Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can Citi Dividend cashback be converted into ThankYou Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum

I am considering converting my Citi AAdvantage card into another product. One of my options is the Dividend Card.

Can anyone tell me if cashback earned on the Dividend Card can be converted into ThankYou points earned from a Prestige Card in the same way you could covert Chase Freedom cashback into Sapphire Preferred Ultimate Rewards points?

If not, is there a no-annual fee TY point earning card not available for new applicants worth converting my AAdvantage card to?

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:34 pm

no.

btw, Chase freedom does not earn cashback. It still earns Ultimate Rewards (UR) points. However, if you don't have Ink+ or CSP, you can't use those UR points for anything but giftcards and cash.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by PRHusky
Can anyone tell me if cashback earned on the Dividend Card can be converted into ThankYou points earned from a Prestige Card in the same way you could covert Chase Freedom cashback into Sapphire Preferred Ultimate Rewards points?
No.

If not, is there a no-annual fee TY point earning card not available for new applicants worth converting my AAdvantage card to?
I am not sure what you are trying to ask. "not available for new applicants" will also mean not available for conversion as well.

But the consensus here is the best no-AF TY card is Citi Forward, a card that no longer available (but still an active card for those who have it, including me )

Your choice for a no-AF TY card is Citi TY Preferred.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runb4fun
no.

btw, Chase freedom does not earn cashback. It still earns Ultimate Rewards (UR) points. However, if you don't have Ink+ or CSP, you can't use those UR points for anything but giftcards and cash.
Thanks for your response run.

In and of itself, the Freedom only earns cash back. You will never see Chase advertise anything differently. But you can convert that cash back into UR points if you have an Ink Plus or CSP.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
No.

I am not sure what you are trying to ask. "not available for new applicants" will also mean not available for conversion as well.

But the consensus here is the best no-AF TY card is Citi Forward, a card that no longer available (but still an active card for those who have it, including me )

Your choice for a no-AF TY card is Citi TY Preferred.
gary, although you cannot apply for it outright, the Dividend Card IS available for clients of other Citi products that want to change those products. Not sure if the same is true for the Forward card.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: Independent
I'm just wondering if anyone with a current Dividend card has succeeded in converting the cashback balance to points, now that the Double Cash supports it? My wife has a dividend card, and it would be helpful to be able to transfer the points to me as TYP (through an intermediate TYP account on her end?) when we're ready to spend them.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:32 pm

gary, although you cannot apply for it outright, the Dividend Card IS available for clients of other Citi products that want to change those products. Not sure if the same is true for the Forward card.
Dividend is indeed very much available by conversion. Forward was completely discontinued, and existing accounts closed or converted to other products.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:04 pm

Did anyone ever get an answer for this? Is there a way to transfer the points (either with the account open, or by converting it)?

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by hkcj
Did anyone ever get an answer for this? Is there a way to transfer the points (either with the account open, or by converting it)?
I converted a Dividend card into Custom Cash about a year ago. In the process, a small reward balance converted at the rate of 1¢ = 1TYP
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I converted a Dividend card into Custom Cash about a year ago. In the process, a small reward balance converted at the rate of 1¢ = 1TYP
Thanks, that's helpful. I might wait until the end of this cycle then so that I can take advantage of the less-limited grocery bonus (what I was planning to use the custom cash for anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.