Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
When were the applications done, Oct or Nov?

Were they from 4c or from pre-qual?

Has anyone used pre-qual or outside 4c link still gets conversion?
So far I applied: end of Oct - prequalified other cards you may be interested in
end of Sept - link 12
Beginning of Dec link 13 (don't have confirmation letter yet.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
Have you received the bonuses recently? I just got the approval letter and it doesn't mention the 50k miles .
Business approval letters don't mention the bonus.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by MadMadso
Check on the citi prequalified website and see if the platinum card comes up as either prequalified or as other cards you may be interested in. IMO, if the platinum shows up there, you can apply again and get the bonus. Good luck.
I never heard before that if an offer is shown as "other cards you may be interested in" it means that you could apply for it and get the bonus.
I thought it was just a general statement and not specific to whether I qualified or not.
Have you applied for such an offer in your account and received the bonus?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by felicity5
I never heard before that if an offer is shown as "other cards you may be interested in" it means that you could apply for it and get the bonus.
I thought it was just a general statement and not specific to whether I qualified or not.
Have you applied for such an offer in your account and received the bonus?
You need to follow the thread so you would understand a lot of the conversation would exclude the well-known part - in this case, the SOLE REASON one could get another bonus is because the existing card is converted from W to WE. It seems once it is converted, many people start seeing the "suggestions" on "cards you may be interested in" includes AA MC.

The W to WE loophole has been discussed ad nauseam since beginning of the year and now has become very well known.. That is why there should not be any need to explicitly explain the "prequalified" part. Everyone knows that does not mean you would get another bonus, it is a given, no need to explain.

The question asked and answered, primarily is to determine whether only 4c would generate the conversion or prequal and other links outside 4c also have the same effect when it comes to trigger the W to WE conversion, thus facilitate another bonus.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:08 am
D93

Originally Posted by ninim2200
So how can I confirm the bonus on an AA Business card?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:16 am
Suspended

Contact Citi?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Whew, thanks. I didn't even think to read the first one but am not at home atm. Hopefully a chat rep can confirm the bonus when the card arrives.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Check on the citi prequalified website and see if the platinum card comes up as either prequalified or as other cards you may be interested in. IMO, if the platinum shows up there, you can apply again and get the bonus. Good luck.
IS this true? Can anyone else verify? I applied in August for Plat MC and on the prequal website that is the first one that shows up.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by yankees555
IS this true? Can anyone else verify? I applied in August for Plat MC and on the prequal website that is the first one that shows up.
In my experience, when I apply for a platinum, a day or two later it drops off the prequalified offers. Right around when my card gets converted to WE, it pops back up on the website. If the card isn't there doesn't mean you won't get the bonus. I think it never shows up for Ed J. And I believe that one person's wife applied and didn't get the bonus. But it works like clockwork for me and I'm on #5. So YMMV.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I've found that most bloggers think that 50k is a "limited time" offer. Few of them want to say that you to go to FlyerTalk to find better offers than the Citi / AA sites show (and they usually show just 30k or so).

Most bloggers don't even know (or at least don't publicize) the awayN/travelN/milesN trick of finding them without going to FlyerTalk, because they get commissions on promoting the "official" link.

So the bloggers will probably shut up once the 50k offer goes away from the main Citi page and from AA's main page. I don't think they can get commissions on awayN/travelN/milesN offers!
what is awayN/travelN/milesN trick?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by yankees555
what is awayN/travelN/milesN trick?
See FAQ #17, the very last section of the wiki (at top of page; must be in desktop mode, not mobile interface).
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:04 am

In my experience, when I apply for a platinum, a day or two later it drops off the prequalified offers. Right around when my card gets converted to WE, it pops back up on the website. If the card isn't there doesn't mean you won't get the bonus. I think it never shows up for Ed J. And I believe that one person's wife applied and didn't get the bonus. But it works like clockwork for me and I'm on #5. So YMMV.
The prequal offer never showed up for me and yet I have applied for a total of 2 cards after my first MC-W (unconverted). Both have given me the 50K bonus and now converted to MC-WE. The AA prequal offer still doesn't show up.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Aabey D'mello
The prequal offer never showed up for me and yet I have applied for a total of 2 cards after my first MC-W (unconverted). Both have given me the 50K bonus and now converted to MC-WE. The AA prequal offer still doesn't show up.
I second this. The prequal doesn't always show up. I just received my first ever Plat card and it wasn't listed there before I applied.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Also wanted to report that my statement closed yesterday after requesting the 10k bonus and this was my final point printout:
New Customer Bonus: 50,000 miles
Adjustments: 10,000 miles
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:19 am

CitiBusiness AAdvantage World MasterCard

Had an interesting experience applying for the Business card recently. Applied on Dec 2 using one of the links in the wiki (I don't remember which one), and got a denial response stating something to the effect that they are unable to offer me this card and I would get a letter explaining the reason(s). Then last evening, I got an email informing me that I was approved for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select World MasterCard®! The email also stated "For your records, please note your account was opened on 12/2/2015 and your new card has a credit line of $20,000."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.