Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free reimbursement survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige 4th night free reimbursement survey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:17 am

4th night free reimbursement - please help clarify timing

Hello,

I have gotten different answers from different people at citi during various phone calls

I've recently started using the 4th night free benefit to book a few hotels. Some of these hotels I've been booking with a non-refundable pay up front fee.
I was initially told that the 4th night reimbursement would come 2-3 cycles after the payment, but then was later told that it happens after the stay.

Its kind of a pain if the latter is true and that I'm going to have to keep track of everything for 9+ months to f/u after the trip to make sure the reimbursement occurred. Some of the trips I'm planning are far away - if that wasn't obvious from above.

Anyone have any better knowledge or experience with the 4th night reimbursement based on paid in full date versus actual stay date?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I'm in the same boat and my confirmation e-mail from the Concierge clearly states that reimbursement should occur within 1-2 cycles of payment on prepaid hotel stays. I will escalate if it does not post within that timeframe.

Originally Posted by babern38
Hello,

I have gotten different answers from different people at citi during various phone calls

I've recently started using the 4th night free benefit to book a few hotels. Some of these hotels I've been booking with a non-refundable pay up front fee.
I was initially told that the 4th night reimbursement would come 2-3 cycles after the payment, but then was later told that it happens after the stay.

Its kind of a pain if the latter is true and that I'm going to have to keep track of everything for 9+ months to f/u after the trip to make sure the reimbursement occurred. Some of the trips I'm planning are far away - if that wasn't obvious from above.

Anyone have any better knowledge or experience with the 4th night reimbursement based on paid in full date versus actual stay date?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I have always received the refund of a prepaid within 1-2 billing cycles. I always book in far in advance so the refund always posts before my actual stay.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Checked out of JW Marriott GH on 6/1, just received my 4th night credit $484 today.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by robbierob03
I travel for work nearly every week, so obviously I have lots of data points...
Since I just had SIX! hotel stay rebates post yesterday all at once, I figured now would be a good time to post additional data points. Before yesterday my rebates were taking even longer to credit than my second post above, I was waiting up to almost six weeks.

Starting from my last data point:

HILTON: 5/20 Charge post / credit post 6/20
HILTON: 6/6 Charge post / credit post 6/20
HILTON: 6/10 Charge post / credit post 7/19
HILTON: 6/17 Charge post / credit post 7/25
HILTON: 6/24 Charge post / credit post 7/25
HILTON: 7/1 Charge post / credit post 7/25
HILTON: 7/9 Charge post / credit post 7/25
HILTON: 7/15 Charge post / credit post 7/25
HILTON: 7/22 Charge post / credit post 7/25
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:34 am

Just out of curiosity, how much money did you get reimbursed? Rough ballpark figure is ok.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mikex163
Just out of curiosity, how much money did you get reimbursed? Rough ballpark figure is ok.
I'm traveling to the Midwest right now (not Chicago) so these aren't pricey hotels. My last data point total is in the ~$2k range, but that includes a ~$600 outlier rebate from a trip that I booked with cash (instead of hotel points) because of how the daily rates worked out.

But if you had asked that during August 2015 - March 2016 when I was traveling to Manhattan weekly, let's just say I'm surprised Citi didn't put a payout limit on the prestige with all the other changes.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:06 am

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:09 pm

Not sure what to do given this info. I still haven't received refunds for pre-paid stays booked months ago. When i call citi they keep saying I have to stay at the hotel first. My first booked stay will be at the end of august so i guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get a refund in sept/oct?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Why don't you make Citi read their own T&C about this on their own website?

All statement credits will be reflected on the Citi Prestige card statement as being a result of the Program and will appear within two billing periods following the month in which travel was completed; or in the case of promotional "pre-paid" that are paid in full as described above, rates the credit will be reflected within two billing periods following the date of payment in full of the "pre-paid" rate. Foreign exchange conversion rates may fluctuate resulting in slight differences in amount credited.

Originally Posted by babern38
Not sure what to do given this info. I still haven't received refunds for pre-paid stays booked months ago. When i call citi they keep saying I have to stay at the hotel first. My first booked stay will be at the end of august so i guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get a refund in sept/oct?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:59 pm

I think the word "Or" is probably the kicker here and not sure what the "promotional " pre-paid stipulation means.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta PM
checked out on July 1st, it was my first time using the 4th night benefit, but still nothing reimbursed. Should I wait more or contact them?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Had two recent stays.. checkout on June 17 and July 8th.. No credit for either stays yet..
What is recommended way to follow-up? first contact citi concierge or citi prestige customer service?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by desikid
Had two recent stays.. checkout on June 17 and July 8th.. No credit for either stays yet..
What is recommended way to follow-up? first contact citi concierge or citi prestige customer service?
The recommended action is to do nothing. Citi is still within the two statement timeframe they've given themselves for reimbursement.

If Citi does happen to miss their deadline (which I have not seen or heard of them missing), then call the concierge. Aspire tracks these and a rep should be able to look them up.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:15 pm

I was booking another hotel stay yesterday and asked the travel agent her opinion about this situation. She looked into it and confirmed i should've received the credit already. She noted that all the hotel stays I had booked had some incorrect "code. She corrected the discrepency and said the money should be posted in 5-10 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.