do a product change via SM? I want to turn my Hilton Reserve card into a Doublecash. Not because I want a Doublecash, but more for acct history/AAoA reasons.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Can I do a product change via SM? I want to turn my Hilton Reserve card into a Doublecash. Not because I want a Doublecash, but more for acct history/AAoA reasons.
When I couldn't get through on the phone,I was told by Live Chat that I could do a PC via SM,but was told by SM that it could only be done on the phone. Maybe you will have better luck.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by freeflyin
When I couldn't get through on the phone,I was told by Live Chat that I could do a PC via SM,but was told by SM that it could only be done on the phone. Maybe you will have better luck.
I ran into a similar situation. The hold times are long and the retention department is closed.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
It's ridiculous, every time I have to call, I have to wait at least 15 minutes and many times over 1 hour. I can't imagine how Citi could have a worse customer experience. (unless they start losing my money)
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't want to double-post so see here if you want the full details, but Citi told me today that they're swamped with applications and doing new "fraud" checks they didn't use to do (which slows the processing of each application down).

So among other things I bet the call centers are swamped with people calling random Citi number about their delayed application. (When I just now called the live person application status / recon line listed in the AA thread wiki, where the first thing they ask is the application ID, that number got answered within one or two rings. But I bet relatively few people in the general public know about that particular number, and it's not useful for anything other other than recent applications.)
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:14 pm

Tried calling a month ago - 45 min wait, tried last week - 30 min wait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.