Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Old Nov 29, 15, 10:36 pm
  #3406  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Northwest, United
Posts: 2,873
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky View Post
Yes
Thank you, sir!
nwflyboy is offline  
Old Nov 29, 15, 10:48 pm
  #3407  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 39
Question regarding WE Loophole

Does the closing of WE after being converted from W mean that one has to wait 18 months, or can one get the bonus for the W again right away?

If you receive a Platinum World MC which is later converted to a World Elite MC, the opening of that card will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule
1) Applied for World
2) Auto converted to World Elite
3) Closed World Elite
4) Get bonus for W again?
Sean54 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 12:05 am
  #3408  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ORD
Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 9
Just applied and got rejected even though I have been approved for the executive card about a year ago. Anyone have any ideas as to why? I haven't opened a Citi card since then.
nbeazy is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 3:32 am
  #3409  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 463
Originally Posted by jsk1973 View Post
If you have opted out, my understanding is that you shouldn't ever have any pre-approved offers at banks' pre-approval sites. There might be an exception for banks at which you already do business, but I'm not sure.

I, too, opted out long ago, and have never received a pre-approved offer at any of these sites. (I have a thin credit history after living abroad for years, but all of my reports are clean and I have $0 debt.) At most, I get the "you might like ..." or "we recommend ..." language.
Thanks!
travelpye is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 6:02 am
  #3410  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 538
Originally Posted by beltway View Post
I take it you're referring to the targeted 60K mailers.


This, and how exactly did they say the match would be implemented:
  • automatically?
  • SM them again after you hit the spend target?
They sent me an SM immediately after approving my request to match the new 60k offer, and said it would be applied to my account automatically within 1-2 billing cycles. If I look at my Rewards Details page, I see this:

Description Rewards
American Airlines Travel Purchases: 0 miles
Purchase Miles: 2,537 miles
Adjustments: 10,000 miles
Total miles earned from your card during the selected period: 12,537 miles
NTP9766 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 12:25 pm
  #3411  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 23
60k match

did you have to send a link to 60k offer or just mention it?

Originally Posted by NTP9766 View Post
They sent me an SM immediately after approving my request to match the new 60k offer, and said it would be applied to my account automatically within 1-2 billing cycles. If I look at my Rewards Details page, I see this:

Description Rewards
American Airlines Travel Purchases: 0 miles
Purchase Miles: 2,537 miles
Adjustments: 10,000 miles
Total miles earned from your card during the selected period: 12,537 miles
supergirl1 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 12:28 pm
  #3412  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 538
Originally Posted by supergirl1 View Post
did you have to send a link to 60k offer or just mention it?
I didn't have to provide anything at all. Just telling them that I received a 60k offer via USPS mail was enough.
NTP9766 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 1:44 pm
  #3413  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 712
I sent sm's last night requesting the additional 10k miles for dh and I. They sent me the "10k mile adjustment will be included in the total monthly mileage on your statement within 1-2 billing periods" reply but nothing for dh yet. Both cards were approved in the 3rd week of October. Dh's PS was converted to WE, the day AFTER I applied for the business card, which is pending, in his name. Has anyone been approved for the business card while a spouse has one at the same address?
diseased is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 2:42 pm
  #3414  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MCI
Posts: 88
Originally Posted by LWT3 View Post
Data point: Applied for Citi Business. (This is the 2nd time I've had this card. First was January 2014. Since then I've churned the Exec and had a couple of Plats and a gold.) Met the spend. Statement posted on 11/27. "Miles reported to American Airlines: 53,030." But only 3,030 miles were posted to my AAdvantage account. I'll wait until the next statement to see if the 50,000 miles post without any action on my part. I assume this issue with bonus miles not showing up at the same time as the miles from putting spend on the card has happened before and has been discussed before, but it isn't in the wiki, so I thought the data point might be helpful to somebody. I'll post again when I see the miles hit my AAdvantage account.
I'm also having this issue. But I have churned this card more recently than you have. The last time I had this card was June 2015.

