Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
If only Citi CSRs knew what they are talking about.

It seems to me that in the distant past I read that you needed to wait 60+ days after a denial. But I'm not totally sure that was correct then, much less still correct now.

The other question is when is an app an app? I'm wondering if an app is instantly denied for being within "60 days", and no HP is even done, is that an actual app for 8/65 purposes? Or are only apps that have an inquiry done, and the app processed actually considered an app? Anyone have an data points on this?
My wife got the instant denial on the Exec card with no app ID. However, she received a letter from Citi today with an app ID and the denial for too many applications (60 day rule).

Since she got an app ID I am assuming that it was actually an app and she will have to wait several weeks before the next app.

She will contact Citi in a few days and see if the denied app can be resurrected and approved.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by JATR4
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
JATR4, Thank you for your reply.

I have one more question. Say I got the card and added my wife as a co-user. Then later she applies for her own credit card. At that time what should she do with the exting co-user card? Should she cancel it before applying on her own or just leave it?

Thank you.

Michaelmorio
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
JATR4, Thank you for your reply.

I have one more question. Say I got the card and added my wife as a co-user. Then later she applies for her own credit card. At that time what should she do with the exting co-user card? Should she cancel it before applying on her own or just leave it?

Thank you.

Michaelmorio
Just keep it. Have her add you as an authorized user on her card. That is what we do with all our cards.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
So I got my Citi Business card today (that was fast, I think I was approved last wednesday). ANyways, Usually I get a letter first before the actual card arrives from citi telling me about the 50,000 rewards. This Citi Business card that I got, didnt come with an intro letter so I dont know if Im going to get 50k. Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
So I got my Citi Business card today (that was fast, I think I was approved last wednesday). ANyways, Usually I get a letter first before the actual card arrives from citi telling me about the 50,000 rewards. This Citi Business card that I got, didnt come with an intro letter so I dont know if Im going to get 50k. Anyone else in the same boat?
My wife had the same thing, no indication of the bonus on the letter or with the card. Activated it and sent SM about bonus and was told 50K miles for $3K spend in 3 months. I think that they are only putting the bonus information in with the personal cards.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
My wife had the same thing, no indication of the bonus on the letter or with the card. Activated it and sent SM about bonus and was told 50K miles for $3K spend in 3 months. I think that they are only putting the bonus information in with the personal cards.
AWESOME!! Thank you for the heads up!!!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:14 am

Same for me 2 months ago.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Does anyone know the lowest credit limit we can reduce to for the Amex and Visa Plat Sig cards?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Does anyone know the lowest credit limit we can reduce to for the Amex and Visa Plat Sig cards?
Visa Plat is $2k minimum
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by expatinwa
Visa Plat is $2k minimum
Actually it's $1k for anything other than the MC World Elite card, like the AA EXEC. I reduced one of my Visa Plats to $1K. The World Elite is $5K minimum.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by JATR4
My wife got the instant denial on the Exec card with no app ID. However, she received a letter from Citi today with an app ID and the denial for too many applications (60 day rule).

Since she got an app ID I am assuming that it was actually an app and she will have to wait several weeks before the next app.

She will contact Citi in a few days and see if the denied app can be resurrected and approved.
Please let us know either way. And be sure to HUCA if necessary.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by expatinwa
Visa Plat is $2k minimum
Originally Posted by Brugge
Actually it's $1k for anything other than the MC World Elite card, like the AA EXEC. I reduced one of my Visa Plats to $1K. The World Elite is $5K minimum.
I was under the impression any Visa Signature cards had a $5k min? I have a Visa Plat Signature. I know the Biz card is $7k minimum as they denied me to lower it below that.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:21 pm

I was under the impression any Visa Signature cards had a $5k min? I have a Visa Plat Signature. I know the Biz card is $7k minimum as they denied me to lower it below that.
I don't have any Biz cards, so I don't know about that. But I have lowered many a Visa Sig card to $1k before closing them down. No need to take my word for it though. Just send the bank a SM, asking for the CL to be lowered to $1K. If that won't work they will tell you what the limit is. IME $1K.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:26 pm

I have had a number of AA Business cards with $1000-$1500 CL.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:58 pm

I have had a number of AA Business cards with $1000-$1500 CL.
My AAdvantage Biz card came with a $1,000 limit from the start. I got it in January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.