Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by codenameXXX
I have an old AA Plat MC that was converted from W to WE a few months ago. Recently I applied and was approved for a new AA Plat MC. Is it safe for me to close the old WE card and still get the sign up bonus on the new card?
The wiki says that the W-WE conversion prevents the opening of the card to count toward the 18-month rule, but it doesn't mention specifically about the closing of the WE card. I just want to ask since the WE card annual fee is coming up. Thank you!
Yes. Or keep your AoA going and convert it to a no annual fee Citi double cash card.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flyin2
Yes. Or keep your AoA going and convert it to a no annual fee Citi double cash card.
I was actually planning to apply for the DoubleCash card. I did not know that the AAdvantage card can be downgraded to it. It should be a great combination with my SoftServe for easy cashback. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Just called their CS. I was told that AAdvantage card can only be converted to different Advantage products but not the Citi Double Cash card. Is this correct? I found several posts on reddit saying that this was possible a few months ago. Has anyone had success in with this product conversion recently?

Last edited by codenameXXX; Dec 30, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by codenameXXX
I was actually planning to apply for the DoubleCash card. I did not know that the AAdvantage card can be downgraded to it. It should be a great combination with my SoftServe for easy cashback. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Just called their CS. I was told that AAdvantage card can only be converted to different Advantage products but not the Citi Double Cash card. Is this correct? I found several posts on reddit saying that this was possible a few months ago. Has anyone had success in with this product conversion recently?
I called this month, and asked if I had any (retention) offers on the account. They said no, and I asked to have the card downgraded to the NAF 2x cash card. He transferred me and they converted it. I have only had the card a few weeks, so I haven't checked my credit report yet, but they called it a conversion. I'd HUCA.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ess-cards.html

The Wikipost is now at the top of that thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.