Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
For those of us who nicknamed our cards (yes, I prefer nicknaming them so I know when they were opened), there is still a way to tell the cards apart by going one extra step or 2, even though you cannot tell from the first summary screen of all your cards.

Go to the Profile where you set default account - there the cards will have their original Citi names, and yes, you can tell your cards a W or WE. The W, as being reported doz times, would has World in the name while the WE would NOT have the word of World in the name.
I see "Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®Account ending" on that page for my card but my actual credit card has World Elite printed on the back with silver mastcard logo. So I think this is an accurate process to check the card

Last edited by Stivelio; Dec 22, 2015 at 9:17 pm
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:10 am

Citi Platinum & Gold AA cards bonuses + benefits.

I applied for a plat a few days ago and got a letter in the mail asking me to submit a SSA-89 form so they can verify my ssn. It also says that they will do another hp. The 2nd hp is really annoying. I am tempted to let it go, but I am afraid that it will happen again otherwise. I successfully applied for 5 exec cards last year so I don't know where this came from.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:12 am

Got approved for $15.5k yest. My first Citi AA play card.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:46 am

Go to the Profile where you set default account - there the cards will have their original Citi names, and yes, you can tell your cards a W or WE. The W, as being reported doz times, would has World in the name while the WE would NOT have the word of World in the name.
Another datapoint for folks. I checked yesterday and both current W cards (wife and I) showed World in the name as discussed many times....so still just a plain World card. Today they both show Platinum Select! - so the conversion is done to WE I believe for our two recent World MCs (wife and I applied one week+ apart, my 2nd statement closed a few days ago showing the 50k bonus plus 10k match reported to AA and my wife's 2nd statement won't close until the 1st).

No email or online notifications (been watching since this is my 3rd round) received regarding conversion from Citi...BUT I did receive the thick mailing packet promoting World elite benefits last week...with no mention of card account number. This was my first indication that Citi had something in the works for me in converting my only existing World card in my name (since other previous 2 World MCs had already been converted to WE).

So Round 4 coming soon after I reduce the CL on both to get ready
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I see "Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®Account ending" on that page for my card but my actual credit card has World Elite printed on the back with silver mastcard logo. So I think this is an accurate process to check the card
Yes.

Also @epaairnow, yes, a batch of Ws must be converted to WE overnight as today I saw DH's No.3 has its name changed, the word of World disappeared today and all his 3 cards are Plat Select Accounts. So the No.3 has been converted overnight though there is no message on the Summary screen about a new card is being sent. He too, received a big package last week. His card had a short 10 days first cycle and the second cycle closed 10 days ago.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 23, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Good point - and a question...

I was one of those who got approved with a measly 1.5K CL. I plan to knock out the min spend in the first statement.

I also have a very recent CitiBiz card, which received my usual 20K CL. I just completed the minimum spend on that. After the statement closes, I pay it off, and see the miles credited to my AA account (probably within the next 10-14 days), I plan to lower the CL on the recent biz card down to 2K.

To facilitate the future conversion of my newest W MC (with a current CL of just 1.5K), I assume it would be prudent to explicitly request an INcrease in the CL on that card (that would be uncharacteristic, since I've only asked citi to reduce CLs before ) - any thoughts on that? That is, would I improve the chances of that card getting upgraded to WE if I request a credit increase, or would it be better to just allow them to do that (increase CL) in their own sweet time (do they do that)? Does a CL increase result in a HP?

For that matter, what's the collective wisdom/speculation on what seems to trigger the upgrade from W to WE?

Any input welcomed. Thanks!
Yes, Citi requires a HP and a review in order to increase a CL.

Nobody knows what is the trigger for W to WE but it seems to be a normal process about a couple weeks to a couple months, the Ws are converted to WEs. Some people got the conversions very quick, like when the first statement is not even closed, but most got the conversions in about 2 months after cards opened.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:25 pm

My ps statement closed last night and the card was apparently converted to WE.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:55 pm

My card and my wife's card converted overnight last night. Cards were both opened on 11-15. Does the 8/65 day rule still apply to cards that have been converted? I would like to open another card as soon as possible.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by epaairnow
Another datapoint for folks. I checked yesterday and both current W cards (wife and I) showed World in the name as discussed many times....so still just a plain World card. Today they both show Platinum Select! - so the conversion is done to WE I believe for our two recent World MCs (wife and I applied one week+ apart, my 2nd statement closed a few days ago showing the 50k bonus plus 10k match reported to AA and my wife's 2nd statement won't close until the 1st).

No email or online notifications (been watching since this is my 3rd round) received regarding conversion from Citi...BUT I did receive the thick mailing packet promoting World elite benefits last week...with no mention of card account number. This was my first indication that Citi had something in the works for me in converting my only existing World card in my name (since other previous 2 World MCs had already been converted to WE).

So Round 4 coming soon after I reduce the CL on both to get ready
Do you have to use the card in order to increase chances for conversion, or can you just let it sit idle?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
My card and my wife's card converted overnight last night. Cards were both opened on 11-15. Does the 8/65 day rule still apply to cards that have been converted? I would like to open another card as soon as possible.
The 8/65 rule still apply.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Do you have to use the card in order to increase chances for conversion, or can you just let it sit idle?
My card had two charges on it since it was opened, i reduced the CL to $2,000, last night it got converted to WE/online like the others stated above.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by waylook
I applied for a plat a few days ago and got a letter in the mail asking me to submit a SSA-89 form so they can verify my ssn. It also says that they will do another hp. The 2nd hp is really annoying. I am tempted to let it go, but I am afraid that it will happen again otherwise. I successfully applied for 5 exec cards last year so I don't know where this came from.
Check the exec thread. I seem to remember reading that this happened to someone there in the late spring/early summer. I believe he just ignored it and applied again the next time he has able to (8/65) and never heard from them again. But check since I'm not positive. And of course, YMMV.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes.

Also @epaairnow, yes, a batch of Ws must be converted to WE overnight as today I saw DH's No.3 has its name changed, the word of World disappeared today and all his 3 cards are Plat Select Accounts. So the No.3 has been converted overnight though there is no message on the Summary screen about a new card is being sent. He too, received a big package last week. His card had a short 10 days first cycle and the second cycle closed 10 days ago.
It appears my account was converted overnight as well. I saw the Alert on mobile and name change on web. I applied for the card at the end of October and 2 statements have closed. Also this debunks any ideas I had that low CLs don't get coverted. Mine is less than $2k.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:17 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Quote:

Yes.

It appears my account was converted overnight as well. I saw the Alert on mobile and name change on web. I applied for the card at the end of October and 2 statements have closed. Also this debunks any ideas I had that low CLs don't get coverted. Mine is less than $2k.
Same here. Guess I can lower my gold CL and apply for a new Plat next month!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
My DW and my world cards also converted last 1-2 days, but I don't see it as a "card I may be interested in" on the citicard preapproved page. Just a FYI, I know previously I would see it there as well after my second card was converted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.