Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
If not, I'd always prefer an app that has a landing page where you can take a screen shot to prove what you applied for, should Citi ever dispute the bonus you expected to get.
Is there any history of the wiki misstating the bonus amount on offers, or of Citi disputing a bonus amount in relation to them? I can't think of any instances in which this has happened.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:50 pm

One card per 18 months applies to all of the personal Plat and Gold links.

The difference is the first (zombie) link requires you to wait from 12 to 26 months from the date you applied for ANY AA card, including the EXEC (YMMV). The reason the wiki describes it as not having "Explicit Churning Restrictions" is that the wait period was not written in the T/Cs, and varied from person to person.

The new links for the Plat and the Gold only require you to wait 18 months after applying for that specific card. This is the "Explicit Churning Restriction" that is spelled out in the T/Cs, and seems to not vary from one person to another.

So using the new links, you can apply for the Plat MC card if you haven't applied for a Plat MC in the past 18 months, even if you have gotten eleventy-seven EXECs, all of which are still open. Reports are this is true even if you just recently closed a Plat Visa. After that, you will have to wait 18 months before you can apply for a Plat MC thru the new link a second time.

The story is exactly the same for the new Gold app. Apply now if you haven't had one in the last 18 months. Then wait 18 months before you can apply for your next Gold AA card.
I applied for aa plat mc card 18 months ago using link #1 and I still have the card. I'm planning on canceling the card and use link #3. Do you think it will work or I should try link #1 since link #3 said closed within 18 months which mine won't be. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:56 pm

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but....

I booked 2 AA reward tickets today for my wife and myself. We both used our own AA miles and I used my AA platinum card to pay for the fees over the phone (she has one too, but I thought it was easier).

I'm curious about the 10% redemption bonus. Each award was 62,500 miles on a First class partner airline, so I believe we both should get 6,250 miles back. Does it make a difference that I paid for the combined awards? I'm a bit nervous now that I hink more about this...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:01 pm

I just received instant approval (10,5000 limit) using link #3.

Last applied & approved for Citi AA Platinum Select in January 2013 and closed in December 2013 (14 months).

Was happy to get instant approval after lowering 2 Hilton HHonors limits to $1000 each, Platinum to $7000, and ATT Universal to $2200.

Honestly, I'd been reading this forum for quite some time and not really understanding the new lingo concerning "open or closed in the last 18 months". Recent posts have helped a lot in clarifying this.

Thanks to all for the insight.

Last edited by Jetlagged Traveler; Jan 30, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by adschnei
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but....

I booked 2 AA reward tickets today for my wife and myself. We both used our own AA miles and I used my AA platinum card to pay for the fees over the phone (she has one too, but I thought it was easier).

I'm curious about the 10% redemption bonus. Each award was 62,500 miles on a First class partner airline, so I believe we both should get 6,250 miles back. Does it make a difference that I paid for the combined awards? I'm a bit nervous now that I think more about this...
Does not matter which card you used to make the "purchase". As long as the miles came out of the AA account that has this credit card associated with it, you should be good to go. (check your AA account, bonus points are likely already there)

Edit, you both will get the bonus if both of you have a platinum card for which both of you are "sole owner" If your wife is only an AU on your card, then you will get only one set of miles. (because the miles came out of separate AA accounts, one of which does not have AA citi platinum card linked to it)

Last edited by rgAAFT; Jan 30, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:31 pm

Sorry for posting something similar to an earlier post but, after looking over the Exec thread am I understanding this correctly....I can get the PersonalPlat using new link #3 even though I've recently held the Exec?? If true then I should be able to get the PersonalPlat (#3) 8 days later apply for the Exec then 65 days the PlatBusiness Link #5....Right? Thanks in advance !!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ctdohert2
Sorry for posting something similar to an earlier post but, after looking over the Exec thread am I understanding this correctly....I can get the PersonalPlat using new link #3 even though I've recently held the Exec?? If true then I should be able to get the PersonalPlat (#3) 8 days later apply for the Exec then 65 days the PlatBusiness Link #5....Right? Thanks in advance !!
Exactly....

(I'm assuming your EXEC app was more than 57 days ago, and no other Citi apps of any type during that time, of course, but you seem to understand all that )
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Does not matter which card you used to make the "purchase". As long as the miles came out of the AA account that has this credit card associated with it, you should be good to go. (check your AA account, bonus points are likely already there)

Edit, you both will get the bonus if both of you have a platinum card for which both of you are "sole owner" If your wife is only an AU on your card, then you will get only one set of miles. (because the miles came out of separate AA accounts, one of which does not have AA citi platinum card linked to it)
^ +1
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:57 pm

Applied via one of the first links.....declined.

Rep referenced that I had the card within 18 months. He encouraged me to apply for a non miles earning card.

Curious to see the legally acceptable decline reason.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by asiantraveler
I applied for aa plat mc card 18 months ago using link #1 and I still have the card. I'm planning on canceling the card and use link #3. Do you think it will work or I should try link #1 since link #3 said closed within 18 months which mine won't be. Thanks.
Don't do either one.

Link #1 will most likely get you denied for having had an open AA card in the past (12 to 26) months.

If you cancel first, link # 3 will get you denied for having canceled a Plar MC within the last 18 months.

Applying with the MC still open should get you approved. Why cancel a card at the 18 month point anyway? Your AF won't hit for another 6 months. Keep your MC open, and apply for another one.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler
Applied via one of the first links.....declined.

Rep referenced that I had the card within 18 months. He encouraged me to apply for a non miles earning card.

Curious to see the legally acceptable decline reason.
Having had one open recently. Unfortunately there is no Constitutional right to another credit card.

If you haven't applied for ANY other Citi card in the past 65 days, you can apply again in 8 days using the new (#3) link. Or of course, apply in 8 days for an EXEC card.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...l#post24109326

But if you are going to apply for either one, please carefully read the wiki of the thread for whatever card you are applying for.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:19 pm

Approved with the app link in (3) with recently opened and closed Exec cards and Plat Visa closed in Dec 14. Last Plat Visa card opened 18 months ago and never held a Plat MC. Anyone notice the direct link in (3) is slightly different from the link on the landing page:

app=UNSOL&sc=4XNW5YV5&m=1R3M111...
app=UNSOL&sc=4XNW5YV5&m=1J811111...

I used the 1R3M but am hoping that is still the 50K. Thoughts on this difference?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:10 pm

Exactly....

(I'm assuming your EXEC app was more than 57 days ago, and no other Citi apps of any type during that time, of course, but you seem to understand all that )
Thank you....And away we go !!!!!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:11 am

11/14/14: Approved for the citi double cash
12/26/14: Approved for AA Platinum

Should I app for the AA Business or Exec? And which links should I use?

Last edited by qwe7791; Jan 31, 2015 at 1:58 am
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by dishgoose
Anyone notice the direct link in (3) is slightly different from the link on the landing page:

app=UNSOL&sc=4XNW5YV5&m=1R3M111...
app=UNSOL&sc=4XNW5YV5&m=1J811111...

I used the 1R3M but am hoping that is still the 50K. Thoughts on this difference?
Good eye.

It means that Citi changed the app link on the landing page within the last month. (I did a thorough scrub/link check on the wiki about 3 weeks ago.) I don't think it matters which app link you use; they appear to have identical terms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.