Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi fraud procedures and experiences [Consolidated]

Citi fraud procedures and experiences [Consolidated]

Old Nov 1, 19, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Had Netflix charge me two months in a row. I disputed both times. The first time they refunded and didn't issue a new card. The second time they insisted that the transaction was done via Apple Pay, which to my knowledge isn't possible for Netflix. They also claim sending a new card isn't necessary since they can update the device virtual card remotely. I insisted on them sending a new card. WIll be interesting to see what happens next month.
Old Nov 2, 19, 4:41 pm

I have had Netflix Apple Pay charges for multiple months now. I have been issued 2 new cards and had the share information with subscriptions turned off for both new cards. I called Netflix and they did not have any the card numbers for that account being used. This is because Apple Pay does not use the card number so Netflix is not able to trace it. I removed the card from Apple Pay on all my devices and did not re add it when my latest new card arrived. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I should know if it worked in a couple of more weeks.
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I don't currently have this card in any device. It's weird because I don't think there is any way to actually buy netflix via apple pay.
Old Nov 6, 19, 4:51 pm

Is Citibank always this terrible?

Try making purchase for $1,000. It is declined.
Get an e-mail asking if I authorized it I said yes, card says good to go.

Try purchase again, declined.

Get a phone call asking if I authorized it, I said yes.
They said card is definitely good to go now.

Another phone call. I said yes I authorize it and I want it to work (she said last person I talked to put notes on the account that I authorized it but I wanted it to be declined.. what? lol). She says the "bank will contact me" whatever that means. She calls me back in 5-10 minutes and asks to speak to me, I guess this is their version of "the bank contacting me" and I once again confirm that I am trying to make this purchase and everything is okay.
She says the card is definitely 100% able to be used now.

I get ANOTHER call. I go over the same crap 5 times now and they said the card is 10000% okay. I said I'll make the purchase tomorrow as I've gone home and not want to deal with any more declined transaction crap anymore.

So, tomorrow comes, I go to make the same purchase .. I think we all know what happens.

So like what in the actual F? Are they truly this terrible?
Old Nov 6, 19, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by cokeguy223 View Post

Are they truly this terrible?
I once had a similar story, but only got declined twice before finally being approved on the third try. But with mine....I called IN ADVANCE to tell them a large charge of $2,500 was coming. Frustrating, and not much you can do.

Last edited by cheaptom; Nov 7, 19 at 11:58 am
Old Nov 6, 19, 5:22 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold

Try making purchase for $1,000.
1. How long has the card been open?
2. Is $1,000 a typical purchase for this type of merchant?
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:45 pm

Programs: Accor LeClub Platinum, IHG Platinum, SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Aegean Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
Had Netflix charge me two months in a row. I disputed both times. The first time they refunded and didn't issue a new card. The second time they insisted that the transaction was done via Apple Pay, which to my knowledge isn't possible for Netflix. They also claim sending a new card isn't necessary since they can update the device virtual card remotely. I insisted on them sending a new card. WIll be interesting to see what happens next month.
Experiencing the same exact same thing. No solution so far, and tired of getting new cards sent to me
Old Nov 8, 19, 9:29 pm

Is Citibank always this terrible?

Get an e-mail asking if I authorized it I said yes, card says good to go.Try purchase again, declined...Get a phone call asking if I authorized it, I said yes.They said card is definitely good to go now...Try purchase again, declined.

This is not unusual for Citi.

My experience was similar:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31646214-post227.html

__________________________________________________ __________
Old Nov 15, 19, 10:10 pm

Netflix using Apple Pay showed up on my account yet again. A couple hours on phone with Citi with no solution other than replace card again, which I passed on. Citi fraud is a one trick pony just replace the card... if that does not work.. just replace the card... rinse and repeat.
Old Nov 16, 19, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by kpeterson View Post
... A couple hours on phone with Citi with no solution other than replace card again...
If Citi does not know how to change a compromised account number, tell them to cancel the account. You can't take a passive role under these circumstances.
roberto99 likes this.

Search this Thread