Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by bencahn1
so the Visa and Amex cards from AA are dead and gone? the only personal cards available now are MC and the Gold, correct?
Sort of, and yes (Platinum MC & Gold MC).

I say "sort of" because there are still legacy Citi AA Visas/Ameces still out there in the hands of cardholders. Many but not all Visas have been converted to MCs.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Personal Platinum and Gold MC is whats available + Business MC, No Visa or Amex.
thanks.

man, it's been 2 years since i've received the sign up bonus on the Visa + Amex, and i was JUST about to cancel them to apply for the MC...so glad i saw that rule that says "open OR closed an account"
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by bencahn1
thanks.

man, it's been 2 years since i've received the sign up bonus on the Visa + Amex, and i was JUST about to cancel them to apply for the MC...so glad i saw that rule that says "open OR closed an account"
You should read the rule again: open/close of a MasterCard.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
So I have been checking the citi pre-qualified page for the past week and no AA offer was there. Today marked my 65th day since my last 2 apps, and the 30k AA Plat offer just popped up. I think that is a really good indication of whether or not this World->WE loophole works. I feel confident I could apply today again(for card #3) with a link above and get another 50k. Might try the other link posted without the 18mo language, but might just do link 4c like last time just for the datapoint.
Approved for my 3rd Plat today and the bonus was confirmed again over the phone. Used link 4c. I still think the best way to find out if you are eligible for another Plat is using the pre-quailfied page and see if it shows the card there. Hoping the World->WE conversion happens again and I will go for card #4
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Opened my "some of your benefits are changing" letter for the biz card, and saw this:

"Your 5% AAdvantage Mileage Bonus benefit is being discontinued."

Can someone remind me what that benefit is? It is no longer showing on the official pages, at least I don't see it.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The Executive card "feels" very different because it has different benefits (such as lounge access), no waived AF, a very high AF, etc.

But once you factor out that "feel" aspect, the Gold, Platinum, and Executive cards are just all different personal Citi AA card products.

The Executive card has its own thread because of that very different "feel".

But from the standpoint of churning rules, the Executive card is not all the different than any other Citi AA personal cards, while the churning rules for Citi AA business cards are very different and less well understood (beyond "YMMV").
Thank you for helping clear that up. The differentiation between Plat/Gold and Exec is purely a FT creation. The wiki should probably reflect that.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Glad to know I'm not the only one getting delayed. I'm at 2 weeks, and still no sign of a card. Good thing we don't need the full 90 days to make the spend.
15 days from application/approval to receiving the card. I'm normally 5-6 days, so it looks like they're somewhere between a week and 10 days behind.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Opened my "some of your benefits are changing" letter for the biz card, and saw this:

"Your 5% AAdvantage Mileage Bonus benefit is being discontinued."

Can someone remind me what that benefit is? It is no longer showing on the official pages, at least I don't see it.
I had the same question. Looks like it's a 5% bonus on your purchases on the card each year.
http://thepointsguy.com/2014/11/aadv...tegy-for-2015/ (scroll down to the Business card section)
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:34 am

Citi Platinum & Gold AA cards bonuses + benefits.

For those seeing the tracker for spend to bonus on their citi homepage - how long after activating my card should I see the information available?

I have bonus confirmed in a letter, but no tracker showing up.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:16 pm

My wife appears to be one of the lucky ones that can open multiple Business cards.
4/16/15 - CitiBus Plat - 50k bonus
7/13/15 - Closed 4/16 card
9/30/15 - CitiBus Plat - 50k bonus - used self tested link aadvantagecards7.citicards.com

Had to call in, but they approved her after 3 waits of 2-3 minutes and confirmed the 50k/$3k.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by ohyonghao
My wife appears to be one of the lucky ones that can open multiple Business cards.
4/16/15 - CitiBus Plat - 50k bonus
7/13/15 - Closed 4/16 card
9/30/15 - CitiBus Plat - 50k bonus - used self tested link aadvantagecards7.citicards.com

Had to call in, but they approved her after 3 waits of 2-3 minutes and confirmed the 50k/$3k.
Similar experience here. I closed my previous biz card in July & was approved for another last week. App went pending, but I let it ride instead of calling & approval came a few days later.

PS: I've edited the wiki to include aadvantagecards7.citicards.com (and aadvantagecards6.citicards.com for good measure; there seems to be a predictable series in the links to which these forward).

Last edited by beltway; Oct 1, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ashap
For those seeing the tracker for spend to bonus on their citi homepage - how long after activating my card should I see the information available?

I have bonus confirmed in a letter, but no tracker showing up.
Immediately after activation for me. However, it's not on any page you normally would look at !

To find the tracker clock: You have go to Account Details for that card, and then on that page you'll see a "My Miles Summary" link next to something probably telling you that you've earned 0 miles so far. Click that "My Miles Summary" link, then scroll down to find the tracker clock. Obviously, if you didn't know the clock was there, there'd no reason to want to click on "My Miles Summary" when just to the left it it's telling you your total miles earned are 0. (Who would need a "summary" of that? )

Btw, on the clock, the number of days is continually updated, but the "$xxxx to go" is only updated once per statement (ie, it doesn't factor in current purchases not yet posted to a statement).
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
PS: I've edited the wiki to include aadvantagecards7.citicards.com (and aadvantagecards6.citicards.com for good measure; there seems to be a predictable series in the links to which these forward).
If recent experience is still a good guide, all these business card links will expire at the stated expiration date, which is only a month away. However, at that point there should be new business links to add to the wiki.

Good to hear that business card churning is not dead yet.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Immediately after activation for me. However, it's not on any page you normally would look at !

To find the tracker clock: You have go to Account Details for that card, and then on that page you'll see a "My Miles Summary" link next to something probably telling you that you've earned 0 miles so far. Click that "My Miles Summary" link, then scroll down to find the tracker clock. Obviously, if you didn't know the clock was there, there'd no reason to want to click on "My Miles Summary" when just to the left it it's telling you your total miles earned are 0. (Who would need a "summary" of that? )

Btw, on the clock, the number of days is continually updated, but the "$xxxx to go" is only updated once per statement (ie, it doesn't factor in current purchases not yet posted to a statement).
Thank you!!! I found it, all is well :-)
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:21 pm

Citi Gold Annual fee

Thanks. Found the answers with a FT search. Thanks.

Last edited by zznoname; Oct 1, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.