Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:46 am

Was approved for second business ps card this morning (only 1500 cl). Opened the first in April and closed in ~June.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:29 am

Checked this morning and now my 2nd card reads as just Platinum Select. I'll wait until I receive the new card before applying for #3.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by chasewalker
Checked this morning and now my 2nd card reads as just Platinum Select. I'll wait until I receive the new card before applying for #3.
I was converted from a World to World Elite MasterCard a few weeks ago. I've had the card for more than 70 days now.

I went ahead and decided to pull the trigger on a Platinum Select World MC. I got the 1 week message: "We.have.received.your.application.and.further processing.is.required..We.will.contact.you.within .a.week.regarding.our decision..If.approved,.be.sure.to.visit.citicards. com.to.register.and manage.your.account.online."

Is this standard or am I going to get a rejection here?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by schrute
I was converted from a World to World Elite MasterCard a few weeks ago. I've had the card for more than 70 days now.

I went ahead and decided to pull the trigger on a Platinum Select World MC. I got the 1 week message: "We.have.received.your.application.and.further processing.is.required..We.will.contact.you.within .a.week.regarding.our decision..If.approved,.be.sure.to.visit.citicards. com.to.register.and manage.your.account.online."

Is this standard or am I going to get a rejection here?
Call them. You might just need to verify a few details.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by chasewalker
Call them. You might just need to verify a few details.
Which number? Just the app department? Am I asking where my app is?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:53 pm

Which number? Just the app department? Am I asking where my app is?
call the number in the wiki with your application ID or SS# they can lookup your application.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
call the number in the wiki with your application ID or SS# they can lookup your application.
Done. Confirmed. The state was off in my app. The CSR confirmed the bonus for me. My credit limit is half of my other card, so a bit odd. Anyone else encounter this?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Done. Confirmed. The state was off in my app. The CSR confirmed the bonus for me. My credit limit is half of my other card, so a bit odd. Anyone else encounter this?
You have reached to the maximum total credit the bank currently is willing to extend to you.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You have reached to the maximum total credit the bank currently is willing to extend to you.
Which means if you want any more cards from them you need to start pruning things back. Look at the CLs you have, find out which ones are way more than you would ever use, and SM them to lower those.

With a new card you will want to complete your min spnd first, of course. Then lower the CL right away, as it may take several weeks, maybe more, for the CL to become available again. When a special limited time offer comes up, you want to be ready to pounce on it.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for another Citi AA Plat MC on Nov. 19 from the offer on the login page and was approved after calling and transferring CL from another card. Today I received my approval letter and it mentions the 50,000 bonus after $3000 spend, so it's looking good.

For reference, I currently have 3 Plat MCs after canceling my second one (from 2014) in June 2015. The first one, from Sept. 2013, is still World. The third came in March 2015 as a World MC and was converted to World Elite a month later. The fourth was converted from Visa (2013) to World Elite in May 2015.

I also have a Gold MC, converted from Visa to World Elite in April 2015, two Plat Signature Visas from 2013 that haven't been converted, a Plat Select AmEx from 2013, a business MC from 2014 and an Exec that I got in August.

I figure I can still apply for a Gold if I want to, and if they ever convert my first MC to World Elite, I should have another shot there.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Nov 25, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Just checked my husband's account online and it says Citi AAdvantage Gold and no longer says Citi AAdvantage Gold World MasterCard as it does on my account.
His card is 2 mos old and mine 1 mos.
For those who had their W changed to WE had you noticed a change in the name of the card before it became WE?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by duranza
Just checked my husband's account online and it says Citi AAdvantage Gold and no longer says Citi AAdvantage Gold World MasterCard as it does on my account.
His card is 2 mos old and mine 1 mos.
For those who had their W changed to WE had you noticed a change in the name of the card before it became WE?
yes absolutely
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:11 am

Applied for a Platinum 'World' card Feb 2015 and it was converted to a Platinum 'World Elite' May 2015. Applied for another card with link 4c today and had to call in... yes someone was answering the phone on Thanksgiving! Moved some credit line around and was approved with the 50K point offer. Will confirm when I get my card and letter in the mail.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boris10475
On your online Citi profile there is a description of each particular card. If it says "Citi Aadvantage Platinum Select" then the card got to be WE. If there is a word "World" in the description, then the card got to be W
No, not every place on the Citi site shows "World"! I just verified this with a new card!

So I registered my new card. It said "World" on the main page.

Then, as I do to keep track of them, I "nicknamed" it based on the month I got it. The whole description that included "World" disappeared.

So I go to My Benefits page. It says "Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select" without World in several places. That means my card is World Elite, right? Wrong!

Only if I got back to my Set Nickames and Default page can I see the "World", now that I've nicknamed the card. I can't find a single other place on the website where it still shows "World", even though it does show "Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select" other places.

So unless you know exactly where to look, the fact it says "CIti AAdvantage Platinum Select" is not a certain indication that you've been upgraded to World Elite.

Just saying to check the wording on the Citi site is not specific enough!!!

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 27, 2015 at 6:24 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:31 am

So I got upgraded from World MC to World Elite MC for my personal AA Platinum Select, I guess I can apply for it again. I also got approved for the Citi Business card last Saturday, so I just need to wait 8 days before applying again.

Couple of questions, not clear from the wiki.
1. When applying for Citi AA Platinum Personal MC again (due to getting the existing one upgraded to WEMC), it sounds like I can still have my existing AA Personal WEMC my open? Is that right?
2. At some point later, I want to product change my personal AA card into Double Cash. Would the product change count as closing the AA card and reset 18-month clock to start again?

Last edited by onehitrenegade; Nov 26, 2015 at 3:10 pm Reason: wording was not very clear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.