Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:14 pm

Another report of a W->WE conversion here. Card was approved in late October; first statement just closed.

Same member was just approved for her umpteenth biz card (using link E). Closed last one about 6 weeks ago.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Another datapoint for W->WE.

Approved on Nov 18th using link 4c. I just got a SM that I have a new card on the way. I'll update when I get it.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:23 am

The FAQ states that CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select is available only for the first-time cardmembers, but then it states that "Business AA cards: have been churnable repeatedly by some people without restriction other than the general Citi application rules. Apply once every 91-95 days."

If I apply for CitiBusiness again, and it's approved, is there a possibility that I would not get a bonus upon completing minimum spending (as apparently is the case with Citi Personal users who violate the 18-month rule)?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Hemera
The FAQ states that CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select is available only for the first-time cardmembers, but then it states that "Business AA cards: have been churnable repeatedly by some people without restriction other than the general Citi application rules. Apply once every 91-95 days."

If I apply for CitiBusiness again, and it's approved, is there a possibility that I would not get a bonus upon completing minimum spending (as apparently is the case with Citi Personal users who violate the 18-month rule)?
Of course there is always the possibility - but not much of one according to history.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by waylook
I applied for a plat a few days ago and got a letter in the mail asking me to submit a SSA-89 form so they can verify my ssn. It also says that they will do another hp. The 2nd hp is really annoying. I am tempted to let it go, but I am afraid that it will happen again otherwise. I successfully applied for 5 exec cards last year so I don't know where this came from.
Originally Posted by MadMadso
Check the exec thread. I seem to remember reading that this happened to someone there in the late spring/early summer. I believe he just ignored it and applied again the next time he has able to (8/65) and never heard from them again. But check since I'm not positive. And of course, YMMV.
That was my situation you're talking about on the executive thread, but it was in reference to the 4506-T request. I did indeed ignore it and applied again without further incident.

4506-T can be searched in that thread for the specifics.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
My card and my wife's card converted overnight last night. Cards were both opened on 11-15. Does the 8/65 day rule still apply to cards that have been converted? I would like to open another card as soon as possible.
The 8/65 rule only has to do with spacing of card applications. It has nothing to do with opening, closing, or converting of cards, only with applying for cards. (And whether the application is approved or denied doesn't matter, it counts either way.)
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Another report of a W->WE conversion here. Card was approved in late October; first statement just closed.

Same member was just approved for her umpteenth biz card (using link E). Closed last one about 6 weeks ago.
Is there any consensus yet about what triggers the conversion? My wife got her Gold card in August, and I got mine in September. Neither has been converted yet. I don't know if I should wait longer in hopes that they get converted or if I should just close them both and wait for 18 months to pass.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:25 am

Thanks for the info. Would anyone know if the 8/65 day rule will be invilved when they do a 2nd hp? Sounds like a whole separate application.

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Originally Posted by waylook
I applied for a plat a few days ago and got a letter in the mail asking me to submit a SSA-89 form so they can verify my ssn. It also says that they will do another hp. The 2nd hp is really annoying. I am tempted to let it go, but I am afraid that it will happen again otherwise. I successfully applied for 5 exec cards last year so I don't know where this came from.
Originally Posted by MadMadso
Check the exec thread. I seem to remember reading that this happened to someone there in the late spring/early summer. I believe he just ignored it and applied again the next time he has able to (8/65) and never heard from them again. But check since I'm not positive. And of course, YMMV.
That was my situation you're talking about on the executive thread, but it was in reference to the 4506-T request. I did indeed ignore it and applied again without further incident.

4506-T can be searched in that thread for the specifics.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:52 am
D93

Date point.
AA Plat opened 10/23 (using link 4c). Converted to WE on 12/20 (2nd statement).
AA Gold opened 11/2. Converted to WE on 12/25 (2nd statement) - only $2k CL.
Modify message
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:22 am

I just got converted to WE, but I haven't met the min spend on card #1 yet. Is there any reason to wait to apply for card #2 until I meet the spend on card #1?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by rexparte
I just got converted to WE, but I haven't met the min spend on card #1 yet. Is there any reason to wait to apply for card #2 until I meet the spend on card #1?
No reason to wait subject to 8/65 days rule. Although you might want to wait until you receive and activate your actual WE card
Old Dec 28, 2015, 2:01 pm

Newbie poster here. Datapoint for all:

1) Early July '15 - using WIKI application page, applied/approved 50k miles/spend 3k Citi AA W MC
2) Late July '15 - cancelled existing Citi AA VISA CC
3) September '15 - Citi AA World CC converted to WE CC
4) December '15 - using WIKI 4c, applied/approved 50k miles/spend 3k Citi AA W MC

Will advise if/when my second Citi W MC converts to Citi WE. Thanks to all the posters who have provided info on this W/WE "loophole". I would not have applied for the second Citi W MC otherwise.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Data Point: SMed a week or so after receiving the Plat AA to get the extra 10k miles and they approved it the next day.

Question: I have hit the 3000 spend within the first statement - is it possible I have already been upgraded to WE? I wasn't paying attention to what my card was initially listed as in my citi account, but I just checked and it is sitting as Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® -xxx. No card in the mail as of now. Is this now a WE card?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by nbeazy
Data Point: SMed a week or so after receiving the Plat AA to get the extra 10k miles and they approved it the next day.

Question: I have hit the 3000 spend within the first statement - is it possible I have already been upgraded to WE? I wasn't paying attention to what my card was initially listed as in my citi account, but I just checked and it is sitting as Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® -xxx. No card in the mail as of now. Is this now a WE card?
Most likely. Just wait for your new WE card to arrive in the mail, sometimes it takes over a month to receive actual WE card in the mail
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:08 am

Approved for third PS card this year, two days ago. Had to move credit since I hadn't reduced my limits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.