Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by garykung
Given the current climate, do you seriously think Citi/Costco won't downgrade the CB ratio?
I don't see that Costco has any incentive to downgrade and I would be surprised if they negotiated a short term agreement with Citi. I would expect these CB percentages to be in place of at least a year and probably much longer.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by dw
...Gary from VFW has posted ...
Thank you. I have started a Wikipost to summarize what we know. Any member who can see the [Edit] button in the lower right corner of the Wikipost is encouraged to make changes or additions.

Last edited by mia; Jul 25, 2016 at 2:04 pm
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. I have started a Wikipost to summarize what we know. Any member who can see the [Edit] button in the lower right corner of the Wikipost is encouraged to make changes or additions.
Are you sure? Citi still shows an old application with all the old benefits right now.
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...3A631C2111111W
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Are you sure? When I click on your link, I'm not seeing anything about 1.6 cents per TYP on AA, which for some of us was kind of key to making this contraption continue to spin ...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:09 pm

When can we expect to see something from Citi about the changes? I don't see anything about golf being eliminated.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Citi has been lazy in term of proper communication.

So consider what you heard is true despite the lack of official communication.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:43 pm

Besides fourth night free becoming average night fare off I read in Reddit that now you must use their codes and can't feed them your own hotel discount codes to use. Does anyone have any confirmation of this?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:17 pm

Confirmed with a rep that the announcement is coming in two days. And that it's going to a broad category travel redemption for 1.25c
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Confirmed with a rep that the announcement is coming in two days. And that it's going to a broad category travel redemption for 1.25c
Yet the Premiere is staying 1.3? Or is it changing to 1.25 as well?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
Yet the Premiere is staying 1.3? Or is it changing to 1.25 as well?

premier is 1.25c. It was never 1.3.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines
I still can't find any reason for all of the fuss! The only benefits being eliminated are Admirals Club Access and 3 free rounds of golf? The card still surpasses all other travel rewards card by a Continent.

So Admirals club Access and 3 free rounds of golf are > than:

1) $250.00 Airline Reimbursement Credit.
2) Priority Pass Select Lounges.
3) 4th Night free Hotel benefit.
4) Global Entry credit ($100.00)

+Plus:

1.) 3 Thank You Points per $1 spent on Travel.
2.) 2 Thank You Points per $1 spent on Dinning and Entertainment.
3.) 1 Thank You Points per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Additionally, If no one is willing to pay the annual fee, why would Citi desire to continue offering all those generous benefits? The same people "weeping" "fuming" over those "small" change of benefits being eliminated, are the very same people calling "retentions" relentlessy demanding a fee waiver.

Last edited by livencali; Jul 25, 2016 at 8:20 pm
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by livencali
I still can't find any reason for all of the fuss! The only benefits being eliminated are Admirals Club Access and 3 free rounds of golf? The card still surpasses all other travel rewards card by a Continent.

So Admirals club Access and 3 free rounds of gold are > than:

1) $250.00 Airline Reimbursement Credit.
2) Priority Pass Select Lounges.
3) 4th Night free Hotel benefit.
4) Global Entry credit ($100.00)

+Plus:

1.) 3 Thank You Points per $1 spent on Travel.
2.) 2 Thank You Points per $1 spent on Dinning and Entertainment.
3.) 1 Thank You Points per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Additionally, If no one is willing to pay the annual fee, why would Citi desire to continue offering all those generous benefits? The same people "weeping" "fuming" over those "small" change of benefits being eliminated, are the very same people calling "retentions" relentlessy demanding a fee waiver.
You forget the 1.6x on AA flights, which was huge for some.

Last edited by mia; Jul 26, 2016 at 7:31 am Reason: Remove personal characterization.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Hyperbole aside, the spend categories you listed are indeed pretty good. But Citi offers a more expansive version of Travel on their $95/yr Citi ThankYou Premier card.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I expected this deval, just like the forward deval, except the forward deval didn't come around for a very long time. ... Not everybody gets this card for the values you speak of. Some get it for the admirals club access and AA 1.6, cause they're AA flyers. Some actually use the golf benefit. Some might not even use PP it or the fourth night free. The ones who are truly mad are the ones who fly exclusively AA and don't use much of the other benefits.

Last edited by mia; Jul 26, 2016 at 7:34 am Reason: Remove personal characterizations and rejoinders.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Starting when?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.