Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free reimbursement survey

Citi Prestige 4th night free reimbursement survey

Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by robbierob03
Starting from my last data point:

HILTON: 7/30 Charge post / credit post 8/29
HILTON: 8/5 Charge post / credit post 9/19
HILTON: 8/12 Charge post / credit post 9/26
HILTON: 8/19 Charge post / credit post 9/26
HILTON: 8/26 Charge post / credit post 9/19
From the posts above, looks like the charges are taking longer to post than last year. My mom had a charge for Best Western stay post on 8/14, a little over 3 weeks ago. I guess 5 weeks is the threshhold to call.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by fedechat
Quick question, for prepaid non-refundable stays, do I suppose to receive the credit within 2 billing cycles of stays or posting date? because I paid on 7/20 but the stays was for 8/17~21, my cc closing date is on the 23rd.
It's supposed to post within 2 billing cycles of when you paid, not when you stayed. From post #17 of this thread:

"I'm in the same boat and my confirmation e-mail from the Concierge clearly states that reimbursement should occur within 1-2 cycles of payment on prepaid hotel stays. I will escalate if it does not post within that timeframe."
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
From the posts above, looks like the charges are taking longer to post than last year. My mom had a charge for Best Western stay post on 8/14, a little over 3 weeks ago. I guess 5 weeks is the threshhold to call.
I think I'm in the minority on this point, but I've given Citi the full two statement time limit specified for a credit to post and I've always had it posted on time.

Now having said that, yes Citi is definitely taking longer to post the 4th night credit than last year. Just based on what I've posted here I've seen credits go from a four day turnaround to now taking about six weeks in the last year.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by nesnith
After your stay.
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
It's supposed to post within 2 billing cycles of when you paid, not when you stayed. From post #17 of this thread:

"I'm in the same boat and my confirmation e-mail from the Concierge clearly states that reimbursement should occur within 1-2 cycles of payment on prepaid hotel stays. I will escalate if it does not post within that timeframe."

Thanks, my email said

Because you are a Citi Prestige cardmember you are eligible to receive a complimentary fourth night as an exclusive Prestige benefit. The complimentary 4th night rate credit in the amount of [$xxx.xx] is calculated based on the actual rate for the 4th night ($xxx.xx+ plus taxes). This statement credit in the amount of [$xxx.xx] USD will appear on your Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard within one to two billing cycles after check-out of the hotel and verification that the stay was fully paid with your Citi Prestige MasterCard. Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange.
but on the next sentence..

Complimentary 4th Night Terms & Conditions:

The Citi Prestige Hotel statement credit will be the cost of the 4th Night Stay room rate plus taxes. The statement credit will post within 1-2 billing cycles of a fully prepaid booking or 1-2 billing cycles after check-out.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 2:49 pm

Thumbs down Discouraging

Getting reimbursed for my last stay after two billing cycles took a threatening email and an additional week and a half. I have one more pending and I'm not optimistic at all. Aspire says they're running late but they don't seem to be taking any steps to improve the process. How much time does it really take to post a statement credit anyway? With the upcoming program changes and the difficulty in getting the 4th night credit, I seriously doubt I will retain my Prestige card much longer.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Credit posted a few days after 2nd statement posted. This is new to me; before, the credit would always post when the 2nd statement posted.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
My credit appeared mid-statement about 90 days after checkout.

Best Western. No call to inquire. The transaction posted shortly after checkout.

Last edited by CarefulBuilder14; Nov 3, 2016 at 6:24 pm Reason: More info
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Checked out of hotel 9/29, assuming I should have gotten a refund by now, my statement date is 16th. First time the credit didn't post immediately after the 2nd statement.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:06 am

It helps to call, beg, plead, threaten, etc. They claim it's a manual process with a growing backlog, and no plans to correct. Good luck!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:12 pm

I just sent them an email, they got back fairly quickly claiming the case # didn't exist, wrote back with the requested checkin / checkout dates and hoping for the best.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
My stay was November 17 and posted to my statement. My statements closes on the 17th of every month, I still do not see a credit for the fourth night.

How long does this take?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
My stay was November 17 and posted to my statement. My statements closes on the 17th of every month, I still do not see a credit for the fourth night.

How long does this take?
Exactly 37 days.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Exactly 37 days.
I wish
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:55 pm

Made 2 prepaid bookings on Dec 4th. 1 posted on Dec 5th and the other has yet to be charged.
Statement closed Dec 8th.
Both bonuses posted on Dec 26th, exactly 3 weeks later.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by robbierob03
I travel for work nearly every week, so obviously I have lots of data points...
It's been a few months so here's my latest set of data. As before I'm still seeing credits post out of order, and I still don't see any connection between my credits posting and my statement closing date. Unfortunately I also hit a new record with credits taking an ever longer time to post with one stay taking OVER ten weeks! It sucked but because of when the charge posted and when my statement cuts, technically Citi/Aspire met the two statement limit.

Starting from my last data point:

HILTON: 9/2 Charge post / credit post 10/10
HILTON: 9/10 Charge post / credit post 11/7
HILTON: 9/23 Charge post / credit post 11/28
HILTON: 9/30 Charge post / credit post 12/5
MARRIOTT: 10/14 Charge post / credit post 11/28
MARRIOTT: 10/21 Charge post / credit post 11/28
MARRIOTT: 11/4 Charge post / credit post 11/28
MARRIOTT: 11/11 Charge post / credit post 11/28
MARRIOTT: 11/18 Charge post / credit post 11/28

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.