Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ellinj
What a pain in the a**. I hope they aren't going to be forcing into consolidator rates where you don't earn points.
I would not expect bookings made on thankyou.com to earn points or receive status recognition because it is outsourced to Connexions, the same agency that Chase uses.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
So they took away the best parts and gave us a metal card as a pittance. That about sums it up?
Pretty much.

I almost would want to work in Citi's consumer card group just to try to understand what on earth their strategy is certainly not for the job security though.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:03 pm

If that is a complete list, what a HUGE disappointment! There is not a single enhancement that is attractive.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by TTT103
If that is a complete list, what a HUGE disappointment! There is not a single enhancement that is attractive.
To be honest, were you expecting anything great?

It's Citi we're talking about here, they're not exactly known for giving a crap about their customers.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
So they took away the best parts and gave us a metal card as a pittance. That about sums it up?
If that's the complete list of enhancements then it's almost like a bad April Fool's Day joke. Makes the Prestige and "one and done" card for me. (Cue the 4th night free benefit chorus....)
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by mia
I would not expect bookings made on thankyou.com to earn points or receive status recognition because it is outsourced to Connexions, the same agency that Chase uses.
What's unclear to me is if all bookings will need to be made via the thank you portal.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Worked for me😊
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:15 am
mia

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Worked for me😊
It may, but it depends on the hotel chain's policy, and the individual property's practice. It's much more difficult to predict hotel (vs airline) behavior because many properties are franchised.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Nick92
I find it hard to believe that Citi would go out of their way to make a big announcement on July 17 of "enhancements" to counter the July 23 devaluation, simply to add Shoprunner and unveil a metal card. While highly unlikely new features will make up for major hits (Admirals Club, 1.6x AA redemption losses), I would like to believe Citi is smart enough to avoid adding insult to injury.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:38 am
mia

The Reddit post isn't an official announcement. It may be accurate, or it may be incomplete, or nothing more than a guess.

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
... Citi we're talking about here, they're not exactly known for giving a crap about their customers.
Corporations don't have feelings. All the major card factories are mass marketers. Citi will do the minimum necessary to achieve its targets, as would any other issuer we discuss here. Citi is more innovative than Chase, but they have a culture of tinkering with product details that is counterproductive.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mia
Doesn't chase use Expedia?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:10 am
mia

Originally Posted by hiima
Doesn't chase use Expedia?
Both Citi and Chase contract with Connexions to provide their travel portals. Connexions apparently uses Expedia for some of their hotel bookings.

ThankYou Travel Center. The "ThankYou Travel Center" provides travel-related Rewards that are fulfilled by Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions LLC, ("Connexions Loyalty") a service provider for the Program
https://ultimaterewardstravel.chase...._ltg=UR2Footer

Travel services are provided by Connexions Loyalty, Inc., a service provider to Chase Bank USA, N.A. ("Chase") and its affiliate Loyalty Travel Agency LLC (collectively, "Travel Services").
https://ultimaterewardstravel.chase...._ltg=UR2Footer

American Express uses Orbitz, which is owned by Expedia.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mia
The Reddit post isn't an official announcement. It may be accurate, or it may be incomplete, or nothing more than a guess.

Corporations don't have feelings. All the major card factories are mass marketers. Citi will do the minimum necessary to achieve its targets, as would any other issuer we discuss here. Citi is more innovative than Chase, but they have a culture of tinkering with product details that is counterproductive.
No but they often provide satisfaction before hanging up the phone, or reps who are based in America. Citi seldom provides that, at least to me anyways. Their website and app are also terrible.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:13 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
... website and app are also terrible.
...because? Posting this type of unsupported opinion isn't helpful. Tell us specifically what functional differences there are between Citi's website or app and a specific competitor's product that justifies your conclusion.

Example: I find Citi's smartphone app superior to Chase or American Express because they (and Barclays) include an optional Snapshot feature which allows me to see some information without logging in.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by mia
...because? Posting this type of unsupported opinion isn't helpful. Tell us specifically what functional differences there are between Citi's website or app and a specific competitor's product that justifies your conclusion.

Example: I find Citi's smartphone app superior to Chase or American Express because they (and Barclays) include an optional Snapshot feature which allows me to see some information without logging in.
For starters, at work, it's still asking for my debit card and social security number just to log on (I don't have a checking account with them anymore). The same thing happens when I'm using the app while at work (or probably with 4GLTE rather than wifi) I used to see dead links with them all the time. I just use the website and app from home now.

For the longest time I couldn't even pay my AT&T TYP card because it would just show up as a blank screen when I went to pay it. There's also been multiple times where I'd go to click on a link and I'd get "server error" and it wouldn't go away unless I deleted cookies or stayed off the site for an extended period of time.

I also thought Chase's app shows a snapshot of balances?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.