Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:24 am

Hard pull policy?

I currently have 7 experian hard pulls and 4 Equifax HP's within the past six, and Citi pulls both where I live (Maryland). I'll be good to go on the 8/65 rule in about a month; is the 6 hard pull/six month limit hard and fast? I otherwise have a 750-800 credit score. Does it matter if I apply for the business platinum instead? If the six hp rule is set in stone I suppose I can try in March rather than risking it.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Deceasedhorse
I currently have 7 experian hard pulls and 4 Equifax HP's within the past six, and Citi pulls both where I live (Maryland). I'll be good to go on the 8/65 rule in about a month; is the 6 hard pull/six month limit hard and fast? I otherwise have a 750-800 credit score. Does it matter if I apply for the business platinum instead? If the six hp rule is set in stone I suppose I can try in March rather than risking it.
No hard rule. 7 and more might work sometimes.You never know if it will or not. Business Platinum does not make any difference.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:48 am

I got approved several times with 8 and 9 HP, i got denied when i had 10 HP, i think the HP effect is 1 factor in addition to your Credit history, score, debt to line credit, income....etc. you should evaluate your chances and make the best possible decision.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:40 pm

Been lucky that I got a second Citi Platinum AAdvantage Card with the bonus. Am I at risk of getting my other AAdvantage Platinum closed or the new one closed if link the account in my Citi portal?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by schrute
Been lucky that I got a second Citi Platinum AAdvantage Card with the bonus. Am I at risk of getting my other AAdvantage Platinum closed or the new one closed if link the account in my Citi portal?
No. I have had 4 at once.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
I got approved several times with 8 and 9 HP, i got denied when i had 10 HP, i think the HP effect is 1 factor in addition to your Credit history, score, debt to line credit, income....etc.
^

Approved with 9 several times. Denied with 11. Laid low after the denial for a couple of months while the HPs fell off the 6 month record, and got an instant approval with a huge CL.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The six months is hard and fast. (Except Citi has problems counting time , so give it an extra margin!)

How many hard pulls (within that six months) is the limit is YMMV. In other words, it's some number which is probably hard and fast for you, but that number may be 6 or may be much more, and it may different for you than it is for me.

Ie, IIRC, the denial letter is firm on the six months, but doesn't spell out the count of inquiries (ie, something like "too many inquiries in the past six months"). You have to look at your own credit report(s) to figure out the count of inquiries that caused the denial.

I don't think we've ever heard of this denial being caused by less than 6 inquiries.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:55 pm

Added some mostly useless 40K + $100 AA rebate personal and business links. Who knows, maybe someone gets less than 1cpm redemption value and could use them.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Expiration for temporary card number?

Was recently approved for the Platinum Select and was given a temporary card number to use on aa.com. Bought one ticket on that same day (went through fine) and tried to buy another ticket a few days ago, although the expiration date keeps getting rejected on this purchase...

Is the temporary card number only available for one-time use, or should it work multiple times up to the temporary limit and expiration date? It still accepts the payment info on aa.com, and only sends me a rejection email a day or two later while the itinerary is being ticketed. Maybe an issue on Citi's backend?

Thanks!

Last edited by SpeedRicer; Dec 29, 2015 at 6:14 pm
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Somewhat confused, but I think I understand.

I currently have:
-AA Amex
-AA Visa Signature
-AA Platinum Select MC World (on the back on top of the MC logo it says World) opened Apr '15

Now, I would l just have to upgrade the MC to WE and I would be able to apply for another card and still be eligible for the bonus?

And if so which one am I eligible for? Can I upgrade through the phone?

Any insight is much appreciated, thanks!!
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:42 am

Is there any way to find out when did you cancel the previous AA card on citi.com ?
My last app was approved on 7/13 but I don't remember when did I close it so that I'm eligible for another one after the 18-month after closed rule ?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by ftbargain
Is there any way to find out when did you cancel the previous AA card on citi.com ?
My last app was approved on 7/13 but I don't remember when did I close it so that I'm eligible for another one after the 18-month after closed rule ?
No experience with Citi, but I had this problem with Chase. I called the number on the back of an open Chase card, and asked the CSR when the other card was cancelled. The CSR didn't want to tell me, and gave various unrelated answers, but I kept asking, and eventually they told me the cancellation date. Worth a try....
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by express3
Somewhat confused, but I think I understand.

I currently have:
-AA Amex
-AA Visa Signature
-AA Platinum Select MC World (on the back on top of the MC logo it says World) opened Apr '15

Now, I would l just have to upgrade the MC to WE and I would be able to apply for another card and still be eligible for the bonus?

And if so which one am I eligible for? Can I upgrade through the phone?

Any insight is much appreciated, thanks!!
You can not upgrade the W to WE . only Citi can do that . Read the Wiki .
Do Not Call please .
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by express3
I currently have:
-AA Amex
-AA Visa Signature
You can also apply for the AA Gold MC and get a bonus, if you haven't closed another AA Gold in the last 18 months.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:10 pm

I have an old AA Plat MC that was converted from W to WE a few months ago. Recently I applied and was approved for a new AA Plat MC. Is it safe for me to close the old WE card and still get the sign up bonus on the new card?
The wiki says that the W-WE conversion prevents the opening of the card to count toward the 18-month rule, but it doesn't mention specifically about the closing of the WE card. I just want to ask since the WE card annual fee is coming up. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.