Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

3x points with Prestige/Premiere when booking on thankyou.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I couldn't find an answer to this on the citi website and wondered if someone here knows.

I have a citi prestige and a premiere card. If I book a flight on thankyou.com will I get any sort of point multiplier for the purchase? i.e. will I get 3x points for travel or does it not count when using an 'on-line travel agency" sort of thing which i guess thankyou.com is.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
I booked air travel on thankyou.com that was paid in part using thankyou points and the balance was paid in cash. The cash portion did not result in 3X thankyou points. The result might be different if the entire airfare were to be paid in cash, because the charge may be processed from the airline in that instance.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
In my opinion I would just stick with Expedia/Orbitz for travel agency bonus points.
You would get a better network as well as established customer service.
And I can confirm that you get 3x points.

Just FYI "Hotels.com" is coded as " Other Travel DIRECT MARKETING-TRAVEL RELATED ARRANGEM " (even though they are all owned by same company) for some reason and I only got 1x points on Premier Card as recently as last month.

Last edited by mrkymark; Jul 4, 2016 at 8:45 am
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:30 pm

I booked tickets using TYP and cash and did receive 3x points on the Prestige for the cash portion. This was in March.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
It's under travel I earned 3x points . Was not able to redeem cap 1 points as it appeared CL trip charges . And not the airline .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.