Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Additionally, this offer is valid only for first time CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Card cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account.

was the only language I see that might have impacted the application. From link 5. If there is a way around this I would love to find it
It doesn't mean anything. It's like certain holy books...not intended to be taken literally. But it could apply to you; the only way to know is to try it.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1M Miles
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Huh, hope they weren't in one of those "Important Account Information" light-blue envelopes, 'cause I threw a couple of those out this week without bothering to look at them. Usually they contain lousy balance transfer offers.
It does say that on the envelope but it's white, not blue.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I understand there are no solid rules... but I have the citi personal platinum visa signature which I opened 2 years ago, I just applied for the citibusiness platinum mastercard a few days ago. If I apply for the citi personal platinum mastercard 8 days after my business signup, I should be eligible for the 50k miles?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by dlandz
I understand there are no solid rules... but I have the citi personal platinum visa signature which I opened 2 years ago, I just applied for the citibusiness platinum mastercard a few days ago. If I apply for the citi personal platinum mastercard 8 days after my business signup, I should be eligible for the 50k miles?
Yes. You are outside of the 18-month period and even closing the current Visa should not affect the MC application.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:15 am

Yes. You are outside of the 18-month period and even closing the current Visa should not affect the MC application.
Hey I was approved for a personal platinum select on 9/16/2013 and closed in in september. I think it was a mastercard.

If I apply for a personal, can I get the bonus points?

Should I just apply to the business? Or both business and personal?
Not sure what to do. Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by superking
Me & Parents , 3 for 3

AA Personal Platinum Visa 03/07/2012 Open
AA Business Platinum Visa 03/07/2012 Open / Closed on 03/2013
AA Personal Platinum MC 10/07/2013 Open
AA Business Platinum Visa 10/07/2013 Open / Closed on 10/2014

AA Business Platinum Visa 03/10/2015 Open
Which app link did you use for the Biz Plat?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
It might have been around 18 months.. but I assume I can have both open at the same time? They don't market the visa anymore and the language on the MC offer clearly states the mastercard only. I've probably answerred my own question..now if only not for this stupid 8 days
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
For my records and for others that want to know:

Got approved for Citi AA Plat on 1/23/2015
Got approved for Citi AA Gold on 1/31/2015
Going for Citi AA Business on the 65th day which will be 3/29/2015. I will let you know how it goes. Had a Citi AA business card back in 2011. Im hoping 4 years is long enough gap to be approved for this card.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:26 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
From reading the Wiki...does it mean that we can now apply and get the bonus for Citi AA Plat. without waiting 18 months after having applied for an AA Executive card?

I just applied for my 8th Exec. card and am wondering if I can apply for the plat in 8 days...I thought that wasn't possible.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ekshtatenko
Hey I was approved for a personal platinum select on 9/16/2013 and closed in in september. I think it was a mastercard.

If I apply for a personal, can I get the bonus points?

Should I just apply to the business? Or both business and personal?
Not sure what to do. Thanks
Welcome to FT!

If it was a Mastercard, you probably won't get the bonus because it was closed within the last 18 months. You should be able to check online to see what it was if you had it registered. The Business card should not be affected by what you did with personal cards.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dlandz
It might have been around 18 months.. but I assume I can have both open at the same time? They don't market the visa anymore and the language on the MC offer clearly states the mastercard only. I've probably answerred my own question..now if only not for this stupid 8 days
Yeah, it was mostly Visas back then and if it was a Visa you should have no problem, my wife and I didn't.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by htang333
From reading the Wiki...does it mean that we can now apply and get the bonus for Citi AA Plat. without waiting 18 months after having applied for an AA Executive card?

I just applied for my 8th Exec. card and am wondering if I can apply for the plat in 8 days...I thought that wasn't possible.
Correct, the new applications with the 18-month language appear to only restrict you if you have opened/closed the same type of card and are no longer affected by Executive cards.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:49 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Correct, the new applications with the 18-month language appear to only restrict you if you have opened/closed the same type of card and are no longer affected by Executive cards.

Thank you!
Good stuff...think I will keep churning the execs till the ghost link is gone then I will jump on the platinum.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
I also received 2 AC passes this week. Have the Plat Visa. Not sure why. The letter was vague
Huh, hope they weren't in one of those "Important Account Information" light-blue envelopes, 'cause I threw a couple of those out this week without bothering to look at them. Usually they contain lousy balance transfer offers.
Originally Posted by LifetimeGold
It does say that on the envelope but it's white, not blue.
Mine came in a light blue envelope, but the text on the front of the envelope was "A token of our appreciation", not "Important Account Information".

And, btw, mine came about a month ago.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Mine came in a light blue envelope, but the text on the front of the envelope was "A token of our appreciation", not "Important Account Information".

And, btw, mine came about a month ago.
I'm pretty sure that the passes are part of the sign-up bonus (although not all applications had that as part of the bonus). So you should get them some time after meeting the min and getting the sign-up bonus miles, unless your application had a bonus of miles but no passes.

I just met the min and got my 50k miles; I expect my passes soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.