Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by klemsaba
Applied for a Platinum 'World' card Feb 2015 and it was converted to a Platinum 'World Elite' May 2015. Applied for another card with link 4c today and had to call in... yes someone was answering the phone on Thanksgiving! Moved some credit line around and was approved with the 50K point offer. Will confirm when I get my card and letter in the mail.
Confirming that I received my letter in the mail today with the 50,000 point offer. Nice!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:49 pm

I have looked around and haven't found a clear answer. Does bank accounts with Citi count towards the 1,8, 60 rule? I recently did the execute and citigold checking account and was hoping to do the platinum again but wasn't sure if the checking account would be counted in the wait period. Thanks for the insight.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:44 am
D93

Originally Posted by ninim2200
The question was if closing the 1st WE will affect the 2nd (currently W) to convert to WE, in my family experience it didn't.
I guess I wasn't clear enough.

My question is as follows, assuming my Plat W #2 gets converted to WE, does closing Plat WE #1 (or even Plat WE #2) affect the churn on a future Plat W #3?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by diseased
I sent sm's last night requesting the additional 10k miles for dh and I. They sent me the "10k mile adjustment will be included in the total monthly mileage on your statement within 1-2 billing periods" reply but nothing for dh yet. Both cards were approved in the 3rd week of October. Dh's PS was converted to WE, the day AFTER I applied for the business card, which is pending, in his name. Has anyone been approved for the business card while a spouse has one at the same address?
Dh was approved some time this morning and my second card was approved about a week ago. He received a 20k limit while I was given $1500. Now I'm just hoping my approval letter includes the 50k mile bonus. So far there's been no response to the sm requesting the 60k match for dh's ps personal card.

ETA: He received a response stating they'd add the 10k miles by the next billing statement.

Last edited by diseased; Dec 2, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by D93
"HI, I recently applied for the card with a 50k bonus, however I just received in the mail a 60k offer for the same card. Can you please match me"

Spend was already completed at the time of the SM.
Will be added automatically on my next statement.
Thanks! I was looking for someone to give me tips on how to request this offer. Is it still for $3k spend?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:19 am

Just another data point here for Citi Business Platinum Master Card.

I closed the same Business card in the 2nd half of Sept after almost 1 year of holding it. Just applied again on Monday 11/30, did Not get instant approval, but called again and confirmed they just approved it today. 50K miles offered with $3K spending. I applied using Business card link (G) in the wiki.

So if anyone can help me out -- is this business card good for the 60K miles? I think I read around the last few pages here that the 60K is for personal card.

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by diseased
Has anyone been approved for the business card while a spouse has one at the same address?
Yes, it has been the practice in my household. In fact, me and wife rotate through a few business cards in each year at the same address. But we did not apply at the exact dates, just space out a few months to each other, and close the card once the 1 year annual date is near.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Thanks! I was looking for someone to give me tips on how to request this offer. Is it still for $3k spend?
I requested via SM a match for my 3rd Word MC and my wife's 3rd World MC...using similar language to previous posts. Thanks all! (e.g., I was just approved for a World Mastercard for 50k bonus miles, but recently received a 60k bonus miles invitation, can you match that offer)

Was successful via Citi to approve the match request for both cards. Same spend requirements but they said they will deposit 10k miles in 1-2 billing cycles (even though I am still in month one of the cycle and have not met the spend yet)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:09 am

Mailed 60k invitation to family member--can you use instead?

Someone posted awhile back that you could take the mailed invitation for someone else---use the correct zip code and invite # - and apply for the card as if you were the person who received that direct mailing. Has anyone done this?

I have a direct mailing for my daughter for 60k offer that expires 12-31...and if my 3rd World is converted to WE before this date...was thinking about trying it. However I was successful in getting Citi to match this offer via SM for my current World card---so it may not even matter (trying to make the deadline of 12-31---current card probably won't even be converted to WE by then anyway)

Just curious for future opportunities.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:29 am

My 18 months have passed since closing my Gold AA card. My question is the 25,000 miles sign up bonus the best we can expect to see from Citi or does anyone remember them running any past specials for 30 or 35k ?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618
My 18 months have passed since closing my Gold AA card. My question is the 25,000 miles sign up bonus the best we can expect to see from Citi or does anyone remember them running any past specials for 30 or 35k ?
I think the best public offer for awhile has been 25k, i would apply for the 25k offer, wait for the card to covert from W to WE and apply again if you don't mind the HP.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:18 pm

60k Bonus experience

This is my experience for the additional 10K bonus:

Hi,
I was approved for account ending xxxx with a 50k signup bonus, I was wondering if you can match my account with the current 60k offer.

Thank You
ninim2200

Dear ninim2200,

On xx/xx/15 your account was enrolled in an offer to earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000.00 within three months. This offer expires on xx/xx/16.

We have added 10,000 miles to your account for the difference in the offers you received. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for the additional miles to show on your account.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by D93
I guess I wasn't clear enough.

My question is as follows, assuming my Plat W #2 gets converted to WE, does closing Plat WE #1 (or even Plat WE #2) affect the churn on a future Plat W #3?
No, it should not affect the churn
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by epaairnow
Someone posted awhile back that you could take the mailed invitation for someone else---use the correct zip code and invite # - and apply for the card as if you were the person who received that direct mailing. Has anyone done this?
Someone might be me. And it's worked X 4 now.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:15 am
D93

Originally Posted by boris10475
No, it should not affect the churn
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.