Edit: My statement also closed on 11/27. I met the spend on 11/17.

Last edited by monkeywrencher; Nov 30, 15 at 2:51 pm
monkeywrencher is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 2:44 pm
  #3415  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by Sean54 View Post
Does the closing of WE after being converted from W mean that one has to wait 18 months, or can one get the bonus for the W again right away?


1) Applied for World
2) Auto converted to World Elite
3) Closed World Elite
4) Get bonus for W again?
No wait, but it is better to close your WE card right after you got approved for a new W card, not before that
boris10475 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 2:46 pm
  #3416  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,793
Originally Posted by LWT3 View Post
Data point: Applied for Citi Business. (This is the 2nd time I've had this card. First was January 2014. Since then I've churned the Exec and had a couple of Plats and a gold.) Met the spend. Statement posted on 11/27. "Miles reported to American Airlines: 53,030." But only 3,030 miles were posted to my AAdvantage account. I'll wait until the next statement to see if the 50,000 miles post without any action on my part. I assume this issue with bonus miles not showing up at the same time as the miles from putting spend on the card has happened before and has been discussed before, but it isn't in the wiki, so I thought the data point might be helpful to somebody. I'll post again when I see the miles hit my AAdvantage account.
My statement also closed on 11/27 and my 50,XXX miles have all posted to AA.
michael_v is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 6:04 pm
  #3417  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 27,282
Originally Posted by NTP9766 View Post
They sent me an SM immediately after approving my request to match the new 60k offer, and said it would be applied to my account automatically within 1-2 billing cycles. If I look at my Rewards Details page, I see this:

Description Rewards
American Airlines Travel Purchases: 0 miles
Purchase Miles: 2,537 miles
Adjustments: 10,000 miles
Total miles earned from your card during the selected period: 12,537 miles
So they have already added this to your account before the statement closes?

Or this is the statement closed after the approval of match? I do not see any intra-cycle information on Citi site.

When I looked at DH's card that also is approved for the match, it only shows the Last Statement's earning and the "clock" shows how much more to go in the next 79 days to earn the 50K.

Last Statement Period
Description Rewards
American Airlines Travel Purchases: 0 miles
Purchase Miles: 1,632 miles
Total miles earned from your card during the selected period: 1,632 miles
Happy is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 6:13 pm
  #3418  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,220
Originally Posted by monkeywrencher View Post
I'm also having this issue. But I have churned this card more recently than you have. The last time I had this card was June 2015.

Edit: My statement also closed on 11/27. I met the spend on 11/17.
My 50,000 bonus miles posted to my AAdvantage account today, so just one day after the 3,000 miles posted. I think with every other Citi card I've had or that my wife has had (about 30 total), the bonus miles/points and the spend miles/points posted at the same time, so the lag this time surprised me. But it's good to know I don't have to call American to ask them to look into it or open a case.
LWT3 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 7:23 pm
  #3419  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 35
I tested out the pre-approval page. Very strange. I said that I was most interested in travel benefits. The message at the top:

"_______, we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer. See below for 4 other cards you may like."

Then it shows the standard 50k offer for the Platinum Select. Then below it:

"You may also be interested in these credit cards."

And then the offers for the ThankYou Premier, ThankYou Preferred, Simplicity, and Diamond Preferred cards. They would seem to be the other 4 credit cards.

I may have opted out of receiving pre screened offers years ago on my credit report, but I have received mailers occasionally. Although it's possible that they were for standard offers, not actual pre-approvals; it's been a while so I can't remember.

Any thoughts? I should be eligible for the Platinum Select offer and planned to apply regardless of what the pre-approval page said.
Ketawa is offline  
Old Nov 30, 15, 7:27 pm
  #3420  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
I got the Citi AA Business 50K miles about 6 months ago. If I want to apply for another one in about 3 months should I close my current business card now or close it after I apply for the new card.
rocklline is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread